“Choose your room carefully” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bintan Cabana Beach Resort

You added Bintan Cabana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bintan Cabana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Pantai Trikora Km. 46,, Riau Islands Province 29153, Indonesia   |
Announcement
CABANA SPA ON THE ROCK
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bintan Island
Hong Kong, China
“Choose your room carefully”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Some good and not so good aspects to this place. Firstly, staff and friendly and try to be helpful. Its quite a way from the ferry terminal, the journey can take an hour in the hotel bus. I was originally booked into a "Luxury' room whicg turned out to be far from luxury and situated across the road from the main part of the hotel and sea. As I approached it in the dark it looked impressive - a standalone villa, However the interior is very disappointing - very basic furniture, old style CRT TV, no aircon in the main part of the villa - only in the partitioned bedroom so to hot to sit and relax in the villa, verandah but no outdoor seating. Being in this room away from the sea view is quite depressing. The next day I asked to change room, I paid an extra SGD30 for a new room in a block extending over the sea. The room was much nicer and better appointed with full aircon, flatscreen TV, balcony with seats overlooking the sea, nice bathroom (although the drains smelled bad). Theres not much to do at the resort and the beach is nothing much to shout about but if you just want a quiet place to relax this is OK. I have to say the food is not great for me. The breakfast choice was limited and mostly Asian dishes, some, but limited western choices - cereal, bread eggs, thats about it. I had dinner one night but was not impressed, although its very cheap. Overall, this place is OK, it didn't impress me but on the other hand it wasn't that bad. Next time i go to Bintan, I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Avoid 'Luxury' rooms across the road away from the sea
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Can't ask for more... their service was great, very organized, and place are so clean. All of the staff are very accommodating, we are happy that our vacation is worth. PERFECT for a short or long get away vacation. Cheers to your excellent team!!! will see you soon again :) Thank you ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Spent a nice, quiet weekend there.

The hotel is quite far from Singapore though (2h by ferry + another 1h of bus shuttle to the resort), so once you arrived, you already think about the trip back...

Staff was nice even though some of their English is very limited and therefore it takes time to communicate.

No much activities to do, especially when the tide is low most of the day.

Shuttle facilities are very well organised.

To sum up: it was an experience but wouldnt go back. Next time, we will try to go to the North of Bintan instead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was lucky enough to get room 1127 which is the last room on a jetty going out to sea. The spacious room had double aspect views and a beautiful balcony to relax on. Despite the fact that this wing of the hotel was newly built, it already looked quite lived in and the AC broke down on the last night. The resort has a very relaxed feel about it and is the perfect place to chillax, read a book, go for a swim in the very shallow water, have a massage or go for a walk. If you don't have a car, there is nothing much to do in the area. the restaurant food and buffet breakfast is average and quite limited. Expect a live egg cooking station, lots of cooked Asian food, 2 choices of cereals, white bread and butter and nothing much else. The hotel's true luxury are the unspoilt views and the fact that there is only wifi in the restaurant area, so time to re-center on yourself.

Room Tip: When you book a room with kids, beware that they charge 40 sgd per night per bed If you want to hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my bf was there for a 3D 2N stay. Other than the super small and cramp van (but cannot expect much, it's free land transport!) , everything was great. The food at the restaurant was very delicious. I gained so much weight during the stay there. I tried out the massage beside the hotel. I tip them beforehand and it was really a great deal. My shoulder pain was all gone after the massage. I booked the stay of junior suite, and the room was big, with bathtub, clean bathroom, two doors(front and back), balcony, big double bed, dining table and chairs. And the first step we take out of the balcony was already the sandpit and few more steps, it's the sea! Clear blue sea that we never get to see in Singapore! The staffs there was very polite and helpful. They even thought us how to put a firework! Aww.. Miss the staffs there.

Overall, it's a absolute great place to stay in. Will definitely go back there in the future! There's nothing bad I could think of.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I went with my family and we had 2 rooms. This is my 3rd time to Bintan within 3 yrs! The land journey to d resort is very painful one hr ride cos d local tour did not adv the driver who picks us up on our arrival time! Although we saw our names on top of their excel spreadsheet! Worst of all, we had to cramped and sardined up into a 15seater van with 16paxs!! We came via Bintan Telani jetty terminal.

We checked in feeling totally exhausted. All of us were silence due to cramping n fatigueness inside d van. Checking in was ok. Our rooms were abt 5 mins walk to d lobby and had to cross d road!! Gosh!! Wat a so-called resort!!
The land was dry n not much greeneries to shade the walkway which is under construction! So imagine if it is raining with thunderstorm...no one dares to walk thru!

Swimming pool was ok. V quiet area..and yes..we spotted 3 stray skinny dogs!! One even chased aft the hotel staff who was riding on a motorbike! The area wasnt gated!

My room aircond wasnt cool..hence call the receptionist who arranged 2 technicians to repair!!! It takes them abt 45mins to settle the matter...

Food price was in Rupiah. Price is similar to SG foodcourt price eg.avocado juice at Rp25,000 while fried rice at Rp35,000. Reasonable.

Didnt go to the spa. Doesnt look appetising to me. Anyway we took the complimentary shuttle to Agro Beach which is much better (i stayed there 2yrs ago). More seasports game such as Kiteboarding etc in Agro. Cabana has none! U wont see anyone doing anything there..nothing exciting.

We went for a nite local tour at SGD10/pax. We had our dinner in an area known as "Akau". They sells more of Chinese food. But we managed to find Malay Halal stalls..serving seafood.We had good fresh seafood dinner for less than $30 for 4 of us including drinks and satay!! I guesses thats the only thing good abt the tour besides going to Ramayana Mall.

Other than that, i would not recommend this place if you are looking for some adventure.

• Stayed February 2013
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was there for 2 days. Just short rest during one of the weekends. Comparing with other hotel it has adequate price and quite good service. Hotel organized a minibus from ferry terminal. Way took about 40-50 minutes but you can see real life in the island.

I arrived there earlier check in time but room was ready. I booked luxury room. I liked that it's big, spacious, tea/coffee facilities in the room. I don't like much furniture - quite old; towels, bed sheet - old as well even with spots... but they were clean. In bathroom there is half window. So during nights a lot of mosquitos come it when you switch on the light. But I had repellent with me so didn't suffer from mosquitos in the room.

Sea is just 30 second walk from room terrace:) Water is clean and nice. I enjoyed swimming there!))

Food is nice even for Europeans. I can’t say that breakfast is great but you always find something fits you. I took cakes, dumplings, eggs. All was very good. Lunch and dinner was also very nice:)

Out of the resort it’s nothing to do. You can book tour if you want. But if you come for 1-2 days relaxing why do you need any tour?;)

Generally I liked this place and think I would come back one day despite of those small unsatisfactory features.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo