After a week-long conference in Singapore two friends and myself were looking for a short holiday nearby. We choose the Angsana Resort in Bintan and booked a double suite. The ferry travel was uncomplicated but take care if you can buy your visa at arrival (i.e. Germans and Brits) or if you have to apply for one three days earlier (i.e. Greek passport holders). The hotel offers very good value for money. The spa is outstandingly good and offers very good packages. Choose the roof terrace for your treatments and best is in the evening. We used a lot the sport facilities with jungle mountain-biking, jet-skiing, water-skiing and catamaran-sailing. Everything was reasonably priced. We had dinner at the beach and liked the seafood BBQ with life-music. However, it is fairly quite after 11pm but that suited us well. Although it was a Singapore bankholiday the beach and pool felt not over-crowded. The staff was always very kind and gentle. If you want to go fine dining there are three posh restaurants round the corner at the Banyan Tree. Overall we had great three days. Bintan is probably too small for a two-weeks stay but for up to one week combined with Singapore it is ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands