“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed for a night at Angsana Bintan & totally loved the experience.

We enjoyed the yoga workout at Banyan Tree, the restaurants with great ambience & the clean & clear beach!

It's such a relaxing stay. The room was great with all the necessary amenities & most of all the friendly staff at Angsana left the greatest inpression!

Will certainly wish to be back soon!

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Kimugoh,

I am delighted to learn that our friendliness has left the greatest impression on you, and more importantly we were able to deliver the true experience of Angsana Bintan.

It is lovely to hear how you also enjoyed the yoga workout at our sister hotel along with our restaurant and the pristine beach.

I would be happy to have you back again with us in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Did a 2 days 1 night stay recently at Angsana Bintan just to get away for the weekend to unwind. The private beach with white sand & clear water was so welcoming. Definitely a plus point for those who enjoy the sea.

The Angsana Spa is excellent and offered top notch service. Spa ambience is calming and definitely a must do when in Angsana.

Food is slightly on the pricey range but that's expected on Bintan Island. Will definitely go back to Angsana whenever a short break is required to de-stress!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Michelle L,

I am so happy to hear that we have were able to provide you with a memorable experience.

With a private beach white sandy beach sand and clear lagoon topped with a natural rainforest surrounding the resort, Angsana Bintan indeed makes a perfect short get-away from Singapore that can be reached within 45 minutes by a ferry ride.

Thank you for the generous comments on SPA and on our overall facilities and services. I look forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in a near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my first time to Bintan. Actually there are 3 ways to get to Bintan. From Batam, from Singapore, and from Tanjung Pinang. I chose the latest simply because it only took me one type of transport from the airport to the resort, which is by taxi. I didn't choose Batam because I heard I have to take taxi to the port, took a ferry, and another transport to the resort.
The resort is quite an exclusive area because you can't get in without any reservation. I checked in around 1 pm, but couldn't get into my room until almost 3 pm. But that's the only disappointing service, because the rest of the vacation I get great services.
I guess when you're being patient, you get the best, because I got a room with a great view to the pool and the ocean from 4th floor. The kids loved the pool and the beach. The beach has the softest sand almost like a baby powder. We got to see sea hatchling turtles where they let baby turtles finding their ways to the ocean. Many activities there, but I didn't get the chance to explore them.
Bintan is quite expensive for Indonesian because they use SGD and Angsana use USD. The breakfast at Lotus Cafe is good, but I don't expect to spend 4 mornings with the same menu everyday. :)
The transport is hard to find. They provide free shuttle bus to Kelong Restaurant at Nirwana Garden Resort which leaves at 6.30 pm and back at 8 pm and 10 pm. It is a 10 minutes ride. Kelong has great food, and is located over the beach. It would've been a great sight, but we couldn't see anything at 7 pm. Kelong uses SGD and Rupiah.
Angsana also provide a bus to Pasar Oleh-oleh, SGD 5 for adult and SGD 3 for child. The bus leaves at 12.30pm the soonest, but they have many schedules after that. If we miss the latest bus, we have to take a taxi back to the resort. It takes 15 minutes to get there from the hotel.
I didn't spend so much time exploring Pasar Oleh2 because it's kinda hot and the children gets 'cranky'. The place is smaller than I expected, but there are restaurants and minimarkets to buy drinks and snacks.I found a taxi there which I used everywhere I go, including to Ferry Terminal to go to Singapore, which is only 15 minutes from Angsana. The trip from Bintan to Singapore by ferry is 1 hour.
I also had seafood lunch the next day at Ciu Yong Seafood Restaurant, 1 hour drive from Angsana.
Overall, despite the price and the transport, we love it anyway.

Dear Dewi H,

Thank you for sharing this Angsana experience.

The team and I are thankful to you for choosing to stay with us and we are pleased to know that you have had a comfortable stay.

I would like to highlight to you that as in almost all hotels, we have a check-in and a check-out time. In our case, it is 3pm check-in. The purpose of this is to allow our Housekeeping team to clean and refresh the rooms for the new arrivals after the guests check-out at 12:00 noon.

I am glad that at the end of the day you loved the room that we have assigned as well as the stunning view from its balcony.

I am happy to note that you were able to join our our sea turtle hatchlings release. It was the second release in 2014 and we intend to carry out more in the coming months.

The team and I are looking forward for your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great stay and professional staff and great location to area. Quite disappointed as we didn't get the suite near to beach although the reservation did mentioned that they will arrange accordingly but overall i did enjoyed my stay and will recommend to others. :) not forgetting the exotic spa as its great way to indulge and unwind ourselves.

Room Tip: 111 Angsana suite near to swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear SabinaJAs,

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our beautiful location and the exotic Angsana Spa.
Allow me to apologize for communication issue regarding your room assignment; I have shared your feedback to the concerned department head for full investigation and follow up.

I look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to Angsana Bintan in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is not my first time to Angsana Bintan but will be the last for sure.

1.Master bathroom floor trap choked and flood - It took a while for the maintainance team to un-choke the floor trap. Afterwhich, they did not even offer to mop the floor nor offer fresh floor towels. It was frustrating and disappointing to receive such service from a reputable hotel brand.

2. The alacarte at Lotus cafe was extremely salty and unbearable. Breakfast buffet menu was limited.

3. Standard of spa therapist has dropped drastically. We used to rave about Angsana spa but this round, the skills of the therapist is not great. I gave an honest rating of 'average' in the sealed confidential feedback form and was shocked when the therapist opened up the form and queried my rating for her service. After a futile explaintation to her, i gave up and change my rating to 'GOOD'. Simply because i am not keen to explain any further to her!!

Overall, many factors attributed to my displeasure with Angsana Bintan and will not revisit this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Joyce G,

Allow me to apologize for our shortfalls that has resulted in an unpleasant experience.

I have noted and shared your feedbacks on the maintenance issue and food quality with the respective department heads for further investigation and follow up.

It is regretful to hear that we have failed to live up to the standard expected of us in SPA treatment. I assure you that retraining has been done to prevent such issues happening again.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us and we look forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My partner had been working in Singapore and she needed some relaxing time before we headed home. A few Singaporeans had suggested Bintan and as it was a short ferry ride we thought we would give it a go. We just wanted to stay somewhere near a beach and Angsana is certainty near a beach. Neither of us are resort people so didn't know what to expect. We stayed here three nights and the beach was pretty empty and we had no problem finding available sun loungers. I snorkel and scuba dive and was surprised by the coral and marine life on view near the rocks and near banyan tree . The tidal range is about 1 to 1.5 meters and visibility is anything from from 2 to 5 meters. Snorkelling when the tide was coming in seemed best as the cleaner water was coming in and it was shallower showing off the colours better. Angsana has seen better days and many things are a bit dated: watch out for the patio doors in the room which can lock you out, the hot water in the room which can be scalding and the scales in the gym which are thankfully flattering. The food is average quality and expensive when compared to Singapore . We had the BBQ on Friday night as we wanted to try a variety of Indonesian food and there was a good selection, but at 36 USD plus 21% was expensive for what is was. Any drinks are very expensive even compared to Singapore so we avoided it: 7.5 USD for a small can of local beer plus 21% tax and service is a bit of a killer especially when it's not very good. The service was very attentive which is something we are not used to as we are more "hawker centre" than "fancy resort" people. The staff seemed to work hard to make us feel welcome and so I cannot fault them at all. All in all I think the reviews on Tripadvisor seem pretty accurate.

Dear SouthBanksy,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a relaxing stay.

As you have indicated, the property was opened some years back and since then, we have been maintaining the property to acceptable standards. Please be assured of our commitment to provide our guests with a product that is at above expectations. We currently have a rigorous up-keep program focusing on maintenance issues in all areas of the hotel in order to provide our guests with rooms and facilities that are comfortable.

Being in a remote area amidst tropical rainforest and a pristine beach we face challenges to source for good produces that can be delivered with low cost, hence it affects our food and beverage price. However let me assure you that our pricing is in line with other resorts in the area.

Meanwhile I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had a 3D2N stay at the resort with my spouse. We were impressed by the check in service. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The clean was clean and very nicely done up. I love the breakfast buffet! It was a wondering experience.

Dear Koh M,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am delighted to learn that you have had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for the appreciative feedback on our staff. The team is delighted to learn that the service provided has been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Bintan in a near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!