Having left Singapore on the 8.10 am (SG time) ferry service, we were well on our way to Angsana Bintan by 9.00 am (Bintan time). This was accomplished by the efficient and friendly Angsana staff at the BBT Ferry terminal who already had our names and details on hand.
Ushering us to some comfortable seats in the hotel lobby, the reception staff with welcome drinks in hand then proceeded to go through the formalities for check-in. Being rather early in the morning (check-in time 2 pm), we were informed that our rooms were still not yet available. We were offered some options on things to do and decided to visit the Pasar Oleh-oleh which the hotel promptly arranged transport for. Just before the taxi was due to arrive, we were given keys to our room (pleasant surprise). To me, this reflects true service and honesty - a lesser hotel would have hidden this fact from us having known that we had just arranged to go off.
Room - Rooms exceeded our expectations. Spacious lay-out albeit slightly dated design. Pool / beach view added to the ambiance. Nice touch with the incense and lighted aromatherapy candle in the bathroom. Evening turn-down added to what was already great service.
Facilities / Meals - We had our hand at table tennis in the recreation room. Beautiful pool that we were able to enjoy briefly during our stay. We chose to have dinner outside the resort so did not try dinner at Angsana. Breakfast included in our package was a relatively simple affair - the atmosphere and quality outweighs quantity / variety for us. Would have enjoyed some porridge though.. Another suggestion would be to have a well-stocked reading room / library that guest could fill their time with during wet / too hot weather.
Compared to other places we have been, Angsana Bintan really stands out for excellent service. There was a genuine sense of service that was felt when dealing with the staff.
Again and again, they were willing to go beyond what would normally be expected from hotel staff in other places. This added on to the location and atmosphere of the hotel that was peaceful and relaxing as a whole.
Overall, enjoyable weekend stay at Angsana Bintan. Would recommend and would like to return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands