“Good location and very good service by staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
Daylesford, Australia
“Good location and very good service by staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hi
We spent 4 lovely relaxing nights at Angsana Bintan from the 23rd to the 27th of August 2013.
Our room was a good size very clean and serviced everyday and also the bed was turned down every night with a room tidy up as well.
We had a great view over the pool to the ocean and a small balcony to sit out and enjoy the sunsets.
The beach was groomed and cleaned each morning and the pool was good with plenty of sun lounges and large umbrellas.
All meals were good with a barbecue on Friday night near the beach and you can also get a free shuttle to the Banyan Tree resort next door with three more restaurants there.
The Spa massage we thought was a bit expensive but when we did have one it turned out to be good value for money.
The staff at the resort were very friendly couldn’t have been nicer to us over the whole stay.
We left a bag at customs at the ferry terminal and I was driven back twice to try and find it and with help of Angsana staff we did.
Al and Karen

Room Tip: Our room 419 was a corner room and very good with great view over pool to the Ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ANIDBN, Executive office, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Alistair G,

Thank you for your time in sharing us your review after the recent stay at Angsana Bintan.

It's our pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and was satisfied with our service and facilities. We also appreciate your compliment about your dining experience Friday BBQ at Pantai Grill.
Thank for your gracious comment to our staff, we believe that our associates are ones of the finest in the industry, and your gracious review had proven it. In the meantime, we have shared your comment to the entire team as a motivation to continue working with passion in order to deliver the best service to our valued guests.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to be of your service, and we will look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

With best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visited in 2005.
Hotel room quality was just an average- if you expect something super luxurious, might not meet your expectation - but was comfortable and clean enough to stay as a young couple.
There were a lot of kids screaming in the pool every single day and we did not get in the pool. There is a private beach for the hotel guests - where they provide us with the umbrella and beach beds. Again, it was not decorated in the super resort way where beautiful beds and shades are fixed but you can enjoy a quiet moment right in front of the water. We also enjoyed a good lunch and drinks at the beach. Not much people were around in the beach and was able to spend the relaxing time there.
The good thing about Angsana was that the seafood is very reasonable. You get a big lobster and all sorts of fish with a good price in their restaurant.
Could be good for the family with kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ANIDBN, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear CristalTokyo,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor.

We value your feedback and strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience.

It is true that our resort especially during the school holiday is a favourite designation for families.

Understanding how popular our pools are, we strictly reserved their use for our guest only.

My deepest apology you did not find the experience to be to your complete satisfaction.

I have personally briefed our respective department heads in order to improve the services on offer.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch and drinks at the Pantai Grill, and especially the seafood.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we look very much forward to welcome you back to our beautiful resort in the future.

Your Sincerely,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My 3rd time to Angsana.
Biggest draw is the beautiful private beach.
This time we stayed at the Angsana suite. Loved the private garden and direct access to the pool and beach.
The long stretch of clean beach, shallow waters and huge rocks provides hours of fun exploration for my kids.
They managed to see a lot of fishes, and even managed to catch some small jelly fish and fishes.
Food was also great with several selection in Angsana, as well as the next door Banyan Tree.
A highly recommended choice for a short vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

ANIDBN, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Angsana Bintan.

We take great pride in our effort to provide an unforgettable experience. We are delighted that you enjoy our beautiful beach, our garden, the suite and the food in Angsana restaurant and also in Banyan Tree restaurant.

Once again we greatly appreciate your feedback and we are excited about hosting you and your family again!

Yours Sincerely,

Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Angsana Resort regularly over the past 10 years as a member of the Laguna Holiday Club. My recent visit (7-11 Aug) was the most disappointing experience I have had in what I once regarded as a wonderful resort which I recommended and brought close friends to. This disappointment has extended to today when I have yet to receive any reply or response from Angsana regarding my feedback form submitted to the Reception when I checked out. We had a 1BR suite, and the trials began with a bus from the ferry terminal that stopped twice from mechanical issues and then within the Angsana grounds, actually broke down. The driver took about 10 min to try and get things going and he (Edrisno) is to be commended for that. I heard fellow bus passengers remarking on the poor quality of transit. At the Resort, we were greeted by an inexperienced LHC staff which was perhaps undertandable given the Hari Raya holidays. But when we had our room assigned, there was no resort briefing and when we tried to get details of simple things like local phone calls, etc, there was no printed material in the room to help. We then sought to place our passports, etc in the room safe. There were no instructions and we tried all manner of past experience to get this to work. A call to the operator yielded not a response, and only personally bringing a front counter staff to the room resulted in some response from Engineering. In the end, I was told that this was an old safe and other rooms had new safes. Happily, they replaced the entire safe. But the angst of this experience (down to not having tea and coffee replaced) was significant. And what now irks is that there has not been a single reply or response to my carefully written feedback form some 10 days on. This advertised premier resort which I have been delighted with for years, has seriously disappointed. And now, I suspect that the only reasonable response I will get to my concerns are as a result of this being reflected in the international forum of Trip Advisor, I wish it had not been so

Dear Wyemun,

I would like to apologize to you for the late reply.

We are so sorry that your stay with us this time was less than satisfactory. I have shared your feedback with our team and we are committed to make ongoing improvements to our product, service, and staff training, ultimately ensuring that we meet the expectations of our guests.

We highly value your valuable feedback on Trip advisor and on the guest questionnaire which you filled out on your departure with regards to no in room briefing, safe deposit box failure, broken bus , and the deck chair cushions.

It is our objective to meet and actually exceed the expectations of our customers and I am sorry that in this particular case we have certainly fell short.

Thank you for your gracious comment about our associate Edrison. He was indeed very happy by your kind words.

Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience at our resort as a 10 years member of Laguna Holiday Club was not as you would expect from Angsana Bintan.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to our beautiful resort in the future.

Sincerely yours,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

From all reports Angsana is the second best resort on the island- second to Banyan Tree (Which is about double the price). The rooms are a little older but the bedding and linen are all beautiful and new. The service was excellent, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle from the airport, so don't bother paying $15 for a taxi. The spa is really amazing, I had the best massage ever, I would highly recommend it. They don't really advertise but you can walk over to Banyan Tree next door and eat at their restaurant and charge it to your room. Their Thai restaurant was wonderful. They state prices in US and charge rupiah on your credit card plus taxes, but I think that is standard for Bintan.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

OK, so you expect prices to be inflated when staying at an isolated resort but the prices charged here are disgusting - US$15 for two average cups of coffee! I also suspect the are creaming money off on the exchange rates which were always worse than what I got on xe.com and worse for the Rupiah which they insist you pay in (dubiously down to Bintan banks only accepted Rupiah)

The rooms are so dated it was like staying at my Grandmother's house and not good enough for S$500 a night.

Its a shame cost the location is quite pleasant and the staff and service absolutely superb. The (what I consider) unethical price gouging ruins it all.

Sorry Banyan Tree but you've lost my business

Room Tip: stay at another resort
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear LeGrange1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

It concern us greatly to read your comment in regards to our F&B and accommodation pricing policy at our resort and I sincerely regret that we have failed to meet your expectation.

Angsana Bintan was renovated in the year 2011.

I deeply appreciate your positive comments about our associates and the location.

Looking very much forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My girlfriends and I (four of us) booked the 2 bedroom suite for the period 2 August to 4 August. No complaints about the room itself, it was acceptable . I thought it a bit expensive for the kind of finishing touches provided. What was a major peeve though was that even though they clearly knew there were 4 of us, the hotel still limited wi-fi access to three devices!!! And apparently this was a rule that could not be changed??

For the price we pay, these days it would not be unreasonable for wi-fi at least to be provided based on number of people in the room. Management of the hotel if you are reading this please do something about it...

Aside from this, the hotel was otherwise enjoyable for a short break... the breakfast spread was not as lavish as we had expected again for the prices we pay....would probably not go back unless there was some promotion. Also the shower should be redone ....as the glass screen does not work and water gets splashed all over....

Bintan island itself has nothing much to offer so the hotel must be better as most times would be spent there... perhaps the hotel could provide some activities such as yoga class or more...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ANIDBN, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear NickyPoops,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Regarding the Wi-fi access as mentioned our IT specialist will look into possibilities to extent further.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience your experienced when taking a shower. Water gets splashed all over due to the glass screen.

We do offer various activities on property such as water aerobics, motorized and non-motorized sports activities just to name a few. In addition we do offer daily Yoga classes at our sister property at Banyan Tree.

I am very happy to note that you enjoyed your short break with us.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Best Regards,

Angsana Bintan

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!