Stayed here for some R&R after a trip through Asia.
This is not a 5 star hotel (more like 3 star). It is expensive, the staff are poorly trained and have very limited english and a complete lack of understanding of customer service - although they are very smiley and a little over familiar at times. The decor is very tired and the rooms are really badly designed, particularly the storage. The drinks are expensive ($5 for a bottle of water $7 for a coke and $68 ++ for a bottle of wine that I can buy at home for less than $7 - these prices are US$!!!) The food choice in the restaurants, including that on offer in the neighbouring Banyan Tree, is poor and unimaginative and, again, very expensive for the standard offered.
However, on the plus side, we had a problem with our room with water pouring onto the balcony when it rained and a wonderful assistant manager dealt with our problem and very kindly upgraded us to a suite. (Mind you, we had spoken to 3 members of staff before we eventually collared this very kind lady - nobody else on the staff took any notice of our gripes)
Also, the Spa really is very good indeed - the staff are very professional, the surroundings lovely and the treatments are really excellent value.
It was quiet when we stayed (apparently only 30 guests!) so the beach was lovely and quiet and the pool too. However, there is no beach or pool service - again pretty poor for a hotel that claims to be 5 star.
I'm sure the Angsana is fine for a 2 day break from Singapore but we will not be returning and will defintely not be making any recommendations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands