“Angsan-aah!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

Save Saved
You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Family Adventure Weekend
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Bintan Island
Boston, Massachusetts
“Angsan-aah!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

C'mon folks... Just got back from a fantastic vacation at the Angsana Bintan. I'd take the negative reviews below with a pinch of sea salt... They are too harsh! Sure, the facility isn't brand new, but then the room rates aren't premium either. The rooms are very, very comfy, spotlessly maintained and everything that should work, does. The bathrooms are fine... Large and well appointed. The only problem I had there was with the shower angle... The shower head is too low for a tall person, and the water pressure is so-so. The resort itself is lovely... Smack on the beach, and the swimming pool is fantastic... Big, clean and not crowded. Yes, the food is expensive for what you're served. And an after dinner Kahlua on the rocks will set you back about US$14 at the lobby bar.

The Laguna Bintan golf course was fantastic... I had the course to myself (unlike Ria Bintan) and played 6 rounds in 3 days with a knowledgeable caddy and pretty good fairways, including 2 holes right by the ocean. Pure bliss! So my tip to you guys is to go to Angsana and have fun. Be prepared for pricey food. And request an ocean view room... They're worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

When we arrived at noon way ahead of their check-in time at 3pm, we thought they would allow us to check-in early. However, we sat at the reception area for an hour while they slowly settled the registration, then another 2 hours eating lunch by the beach.

Surprisingly, everything is charged in USD instead of SGD, so it was already comparatively pricier. Food and drinks are average and overpriced. Some facades are not well-maintained, and the smell of ginger lingers throughout the resort. I hate that the spa is fully booked every single hour.

One good point though - we went for dinner and returned to find the room made up and towels replaced! Beach was nice and relatively untouched. Nice swimming pool next to a patio overlooking the beach. Quite a sight in the day.

I would suggest skipping this overly family-friendly resort for couples. Too many kids at all times of the day.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We loved the room - beautiful and clean, and well provided for. But it was not very relaxing. Admittedly it was busy because of Chinese New Year but there was no lounge area in which to relax and the Lotus Cafe was way too chaotic. I do not like that they quote prices in USD and they have a real cheek charging high prices for the food and the spa treatments, especially when you can both of these way cheaper just ten minutes away in Pasar Oleh Oleh, which is what we did. Shuttle service cost only 5 SD return.
The tour brochure (Infinity Holidays) misled us to think that it was good for couples. Maybe we were just unlucky because of all the families there. But maybe this is the usual clientele?

singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

4th time staying at the Angsana Bintan resort, and this will be my final and last time. The state of this resort is bad, and does not justified the price, or the reputation of Angsana. I have book directly with Angsana, and requested for a sea view room. I even came in on the first boat, reach the hotel at 9am. Told the person, to give me a sea view room, and I'm also not in a hurry to check in as we have a spa appontment. When they gave us a room at 4th floor, it was far away from the sea, and the room was totally blocked. Told them to change the room, and say we need to go spa, and come back at 3pm. The lady told a male senior staff, and say yes, they will get me a nice room. When we were back, they say, sorry no room. I requested to speak to their manager, which the nice manager manage to find us a room with a good view.
Now the state of the room is getting worst, there is no ammenties at all in the toilet, and the bath room looks very run down. We have stay in Angsana in various part of the world, and this is the worst kind of room you expect from Angsana.

The service people in the hotel, besides the reception are nice and friendly, especially the restaurant staff. However, the reception staff are different, and not as friendly or nice. Food is limited to only the cove, and the pantai grill, and both their food is bad, and lousy. The breakfast is not worth it, as well as the bbq at night. The beach is full of tar, and the swimming pool is really run down. It is really time to revamp the hotel, and to get a proper manager to run the hotel.
With the hotel is such a state, you just give a project a very bad image to your branding. I hope I will not encounter another Angsana hotel in other parts of the world in such a state. It is really a big disappointment. It is just not worth it, to stay in such a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room near to the seaside. The room they gave me the first time 404 was very far away from th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Nemorevolution,

Thank you for posting your comments of your recent stay at Angsana Bintan on Trip advisor.

I deeply apologize for the poor service and standards you experienced during your stay with us and I would like to assure you that your comment have been taken seriously.

Thank You on your positive comment regarding the friendliness of our associates.

Please rest assure that we have made it a priority to address all issues which you mentioned.

I personally look very much forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Ilias Vamvakas
Hotel Manager
Angsana Bintan
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live in Singapore with my family. We invited my brother and his fiance for a long weekend to Angsana Resort Bintan. We were very disapointed:
Rooms are small, dark and very old. The whole facility was very bedraggled.
Staff was very polite and friendly. But only by staff behaviour a resort should not earn 5 stars!
Toilets were a absolutely no go: dirty and approx 30 years old. Sunbed was really horrible: Colour, leftovers and all other kind of blurs. Beach was also dirty (not only the well known tar balls)
To summerize: Never ever a 5 star resort! Never spent that kind of money for such a lousy resort. Will never go again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my third time staying in Angsana. The fact that it is a mere 50 minute ferry ride from Singapore which affords me some relaxation time is a plus. However, I was very surprised with the prices, it was probably due to high season (CNY). I was paying USD$350 per night for a deluxe twin room which was very normal, nothing special about it.
What baffled me was everything from food and drinks were quoted not in SGD but in USD.
And when you pay with your credit card, they will only charge you in Rupiah.
So they already make money off the exchange rate Rp10000 to USD1 which is easily Rp9600 to USD1, then you get another currency exchange hit when you get back to your home country to pay in your own currency from Rupiah to in my case SGD.
The food in the hotel is also very expensive for ordinary food.
I would have to reconsider returning since for the amount of money you spend here you can easily have a vacation similar to paradise which this isn't.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Everything was very good in our holiday,we are very glad for the service of the hotel members,especially hotel manager;Ilias Vamvakas.......Rooms were clean.....Foods were tasty...We will not hesitate to advise to our friends....

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!