Our family of four booked 2 rooms, for 2 nights at this resort as a quiet birthday celebration for one of our members.
We really enjoyed the pool, the quiet stretch of clean beach for a nice evening walk. We were also able to patronise Treetops restaurant at adjacent Banyan Tree, with transport between the 2 resorts taken care of by Angsana and a buggy service provided by Banyan Tree. We also spent quite a bit of time in their 'games room' (I'm not sure if the resort has an official name for that place). They provided us with a variety of board games, carrom and table tennis that we could enjoy as a family. Thumbs up to that facility.
I liked the breakfast spread..quite a varied selection and the food tasted good. The staff also pulled out a surprise birthday cake (we had not informed them about the birthday in the family or requested of anything from them) and gathered around our table and sang 'Happy Birthday'. Guess it's standard protocol, cus they did it for the next table too, where there was a little kid celebrating his birthday. It was a good cake too!
The only thing marring my memory of this resort, is the bat that was clinging to my arm while I slept on the first night (We had not opened the balcony door at all as we spent most of our day in the other room. So the bat must have gotten in earlier and hidden somewhere). While I'm an animal lover, this is something that had me running out of the room, frantically calling for room service from the other room (no one at the reception and trying to explain a bat in the room over the phone was a chore). A groggy staff member picked up the bat with a piece of cloth and left the room without a word. An experience that gave me a whole new meaning to being one with nature! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands