“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

Save Saved
You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Family Adventure Weekend
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Bintan Island
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our family of four booked 2 rooms, for 2 nights at this resort as a quiet birthday celebration for one of our members.

We really enjoyed the pool, the quiet stretch of clean beach for a nice evening walk. We were also able to patronise Treetops restaurant at adjacent Banyan Tree, with transport between the 2 resorts taken care of by Angsana and a buggy service provided by Banyan Tree. We also spent quite a bit of time in their 'games room' (I'm not sure if the resort has an official name for that place). They provided us with a variety of board games, carrom and table tennis that we could enjoy as a family. Thumbs up to that facility.

I liked the breakfast spread..quite a varied selection and the food tasted good. The staff also pulled out a surprise birthday cake (we had not informed them about the birthday in the family or requested of anything from them) and gathered around our table and sang 'Happy Birthday'. Guess it's standard protocol, cus they did it for the next table too, where there was a little kid celebrating his birthday. It was a good cake too!

The only thing marring my memory of this resort, is the bat that was clinging to my arm while I slept on the first night (We had not opened the balcony door at all as we spent most of our day in the other room. So the bat must have gotten in earlier and hidden somewhere). While I'm an animal lover, this is something that had me running out of the room, frantically calling for room service from the other room (no one at the reception and trying to explain a bat in the room over the phone was a chore). A groggy staff member picked up the bat with a piece of cloth and left the room without a word. An experience that gave me a whole new meaning to being one with nature! :)

Room Tip: Check your rooms for bats or other creatures as the resort is surrounded by vegetation.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

903 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my partner had a fantastic weekend! We went on an overnight trip just to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. We were so relaxed and everything was just wonderful! The staff were very friendly and helpful. I especially love how they put an effort to line our bed with flowers and gave us a free cake in our room because it was our honeymoon. This resort is indeed top class! Very highly recommended.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A short distance from the ferry terminal, with a nice stretch of beach and surrounding greenery.

Attentive service staff that takes care of the transfer, check-in and transport.

Excellent spa facilities and service.

Recommended.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

In planning my personal retreat I had 3 criteria: a clean and not crowded beach, a close to Singapore locale and most importantly peace and quiet. Angsana Bintan suited me to a T.

Service-wise, it was for the most part very good. Just that attention to details was lacking in just a couple of areas - e.g when I arrived, for about a couple of minutes there was no one to attend to me although staff were attending to people in front of me and behind me. Also there was an ant floating in my welcome drink. =/ First impression was not that great but for the most part, overall, the service was pretty good.

Room Tip: If you use the spa services, ask for Rara. She was genuine and professional. Also try the in-room di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Check in was hassle free not to mention the friendly service staffs who greeted you everywhere you go.

The spa was awesome and relaxing though its a little pricey but its worth the money! Thumbs up for the masseurs at Angsana Spa.

Dinner at Pantai Grill was romantic and nice. The setting was beautiful by the beach.

The rooms were spacious and comes with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and sea. Very clean too and most importantly no Mosquitos!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here, 5th January 2013. Below are our comments.

STAFF
Fendi-- Driver who welcomed us at Bintan terminal. Very friendly and helpful. Always has a smile on his face. Keep up the good work!

Lady Receptionist--Lady who welcomed us at the resort, she is not friendly neither a good English speaker. From my observation she is new. Kindly train her as front office staff should be friendly at all times. She didn't even throw a smile at us while getting our passport copies and while I was inquiring for the elephant tour.

Yvonne--Manager who assisted me when we have trouble with our twin bed in room 428. She informed me after 3 hours that it's not possible to have a double bed on our room category, even though we requested for a double bed before arrival, she upgraded us in room 419 which is way better than our room 429. Thanks for accommodating our request to have late check-out.

Telephone Operator--We requested and phoned twice for shaving kit and apparently they delivered sewing kit.

Julius--Beach barman who is very friendly and attentive whenever we will order.
Advise: Be patient as beach barman usually ignores guest. We have a hard time and waited for 15 minutes to get the attention of another waiter.

Ben (Lifeguard/Babysitter)--He is such a gentleman while babysitting baby Miyo. Very good in what he does. Keep up the good work!

Omelette Chef on 6th January--Smiling face. Happy serving the guests. Keep up the good work.

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Welcome Drink--Lemongrass and ginger tea. Presentation is good as there is lemongrass but the taste is not good. It's very sweet! Not natural.

Orange Juice-- this is fresh! Must order.

Juice w/ 4 Flavors--disgusting. Too sweet and not advisable.

Cheesecake w Dragonfruit--as a cheesecake lover, i would tell that their cheesecake is horrible. I don't mind paying a good amount of money for good cheesecake but this one is a no-no. Do not order and waste a penny! Not worth it.
Btw, we ordered it by the pool side.

Fish & Chips by the beach-- Too oily and seems like the fish is not fresh. Seems like it came from microwave and served to us. We are disappointed! But the fries are good. Definitely you will pay for the fries. Order for fries only!

Spaghetti Marinara by the beach-- low quality of products are used. Prawns are a bit hard, tomato is not fresh and pasta is not al dente.

Chicken Shawarma-- The chicken is good but the bread is too oily.
Advise: Enhance the bread or try harder to make it a 5* food.

Bottomline: Angsana Resort food menu needs to be changed. Not worth every penny to be stuck in a place where they offer disappointing food with too high price (USD and not SGD).

Utensils--New and in good condition

ROOM 428--Not a good room. Old and needs to be renovated.
ROOM 419-- Must request. A nice room, double bed. A bit new and most of all, a room with a nice and beautiful view.
ROOM AMENITIES--Nothing special.
CHARGEABLE ORANGE POUCH--nice to look at.
TOWEL ARRANGEMENT--Good job HSK
ENVIRONMENTAL MESSAGE--Very good. Catchy!

BEACH-- Beach is full of seaweed but my advise is to enjoy the waves. Were lucky to play with the waves and have fun under the sun.
Advise: Check your feet as you might end up that it's all black called residual amount of tar. Also, beach needs to be cleaned as there are broken bulbs around the area.

ROCKS on the further right of the resort is pretty but area needs to be cleaned as well.

POOL--Best option for beach. Very relaxing especially with yellow umbrella
and yellow towel to match! Try staying on the mushroom-like cocoon. Fun!

CABANA STAFF--very helpful and nice

CONSERVATION LAB--Jar labels needs to be changed. Should put more information. I enjoyed the conservation lab as it is educational. Btw, the snake on the jar doesn't have a name. Would be nice to know what specie it is.

CHRISTMAS TREE at RECEPTION and RESTAURANT--Good to know the spirit of Christmas is still at Angsana

BREAKFAST BUFFET--Would be nice if there's Nasi Goreng :)

Overall, it's 50/50.

Room Tip: Room 419 is a must request! Beautiful view and quiet. Be patient with the beach waiters. Don'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear LlubluSoleil,

Thank you very much for taken the time to post your experience of your recent stay in Angsana Bintan on Trip advisor.

I deeply appreciate all your commends which have been passed on to the respected Heads of Department for further improvement.

We apologize that you did not enjoy our food in the resort. Our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage director have been informed to revisit all recipes.

We take great pride of our associates and Thank you for mentioning Fendi, Yvonne, Julius & Ben. All associates mentioned will receive a shining star.

Once again Thank you for taken the time to write your commends on trip advisor.

Looking very much forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Ilias Vamvakas
Hotel Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

wife and i Spent a romantic one niight getaway, arranged by my lovely wife, for my 30th birthday.From the onset we were greeted by the staff who were warm and friendly. Our check in was a breeze facilitated by our GRO.
The rooms we very clean and had a turn down service something which some thing my kind a look forward.
We had lunch at the Pantai grill where Food was gd and the staff were very courteous and made our lunch experience lunch as pleasant as can be. A friendly chat with the staff abt what is food was gd made it easier to choose our meals,

The spa were unfortunately kinda booked , but coming for a one night getaway the staff managed to slot us into their busy and packed schedule. Overall the spa experience was very gd although it was a bit on the pricy side.peice of advise try to book the spa in advance esp if your on a short trip

My wife had already made prior arrangement for a private dinner by the beach, called the fisherman table and it more than lived up to its name, The taste of the food served was both fresh and very appetizing. We had a personal waiter who was able to overseer us and yet gave us privacy for our romantic dinner by the beach. i must reiterate that the food was magnificient.from the appetizer to the dessert our pallate were tantalized by the 5 course meal.

The breakfast spread the next morning was abundance in variety, catering both local and an international spread. Breakfast was made even more memorable when the hotel staff suprised me with a chocolate cake ( not just a small slice but a whole cake!!) this arrangement were made entirely by the hotel management and had nothing to do with my wife. I was truly touched by the extra mile the hotel went into into taking care of their guests.

Downright fromt he start to the end the service and warmness of this place had made my 30th birthday a very perrsonal and memorable one. I surely look forward to spend another getway really soon in this warm and excellent hotel where the experience of the guest is thier top priority.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!