“A romantic getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

Save Saved
You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Family Adventure Weekend
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Bintan Island
Singapore
“A romantic getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

wife and i Spent a romantic one niight getaway, arranged by my lovely wife, for my 30th birthday.From the onset we were greeted by the staff who were warm and friendly. Our check in was a breeze facilitated by our GRO.
The rooms we very clean and had a turn down service something which some thing my kind a look forward.
We had lunch at the Pantai grill where Food was gd and the staff were very courteous and made our lunch experience lunch as pleasant as can be. A friendly chat with the staff abt what is food was gd made it easier to choose our meals,

The spa were unfortunately kinda booked , but coming for a one night getaway the staff managed to slot us into their busy and packed schedule. Overall the spa experience was very gd although it was a bit on the pricy side.peice of advise try to book the spa in advance esp if your on a short trip

My wife had already made prior arrangement for a private dinner by the beach, called the fisherman table and it more than lived up to its name, The taste of the food served was both fresh and very appetizing. We had a personal waiter who was able to overseer us and yet gave us privacy for our romantic dinner by the beach. i must reiterate that the food was magnificient.from the appetizer to the dessert our pallate were tantalized by the 5 course meal.

The breakfast spread the next morning was abundance in variety, catering both local and an international spread. Breakfast was made even more memorable when the hotel staff suprised me with a chocolate cake ( not just a small slice but a whole cake!!) this arrangement were made entirely by the hotel management and had nothing to do with my wife. I was truly touched by the extra mile the hotel went into into taking care of their guests.

Downright fromt he start to the end the service and warmness of this place had made my 30th birthday a very perrsonal and memorable one. I surely look forward to spend another getway really soon in this warm and excellent hotel where the experience of the guest is thier top priority.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in a beautiful suite located at the end of the resort, near the beach. We had our own garden and enjoyed the oursoor spa and shower. The beach was lovely with some decent waves for body surfing. The suite was huge, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.

melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

On arrival, the hotel looked ordinary. The checking in process was quite smooth and we were served with nice cold drink while they processed our check-in. When we booked two deluxe rooms but we were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. We also had some surprises in the room.. birthday cake in one and an honeymoon cake in the order. Really nice touch!. The 1 bedroom suite has a separate lounge area from the bedroom. It was very spacious. One drawback was that the bathroom was extremely small and cramped. The wardrobe was also not generous in size. The hotel was a bit run down. Angsana only has 1 pool! Why? It was always crowded. Luckily the beach was awesome with white clean sands and great waves. The food from the 2 restaurants were not great. We had dinner at the Cove at the Banyan Tree (sister resort of Angsana) and the food was also disappointing. The dinner we had the the Kepong Seafood Restaurant (a 15 mins drive from Angsana) was so much better and spicy. This was after all Indonesia! I would like to specially comment the staff, Rudolf, who served us lunch at the Lotus Cafe. He was polite, attentive and nothing was too much trouble for him. Thanks Rudolf, for bringing us some hot chillis. :}}

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

One of the best experiences of my life. But I'll travel to Angsana again only when you include some vegetarian food in your menu. That was the only drawback. Otherwise it becomes impossible to survive for more than a day for vegan people like me and my family.

Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went here for a 3 night break from Singapore. Stuff is extremely friendly, location very beautiful at a very scenic beach. Nice grill at beach rooms are ok, all facing the sea.
What I don't like is that all is priced in US Dollar and you must pay in US ore Singapore Dollar. Prices are very high ! As there is no real town ore village nearby you have no other choice. There are some tourist villages selling this and that , but this is boring- don't go there.
All in all: nice for 3 nights , too expensive. Not sure if I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012
Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here before about 9 years ago, however will never stay again. This is NOT A 5 STAR hotel. Extremely disappointing rooms - very basic, no luxury in them at all. Slippers had been worn before I think. Cracks in shower tiles. Tiny wardrobe. We travel a lot and always like to stay in beautiful hotels - this Angsana is not worth the money. Dining room is almost like a cafeteria. Food not great.

Staff however, we're all pleasant.

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I am currently still here at the Resort and would like to warn all future visitors about the unethical way they handle room "deposits" and the credit card you entrust them with. I have stayed in hotels around the world and I am aware that it is common practice for a hotel to request for your credit card, take an image and charge slip, to hold as a deposit. They normally void it upon check-out if there are no charges but they ALWAYS request your permission to do any charge/transaction to your card me they always only do a single verification transaction on the card upon check-in.

Angsana Bintan Resort & Spa apparently practices a different policy. As usual, when I checked in yesterday, my credit card was requested as a security deposit. I was shown the charge slip which I did not sign. I was also notified later by my bank via sms that a charge was made to my card..which was strange since it was not technically a charge, but since I saw the knew about the deposit, I didnt think anything was amiss.

On my 2nd day, ie this morning, I received another SMS from my bank informing me of another charge by Angsana Bintan to my credit card. As I had already "paid" the deposit, I called the front desk about the 2nd charge. They said that it was their policy that they AUTOMATICALLY do another "charge" to the card if my room charges had exceeded the initial "charge". However, my argument is simple. Regardless of the reason, the card owners' permission must always be sought before making any transaction on the card. Second, since it is merely a deposit, there is no valid reason for them to have to "top up" any charges to the card based on my actual expenses. By pure definition a deposit is left on goodwill and doesnt need to reflect actual expenses.

It can technically be considered credit card fraud as the second transaction was done without my consent.

I have complained to the manager on duty and also requested them to void the 2nd "charge". I have also had to get them to call my bank to verify that there were no charges to my card. Thankfully and hopefully, there were no actual charges to my card and I will only settle the amount when I check-out, and void the deposit (which is the practice I am used to). For an established chain which also runs the Banyan Tree to practice such unethical behavior using the credit cards entrusted to them is unacceptable. If it is a policy, then please inform your customers beforehand. But to do so behind your customers' backs and then call it your hotel policy, is tantamount to criminal behavior!

Stayed December 2012

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!