“Beautyful Beach , Standard Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Bintan

Save Saved
You added Angsana Bintan to your Saves list
Angsana Bintan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang | Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Announcement
Ultimate Beach Chill Out
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
Berlin
“Beautyful Beach , Standard Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went here for a 3 night break from Singapore. Stuff is extremely friendly, location very beautiful at a very scenic beach. Nice grill at beach rooms are ok, all facing the sea.
What I don't like is that all is priced in US Dollar and you must pay in US ore Singapore Dollar. Prices are very high ! As there is no real town ore village nearby you have no other choice. There are some tourist villages selling this and that , but this is boring- don't go there.
All in all: nice for 3 nights , too expensive. Not sure if I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here before about 9 years ago, however will never stay again. This is NOT A 5 STAR hotel. Extremely disappointing rooms - very basic, no luxury in them at all. Slippers had been worn before I think. Cracks in shower tiles. Tiny wardrobe. We travel a lot and always like to stay in beautiful hotels - this Angsana is not worth the money. Dining room is almost like a cafeteria. Food not great.

Staff however, we're all pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I am currently still here at the Resort and would like to warn all future visitors about the unethical way they handle room "deposits" and the credit card you entrust them with. I have stayed in hotels around the world and I am aware that it is common practice for a hotel to request for your credit card, take an image and charge slip, to hold as a deposit. They normally void it upon check-out if there are no charges but they ALWAYS request your permission to do any charge/transaction to your card me they always only do a single verification transaction on the card upon check-in.

Angsana Bintan Resort & Spa apparently practices a different policy. As usual, when I checked in yesterday, my credit card was requested as a security deposit. I was shown the charge slip which I did not sign. I was also notified later by my bank via sms that a charge was made to my card..which was strange since it was not technically a charge, but since I saw the knew about the deposit, I didnt think anything was amiss.

On my 2nd day, ie this morning, I received another SMS from my bank informing me of another charge by Angsana Bintan to my credit card. As I had already "paid" the deposit, I called the front desk about the 2nd charge. They said that it was their policy that they AUTOMATICALLY do another "charge" to the card if my room charges had exceeded the initial "charge". However, my argument is simple. Regardless of the reason, the card owners' permission must always be sought before making any transaction on the card. Second, since it is merely a deposit, there is no valid reason for them to have to "top up" any charges to the card based on my actual expenses. By pure definition a deposit is left on goodwill and doesnt need to reflect actual expenses.

It can technically be considered credit card fraud as the second transaction was done without my consent.

I have complained to the manager on duty and also requested them to void the 2nd "charge". I have also had to get them to call my bank to verify that there were no charges to my card. Thankfully and hopefully, there were no actual charges to my card and I will only settle the amount when I check-out, and void the deposit (which is the practice I am used to). For an established chain which also runs the Banyan Tree to practice such unethical behavior using the credit cards entrusted to them is unacceptable. If it is a policy, then please inform your customers beforehand. But to do so behind your customers' backs and then call it your hotel policy, is tantamount to criminal behavior!

Stayed December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed in Angsana Bintan for 2 nights in end Nov and was quite disappointed with the Food & Beverage service. What's even more dissapointing is that there was NO ackowledgment or apology even after stating it in their electronic survey.

The least, I hope, the management takes the reviews seriously and conduct necessary coaching for the Associates concerned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Izix

Thank you very much for your comments posted on Trip advisor during your recent stay at Angsana Bintan. It is with much regret I hear about the unfortunate circumstances you experienced which you highlighted at the Electronic survey.

I do apologize for the shortfall of service with regards to the dining experience at the restaurants. Please rest assured that I have shared this with the Director F&B and have come up with an action plan to improve the level of service. It is our objective to meet the expectations of our customers and I am sorry that in this particular case we have failed. We take every review in whatever form received extremely seriously.

We wish we would have the chance to provide you an overall much more pleasant and memorable experience and do truly hope you may give Angsana BIntan yet another chance in the future.
We would certainly be delighted to welcoming you back and be of service to you again.

Once again I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback as it is only through the opinions and inputs of our customers that we can properly access and improve our performance. We very much hope that you will return again to our hotel and I would be delighted to take care of any requirements you may have on future visits to Angsana Bintan.

Sincerely your,

Ilias Vamvakas
Hotel Manager
Angsana Bintan
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were staying in a sea view one bedroom suite and the view was breathtaking. Upon arrival we were given a very warm welcome and we had a smooth and fast check in. Travelling with a small kid of 3 year old, the hotel kids club ensured that my daughter was kept busy and taken care of while we the parents got our time together roaming around and enjoying the spa.Overall I must comment on the excellent service of the staff who were always there to cater to our needs with a smile on their face and friendly nature. The lotus cafe has a wide variety of choices to pick from, however if you are a vegetarian then you might need to get your meal customized to your needs, which the resort staff are happy to do. The rooms are spacious and clean with decent decor and amenities. The beach is very nice, clean and private and the best thing about it was that we could just cross over the garden area and reach the beach in 2 mins. On the whole we had a very good experience at Angsana Bintan and would definitely recommend people to try out this place. However during this time of the year, it monsoons but we were fortunate to get two days without rain, but our 3 day was spoiled because of rain. Its recommended to visit Bintan during May-June. On the whole it was a relaxing and nice vacation at Angsana, and could be even better if the resort adds some more activities for the kids and some water sports which was missing although we were particularly not interested in water sports for this holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to get unobstructed view of the sea.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Room was superb, had private garden and Jacuzzi and was facing the beach (literally 50 m walk). Kids had a great time body boarding on the beech and there are also off road buggies for even more fun. Hotel manager took the time to make sure we'd had a nice stay and staff were all very friendly. We had dinner at the Banyan Tree which is a 5 min car ride away in the Saffron and Treetops. Both were good quality although the wine is a little pricey. All in all a fantastic holiday and would do it again.

Room Tip: Angsana Suites are excellent
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

An honest review of my 3D2N stay between 18-20 Dec 2012 in Angsana Resort. I travelled as a couple.

1. Pre Trip

Firstly, I'd like to give compliments to Mr Rizky for his prompt and detailed email response to my reservation for Destination Dining (Dinner on Rocks) which was sent a week before my actual trip. From Enquiry -> Reservation -> Confirmation, everything was done within 48 hours.

2. 1st Day of Trip

From transfer from Bintan Ferry Terminal to Angsana Resort / Hotel Check-in, the entire process was fast & efficient. The reception staff who handled my check-in showed me a resort map and even go into detail the facilities they have in the resort. Thumbs up!

2.1 Dinner @ Rocks

The dinner is weather dependent as it is al fresco dining. It was a rainy day, the reception staff suggested that I change to Saffron Restaurant as it was monsoon season and by looks, it's most likely to rain the entire day. I requested to wait a few more hours, and the Reception Staff was very accommodating. She & Staff from Saffron Restaurant kept me updated through room calls. Thankfully, the rain stopped two hours prior to dinner!

In the evening, we were transported by buggy to adjoining Banyan Tree Resort for dinner. We were assigned a personal waiter, his name Satrio (Apologies if name spelt wrongly). His service was warm, thoughtful & exceptionally professional throughout the 5-course meal and has a good command of English. The most worrying part throughout my stay was communication as most staff only understood basic English. However, with him, that was never an issue.

3. Second Day (Trip to Tanjung Pinang)

Throughout my stay in Angsana, I've never once experience a bad driver. I was told through conversation that Banyan Tree has their own driving permit and training & that explains why the drivers are so careful when driving through a hump. They'd literally go 5/KMPH on a manual car. And of course the engine did stall several times but of course not by the same driver.

It's comforting to know that Banyan cares a lot about customer experience & the little details which I myself don't even bother, just for passenger's comfort. Thumbs up!

4. Third Day (Spa)

We had facial @ Angsana Spa. My therapist was Yesi, 6 years of experience. Excellent service, we didn't had to say a word about our discomfort like hot weather, she could tell from our body languages and immediately made adjustments.

Overall, the service we got justifies the price tag.

Regards,
Jayden

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!