First impression of the pool villa was 'wow'... i mean, how many hotels provide his-and-hers toiletries in colour-coded pouches, including wrap covers for the mineral water? Plus the villa came equipped with a pool, jacuzzi and outdoor bath / shower. Maybe my expectations were too high but after a while, the little imperfections set in. Overall, still a nice and relaxing stay, but for the prices being charged, I'd have expected a tad more.
Here's a sum-up of what worked for me and what did not.
- The attention to details was well-appreciated, from the above-mentioned toiletries, to the aromatherapy + incense set, beach + bedroom slippers, and so on.
- Bed was really comfortable with good quality duvet + threads + pillows.
- What's puzzling is the positioning of the TV set, where viewing is partially obstructed by one pillar of the four-poster bed.
- Only one armchair is provided in the bedroom area. What if you just want to lounge in air-conditioned comfort with your partner?
- Wanted to try the outdoor bathtub but put off by the (organic) debris and grotty corners.
POOL + JACUZZI
- These look gorgeous, but jump in, and you see millions of particles and fibres in the pool water, and white flakes (styrofoam & paint?) in the jacuzzi water. Hotel tells us that the jacuzzi water is changed daily. Could it be an issue of inadequate cleaning, or perhaps the jacuzzi cover is disintegrating? Might want to do something about the pool filtration system too.
PANTRY + OPEN AIR AREA
- Pool villa is very spacious (~400 sq ft) compared to the standard villa (~70 sq ft); seating areas well-suited for groups.
- Well-stocked beverage corner with complimentary coffee powder, good selection of teas and mineral water.
- We had some wildlife visitors ranging from fruit bats (watch out for their droppings in the morning!) to gecko and squirrel (which has developed a taste for chilli and lime tortilla chips, it seems). Not an issue for us, but do store your snacks in the bedrooms if you don't wish to share.
- Just wonderful, enough said.
- Lounged around the beach pool for a couple of hours and was happy with the service there - cold bottled water, sticks of fruit, insect repellant and cold towels. Nice shower too, set amongst the rocks.
- Do have your breakfast at the outdoor area of Treetops which is right by the sea.
- As mentioned by several reviews, not quite up to scratch for a premium resort. Decent but not fantastic. Breakfast menu, in particular, needs to be improved. One of the food items - chicken pao - tasted bitter; this is not acceptable for a five-star resort. Saffron is hit-and-miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Orbitz, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands