My husband and I stayed at the Banyan Tree Bintan for the last few nights of our honeymoon. Leading up to the stay I read reviews and began to think we had made a mistake spending such a lavish amount and would be disappointed. From the moment we arrived on the ferry I knew we wouldn't regret it. We were met by a staff member and escorted through customs, helped to collect our bags and driven by private car to the resort. Check in was very quick and simple and our room was absolutely beautiful. The staff member who showed us to our room explained where we could find everything in the room and how to call for the buggy service, find breakfast etc and left us to it. We had the 'Blue Moon' Dinner package that night and the staff made our outdoor area look absolutely stunning with decorations, lanterns and beautiful tableware. Our dinner was absolutely delicious! The rest of the stay was equally wonderful and very relaxing. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Yes, there are gecko's and even the odd bat, but it's all part of the surrounds in the rainforest and the staff are happy to help if your little visitors are making you uncomfortable.
The price is reasonable for the service and setting and all the food was lovely. We stayed at a resort on Sentosa Island prior to arriving at Bintan that was very sub-standard in comparison and charged almost 50% more for room service and mini bar items, so we found the Banyan Tree very reasonable in price for dining.
We would definitely stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.