We travelled from Singapore to Bintan during the kids school break, and stayed for two nights in a sea view villa. The room was very spacious, and the hotel provided an extra bed, which was wide enough to accomodate two children very comfortably. The villa had a small wading pool, which didnt look to be very clean, but they cleaned it up promptly and we realised later that being outside, leaves etc. kept falling in all the time. Be prepared to have some ants/bugs in the room though. You are in a tropical zone. The beach itself is quite nice, though it had a fair amount of seaweed the first day. Food is expensive ! Clearly caters to the well heeled Singapore crowd. All prices are in USD, so carry USD cash to avoid getting hit multiple times on currency exchange rates if paying by credit card. Finally, must make a mention of the staff. They are unfailingly smiling and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands