“Exceeded our expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Bintan

You added Banyan Tree Bintan to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Bintan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155 , Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bintan Island
A TripAdvisor Member
“Exceeded our expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked a weekend stay at the Banyan Tree bintan to celebrate my fiance's birthday and we both agreed that it was one of the most memorable holidays we have been to. The villas were spacious and very comfortably furnished, it wasn't that dated as mentioned on the Internet. Service was beyond our expectations. The housekeeping staff set up the balcony with lovely birthday decorations and even sang a perfectly harmonious birthday song to us. They were attentive and took care of our every need by regularly asking if we required any extra towels, bottled water, ice, etc. This was also one of the VERY FEW places that bothers to make up my room, decorated the bed with nice towel designs and even changed the incense and essential oil on the check out day. Food quality at the resort was also good. We opted for the in villa BBQ experience and had fun playing chef for the night. The spread was huge and possibly enough to feed 4 people! We also dined in the Indonesian restaurant Treetops. I have to agree that it was expensive local cuisine but then again, the quality totally made up for it. It didn't bother me that it was US15 or 16 for a Nasi Goreng because it was very delicious. I also enjoyed the gallery where there were good discounts given for the spa products. Overall, we were impressed. Well done Banyan Tree, we will be back. PS: a note though, that the jacuzzi should preferably be heated, that would have made it perfect.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Armonk, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful week at BT Bintan with our family (3 boys-- ages 11 through 19). The villa was beautiful and the staff and service was excellent. Each staff member went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and cared for. We enjoyed the activities offered on site such as water skiing and ATV'g as well as the pool, and beach. The spa was beautiful and serene and the treatments were excellent. It was a perfect mix of activity and relaxation. A truly a wonderful holiday!

Tips...the ferry ride from Singapore is easy but it makes sense to book Emerald Class for ease of travel. Visas, if necessary, were easily obtained on board but check the day count--we were short one day which made for a tense moment upon departure.

Insect repellant was necessary in August (maybe at all times) but if used, there is no insect problem.

Other...We had read previous reviews about a spartan breakfast offering but this has apparently been addressed by the resort because the brekfast buffet was a highlight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice staff, pleasant looking lobby but goodness me, what shabby accommodation.
I don't know who decorated the villas, or the The Cove restaurant with it's blue plastic beads ...

The Cove serves the cheapest cuts of veal and old tuna carpaccio. The pasta was ok. We will be going home early today as at least there are no flies on our food at home.
By the way, they charge the same prices as a nice hotel in Singapore to eat some old meat with the texture of chewing gum.
The beach is lovely, and the dining on the rocks looks good but who knows what "fine dining" they would serve up or if it's as bad as the rest of the resort...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Banyan Tree Bintan, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Remarkable_travels

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor.

First of all please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to deliver you the experience as you would expect from Banyan Tree Bintan.

It concerns us greatly to read your comments in regards to your experience at our resort recently and I sincerely regret that we have failed to meet your expectations. It is our objective to meet and actually exceed the expectations of our customers and I am sorry that in this particular case we have certainly fell short on many counts.

Please note that all Villas at Banyan Tree Bintan were renovated this year. I am sorry to read that the villas were not up to your expectation. All food products served in all outlets are sourced from local and international suppliers with the highest quality standards. Your comment of the quality of veal cut and tuna Carpaccio at our Cove Restaurant has been shared with the department heads concerned.

I deeply appreciate your positive comment about our associates and the lobby layout.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to our beautiful resort in the future.

Best Regards,

Ilias Vamvakas
Hotel Manager
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just spend 8 marvellous days in Banayan Tree Bintan.

Service is top quality, from reception to house kipping not forgetting guys at the pools and restaurants. The bedroom offers an outstanding view (seascape). You can enjoy the Jacuzzi on the terrace and take your meals (we had even BBQ lobster served for dinner).
The beach is almost a private one as it is absolutely not crowed (until people read my review ;)

So I strongly recommend this hotel especially for a honey moon kinda trip ;)

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Banyan Tree Bintan for 3 nights in July with my wife as a surprise birthday present for her.
I cannot recommend Banyan Tree strongly enough! The villa and views of the South China sea and surrounding forest were breath-taking. The service and care shown by Anas and Ilias were top-notch. Everything - from the meet and greet at the ferry terminal, the champagne on arrival at the villa, the care and thought put into arranging a surprise romantic meal in the villa on my wife's birthday, the kindness of the staff at the resort, and the impressive food - were first class.
I would like to express my gratitude to Anas and Ilias for taking such good care of me and my wife during our stay. We had an amazing time and you looked after us so well. If we could we would adopt you both!
Please note that Banyan Tree Bintan is in a tropical climate and mosquitos are present, however a few bites did not in any way detract from the experience. Bites will go but the memories will live on!
To those who are looking at TripAdvisor and weighing up whether to go to Banyan Tree Bintan, I would say please book and go. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Such an amazing place to stay, my husband and I went there as part of our honeymoon. The staff were so welcoming and friendly making sure we were always comfortable and happy without being too intrusive! We used all facilities, spa, restaurants, in villa dining and it was all amazing!!!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my hubby book the spa villa for a nite stay to make use of the 2 day holiday. I ever thought of cancelling, as I felt it is pretty ex for the stay. Lucky we did not. The whole place a divine place for relaxation. I love the peace and quiet surrounding in the nite. Love the steam room, the nicely renovated pool with the jacuzzi and the place was very clean. The staff took the effort to decorate the bed into so romantic with candles surrounding. The in villa BBQ dinning although was nice but I am not use to the spices use. Taste more to Indonesia style instead of western. The massage was really great. I wish to thank Yenny and Suri (banyan bintan)for their services in their effort for helping me in all ways. And thanks to Wahida (Singapore office) for helping with my reservation. But I hope the communication is properly made in future as I found out they only know my stay 1 day before I reach although i book in june and the last min housekeeping is not really well accepted by me. I definitely coming back again in another few months time. Hope to see better improvement.

• Stayed August 2013
Swiss-Belhotel Lagoi Bay
#7 of 29 in Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 stars 68 reviews
Bintan Lagoon Resort

Been to Banyan Tree Bintan? Share your experiences!