“Absolutely Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Bintan

You added Banyan Tree Bintan to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Bintan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Teluk Berembang Laguna Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29155 , Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Absolutely Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Bintan offers a quick getaway for people living in Singapore. Its quite near, accessible by ferry and great for 3/4 nights vacation.

We stayed in Banyan tree for 3 days and 2 nights and it was one of the best holidays ever. Banyan tree villas are absolutely amazing and the service spoils you like anything. The food, villa, spa and customer service is unparalleled. Banyan tree bintan has become my benchmark when I visit other resorts in Asia and I am yet to come across any that is better than Banyan tree bintan.

Will I recommend this ? Absolutely yes, its probably the best resort in Bintan. Go for it and you will love it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Husband and I just recently returned from our honeymoon on Bintan Island and wow what an experience.

After reading a lot of the reviews before I left for Bintan I actually tried to cancel my booking here as I wasn't sure what we were going to get, but boy am I glad that we didn't!!!

Firstly the staff at the Banyan Tree are WONDERFUL, they are happy to help you out in any way possible and are so friendly and welcoming.

We didn't have any trouble with the buggy service, obviously they aren't going to be at your door at the click of a finger as they have other jobs to be doing as well not just your own, but we never had to wait longest then just over 5 or so minutes.

The grounds of the resort were beautifully kept without spoiling the atmosphere of the natural vibe that you get around the resort.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom Villa (402) which was LOVELY, everything was kept spotless at all times which was great.
What I will say about the resort is that it is in the bush, so obviously yes you are going to get some wee creatures popping in to say hello, we had a couple of bats outside, geckos and chipmunks. None of these caused us any issues at all and just stayed out of our way.
Also yes there are mossies there so you just need to be prepared to put on insect repellent! We put ours on everyday and neither my Husband or I got 1 bite so it wasn't an issue at all.

Breakfast was AMAZING, we were spoilt for choice in regards to what they had to offer. We were never disappointed each morning.

Overall we had a lovely experience at the Banyan Tree and would highly recommend it to everyone! We will definitely be coming back with our family hopefully next year!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I've booked Villa on the Rocks, the Wawa room. They could have put enough scented candles all around as the room has this old musty smell, which was unpleasant everytime we enter the room.
Dinner on the rocks was a huge disappointment!! It was far off from the image provided in the website, whereby the area was surrounded with lights. Instead, they only put one small lamp on the table, and one on the land. It was damn too dark, that the ambience became very gloomy and creepy. At USD300++ I feel very wasted and cheated with my money.

• Stayed August 2013
BTGroup, Hotel Manager at Banyan Tree Bintan, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear bLush44

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your last visit at Banyan Tree on Trip Advisor.

First of all we sincerely apologize for not being able to deliver you the experience as you would expect from Banyan Tree Bintan.

We highly value your valuable feedback with regards to the unpleasant smell in villa 122 as well as the poor lighting presentation provided at the Dinner On The Rock.
It is our objective to meet and actually exceed the expectations of our customers and I am sorry that in this particular case we have certainly fell short.

Please rest assured that I have shared these points with the managers concerned and we have come up with an action plan to improve the levels of services to avoid similar issues of happen again in the future.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to our beautiful resort in the future.

Ilias Vamvakas
Hotel Manager
Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

i stay at this hotel at 29 july 2013 at room number 212...when i'm come to this hotel i'm so happy because they reception already know that i'm coming...they already call with my name with so polite and give all the impormation that i need without i need to asking first ..LUFTI IS the reception already prepare everything so i dont need so much time to hadle check in...and he already prepare a map for me and all information that i need.. and he are so patiens with my friend even my friend is already rude to him....and in the night i go to treetop restaurant and so nice the waiters is so frendly and help me so much...i try other something that doesn't exist in the menu and he want to try ask to the chef to make it for me...well that is the best pumkin sup that i ever eat in all hotel...( thanks fajri the waiters you make me satisfied).. when in morning you will find Siska...the waiters from treetop she also so nice help me when i need madicine...she work so quick...and so gromming...she teaching me how to use make up...nice person...the beach are so clean and beautifull...plus all staf at swimming pool are so healpfull..\ room are so romantic and clean..they will give you something smell good at your room to make you relax...

well i like to traveling a lot...but sometimes even the hotel are good place and facility but people who working at that place is not so patiens and not so freindly and helpfull...but in this place you can find luxury..comportable and feel like home because all people here are so nice and helpfull..... i will back to this hotel.. not only because they have nice room and nice view...
but i will back because people in this place ,,,make me feel like i have a family in this beautifull place...

Room Tip: try my room 212...you will like with the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my second trip to Banyan tree on Bintan Island in Indonesia . The moment you arrive at the ferry terminal you are greeted by the incredibly warm and friendly staff and transported to the resort in luxury . This friendliness and warmth continues throughout the entire resort of everyone working there . There are two beautiful pools and various restaurants to eat at with a wide and varied menu selection to choose from . Also there are a lot of other activities to do such as Jet Skiing, Quad biking and Elephant Safaris to mention a few and of course walks along the beach. In summary if you want a high quality resort with incredible staff and a beautiful location and views form each villa then simply book a holiday here .

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet place to relax, this is the place. The SPA treatment was excellent. We booked an 2-hour message session at evening time, and were escorted to a private SPA villa for the treatment which was truly wonderful.

There was no one at the swimming pool by the beach, so we enjoyed the swimming pool all by ourselves, which was great. The swimming pool is right in front of the beach, so you can enjoy the seaside view from the swimming pool, or just go to the beach for a quick swim.

Buggy service usually arrived within 5 minutes, house keeping and turn-down services were in general excellent.

The restaurants were good. At the Thai restaurant, you can try 4 different types of rice, which goes very well with any curry, and the Cove was also great. I recommend any Shrimp dishes as I really enjoyed most of the seafood dishes there. Breakfast was just O.K.

I would say the downside of this place is that, yes, the room is a bit dated for its price.
Also, if you are not fond of the wild life, it can be problematic. There are bats, bugs, squirrels you can easily spot in the resort.

Overall, if you want to go somewhere where you can just lie down for a peaceful rest in the nature with good service, this is the place. If you are looking for a modern comfort with lots of activities and fun, you may want to look for somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just spent 1 week at Banyan Tree Bintan and it was even better than I expected! We had an ' On the Rocks Villa' which was superb. Entire resort was extremely clean, staff were exceptionally helpful and courteous. This is known as one of the best resorts on the island so we expected the price of food and drinks to be on the high side and this was the case. But as long as you know this in advance - would Highly recommend the Banyan Tree resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Been to Banyan Tree Bintan? Share your experiences!