Banyan Tree Bintan is very conveniently located just 45 mins ferry away from Singapore. Having always to travel, a short ferry ride is a welcome change.
We stayed at a 2-bedroom villa with 2 couples, one of which has a baby, and a single friend, The villa and the 2-rooms are quite sizable to accommodate our group.
Except for the little incident of a in-room flooding and falling straw flakes in both rooms during our first night of stay after a strong tropical storm, we all quite enjoy what the villa and the resort has to offer. We especially enjoy the scenery from the villa and the infinity pool that looks out to the ocean.
In terms of services, given this is a 5-star resort, in a few occasions, the services were not gotten right on first try. However, all the staff are quite good at rectifying the issues after some communications. We are especially impressed with the attentiveness of the guest service rep and the food service manager. They, along with the housekeeping crew, have made our stay that much more enjoyable.
Having said the above, given the price range for the villa, it would be a good idea if the villa to undergo a bit of update so that the rooms at least will withstand the strong wind and rain during tropical storms that could be a regular occurrence given the resort location.
Overall we enjoy our short-term R n R retreat and would recommend this resort to our friends and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands