We stayed at Banyan Tree, Bintan for two nights in a pool villa. A 45 minutes ferry ride from Singapore brought us to Bintan. Its visa on arrival and it took about 30 minutes to leave the ferry terminal. The island of Bintan is till 90% forest. The property is serene, clean and is located right on a wooded slope of the shore line. Almost all the villas have a good view of the calm South China sea. One Indonesian & Thai restaurant and one restaurant with some international & mixed cuisine took care of our appetites. Breakfast spread was good. Personally, I would wish for a little bit more choice in food selection. The rooms, walkways, gardens were very well maintained. All the staff were very polite and cheerful. The buggy staff are well informed and courteous. The pool near the beach was clean. The beach is also well maintained. The tide is calm and there is not much wave action. The beach is shallow and you can wade a good 50 to 60 meters with your feet still on the sand. Small rock outcrops provide some idling & slippery space & small colourful fish can be seen nibbling away the moss on the outcrops. The water is quite clear to a depth of about 3 feet. Angsana resort & spa is adjoining property and has a on beach restaurant. Being sister concerns, guests can access restaurants and other public places of both resorts. There is an sports outlet on the beach which rents out atv's, jetski's, snorkeling eqpt, surf boards etc. The people at the outlet are friendly and helpful and took good care regarding safety. Overall, the place is very very beautiful, calm, relaxing and enjoyable. Good place to unwind, rest, and catch up on some family time & reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands