My recent two day stay at the Banyan Tree in Bintan rates as the biggest misrepresentation ever. Do NOT bother to go - the hotel is just so in need of a full renovation its scary . Firstly its really really filthy - the levels of basic cleanliness are just not being adhered to. A cockroach jumping out of my food in the restaurant (yes!) was the final straw. There is no sign of any kind of overall management, just a collection of staff looking at each other - hoping guests won't notice the overgrown gardens, bags of rubbish and ongoing maintenance works. It is extremely expensive all priced in US dollars ie two small bottles of Perrier and a cup of black coffee was 24 dollars.......
It's a 2 star at best charging 6 star prices and pretending to be a five star resort - STAY AWAY ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands