The resort is lovely and our villa had an excellent view. Service is friendly, usually prompt and pleasant throughout. Bathroom amenities are not exactly luxurious for the exorbitant room price they charged (we went direct and did not use any travel agency). Likewise, they even charged for a call to their sister hotel when I rang the reception to make a dinner booking! The reception staff had problem communicating in English and when we rang to ask them to remove a long worm in our room, they did not understand us.
I do not like the idea of being billed USD2 per night for THEIR CSR programme which I PERSONALLY do not care about. Upon check out they did not even bother to explain and just slapped the amount in my bill.
Tree Top restaurant is even more overpriced and quality of food does not match the price charged. One of the staff actually did not even know how to direct us to an appropriate seat but suggested putting us right at the entrance corner, when there had been so many nicer seats available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands