“Hotel Comfort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang

You added Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang
Jl. Adi Sucipto No. 10 P.O Box 11 | Tanjung Pinang, Bintan Island, Riau Islands Province 29125, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Hotel Comfort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stay Hotel Comfort on 19 jun. Hotel was rundown and room dusty. There is some ants running on the table and Cockroach on the room. It is away from the City where I did some shopping.
There is a free shuttle bus to the city at 12.30pm and fetch you back at 2pm.
Breakfast not much variety.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

It was horrible. The lobby looked fine (don't be decieved by the looks of the lobby). The rooms were horrible!!! It was NOT well kept and run down. Now let's run through the items.

1. The toilet
The toilet paper dispenser was so far away from the toilet bowl! There were cobwebs near the mirrors - which also meant that no proper house keeping was done. The bath tubs had sawdust from the ceiling! Yucks and totally disgusting.

2. The room
The guest chair was broken. The seat was coming apart and we couldn't even sit on it. The cupboards couldn't even be opened and had a foul smell!

3. The bed
The bed was creaky and not comfortable at all. Sheets were DIRTY. Oh my gosh.

4. The staff + hotel overall
The staff couldn't really understand English. They had only partial aircon switched on. t was very warm and humid.

Seriously, I do not know why this hotel even had good reviews. It's time for a MAJOR OVERHAUL.

Room Tip: Please, don't even stay if you don't wanna ruin your trip.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We had stayed for 2 nights during the long weekend. Something that I need to highlight is that the hotel was not within walking distance to the ferry terminal or town area as what we were told by the staff. It took about 20 to 30mins drive.

Upon arriving the hotel, it was quite disappointed as it looks different from the website. We booked Poolview Bungalow. Room was spacious, however, there are many crack lines in the bathtub and basin. Swimming Pool was a great disappointment as it was always dirty with "died" insects like mosquitoes and flies.. which my kids did not really enjoy it.

The hotel provides complimentary shuttle to ferry terminal (town area) only once in the morning and afternoon which the timing is too early in the morning and far apart for the afternoon. In the end, we get the transport ourselves from the roadside during the the 3 days stay.

Breakfast was not fantastic and we did not enjoy at all, especially the kids. Limited food items and all are spicy. My kids only get to eat the bread toast and omelette.

Overall stay was average and relaxing. More rooms of improvement to be done. The management should look into mosquitoes control as it was really terrible! Remember to bring along mosquitoes patch.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

went to stay at comfort hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. made my reservations through email and the staff replied efficiently within 12 hours. upon reaching, the lobby was spacious and eye-catching. i received my welcome drinks as soon as i've got my room key. staffs were friendly, very helpful and even ushered us to our rooms.

i made reservation for garden view bungalow. i initially thought that the hotel will just be any 3 stars hotel but i was wrong. i think personally, i will rate it 4 stars. the bungalow is spacious, decor makes me feel like im just staying at bali. room is very clean and i love the king size bed and their super comfortable huge pillows which i feel in love with. the toilet is nicely done with marble and their bathtub are big enough for me to stretch out my legs (im 1.65m in height)

there's 3 problems which occured to me when i stayed there.
1st, shuttle van to other parts of town were not helping much for first time travellers in bintan like me. the timings were so far apart from each other. once they send you to a certain place in town, they will come back 1 and half hours later to pick you up to the hotel and i had to rush my sightseeing/shopping/meals. for me, since im new to bintan, getting my own transport is quite challenging and had to rely on the shuttle services.

2nd, one morning at 7am plus, i was awaken and startled by loud music for children by which i think they were organizing some activities for the children in the resort. it lasted for 30 mins and i cant continue my sleep after that.

3rd, the lobby has many mosquitos. i hope that the management will do something about it.

overall, i enjoyed my stay and the staffs were quick to help me with their warm smiles. i enjoyed my spa in the comfort of my own room too. room clean up service is nicely done. they put clean nice fresh towels, change the bedsheet and bed cover and the floor is cleaned everyday.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Dear Team Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang,

Thank you for what I can say as the best holiday we have ever had. We stayed from the 27 Nov 2009 till 29 Nov 2009. The staff were fantastic. They were great with both Adult and children, always presentable and extremely polite. The atmosphere was extremely welcoming and continued in the same manner for the duration of our holiday.

The rooms here are very quaint and comfortable. When I was there I felt as if I was in a hotel in a island resort Phuket or Koh Samui. Maybe it's because of all the trees and foliage surrounding the hotel, giving a tranquil feeling throughout the property. TVs with Satelite Channels in the room complete the modern flair. A Big and Clean Swimming Pool come with a within a Pool Bar (which you don't have to get out of the Swimming Pool for a Refreshment). Plus 24/7 security to ensure the safety and security of their Hotel Guest.

One of the biggest perks for me since I'm an Internet junkie is with the free Wi-Fi at the Hotel Lobby and in the coffee shop where you can enjoy a great cup of camomiles tea while surfing the net..

If you want good price, peace and quiet ambience then Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang is the right choice for you. This area is quiet because it's mainly a mix of residential and away from the city hassle.

My family and I are definitely coming back. Truly recommend this Hotel's.

Best wishes,
Hamzah Sameejan
Singapore

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Hotel & Resort Tanjung Pinang? Share your experiences!