We wanted something simple and quiet to relax for a few days, to get away from the hectic buzz of Singapore over Christmas. Our expectations were absolutely fulfilled. We enjoyed our stay very much and definitely will come again.
The Pondoks were a good experience, as well as the delicious food (prepared to order), the already renowned coconut pancakes for breakfast, and the just plucked green coconuts. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We also enjoyed the relaxing massage at the river SPA very much.
As the place is in the middle of nature, bring sufficient insect repellent and make use of the mosquito coils provided. Also bring some TigerBalm (or similar) as magic weapon against the few bites that you still will suffer.
We arrived from Tanjung Pinang (which definitely is worth a visit) by taxi (200K IDR, approx 25S$, organized through the hotel where we stayed) and returned to Singapore from the BBT terminal in the resort zone (transport organized by the Guesthouse's staff).
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Hotel Bintan
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Hotel
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Bintan Island, Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional village style guest house located on 8 hectares of coconut plantation with private beach facing the South China Sea... Great home cooked food... Aroma River Spa treatments in a soothing natural mangrove environment... Rediscover the luxury of doing just nothing... Choice of basic Pondok Standard pavilions or more private Pondok Plus pavilions for 2 guests and the Spa villa suite for up to 4 guests... Now connected to the electricity grid... This is the real Bintan experience, off the beaten track! ... more less