“Overnight stay to 3 days stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Bay Amir

Save Saved
You added Harbour Bay Amir to your Saves list
Harbour Bay Amir
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Duyung - Sei Jodoh | Batu Ampar, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Overnight stay to 3 days stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed overnight for the weekend.

Take note, walk in / over phone or internet tends to be slightly expensive even though its a budget hotel and inexpensive for an overnighter. Should you have friends who are regulars you get Rp100,000.00 off the said price of the room you are interested in.

Rooms are generally clean, spacious and big for a standard room.
Shower head tends to be wobbly get decent hot / cold showers and towels to use.

Stayed at the 7 floor and great view of the sea and ships passing by...

24 hours room service with a wide range of menu to choose from.

From the ferry terminal (Harbour Bay) you walk through a link bridge to the new hotel/shopping mall to the hotel. All amenities at your door step.

Bed is big and comfortable with three pillows for a single bed!!

Forgotten that adapter? No worries as they have three pin and two pin points made available in the rooms to charge for electronic devices.

For safe keeping your valuables and passports they provide a security box for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a night.

Things I would like to comment is the lobby is small and constraint.

Musty smell from the run down facilities upon entering the floor level which may be due to poor ventilation of the flooring system and toilet.

Furnitures of the room are old and due for replacement. TV "20" are small for viewing. Water from the toilet are whitey like soda water after running for 10mins. Imagine you have to shower using the water.

Sinking system from the bathtub are poor and the toiletry items provided was of poor quality and incomplete such as no hairdryer etc. Towels was dirty as you can seen black stain using your physical eye.

No safe box and mini fridge in the standard room. No free wifi in the room. Wifi only available at the lobby. Difficult to login if there are many users. Therefore, you can imagine......

The only good of this hotel is they provide free breakfast and is opposite of one shopping mall and several entertainment pubs.

If you are a cheongster and looking for budget hotel. This may be suitable for you.

However, if you wanna to enjoy the hotel facilities. This hotel may be out for you.

Lastly, just for sharing and cheers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tangerang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I Had stay on this hotel 2 night. My opinion is :
Room (Deluxe Business) not bad, but There's no Hairdyer, Cup for bath tube (so the bath tube cannot be used), refrigator and swimming pool and my room electricity had some trouble with my key ( I cannot light on my room with my key)
For Services : As long as I know they had a fast respon.
For Breakfast and Dinner : Not bad menu.
For Location : Is near from ferry terminal to Singapore. 40 Minutes From Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had stayed here before for 1 night, gd location near to ferry terminal. surrounding area are peaceful out of the busy road. nice breakfast, a lot of variety. overall for this type of hotel worth the money for a simple short getaway. The only thing no swimming pool. Room service respond are fast.

For those who stay here, nearby place for dinner my recommendation:
go to de patros cafe for a nice and lovely dinner
for seafood can go to wey wey seafood

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights,Check in was very slow, the slowest that I ever seen. Room cleaniness very poor, no bath towels had to call them twice to send over, no bathroom mat, room feel so dusty that causes me & husband wheezing badly for the 2 nights & husband couldnt sleep well dust casuing him to have itchy throat & nose wheezing the whole night.
I personally feel that a hotel's spa & massage service is one of the major profit of the hotel as well, while waiting for check in, I happen to walk around to browse around & saw the banner of the spa, there was some pamplets I picked up & tried to read about their packages that they offer but to my surprise it wasn't written in ENGLISH but was in INDONESIA language which I believe most of the guests will not be able to understand, therefore I decide to call them since there was contact number when I have check in to our room, again disappointment, I called there was quite a rude lady who answered the phone when I spoke in ENGLISH, the lady answered me said" Madam, no speak english, can I speak Indonesia language?" I was speechless! I called the reception side seeking for help but the receptionist transfer me back to the same rude lady who could not understand me at all. Lastly I decide to go down the spa reception to book an appointment, it was in the afternoon when I book it for a night time spa session which is at 9pm.

I reached the spa at 8.45pm with no one at the reception expecting me, I saw a malay lady sitting there, she told me she just arrive at about 8pm & the therapist told her to wait for 1 hour before she can be attended, that only therapist went ahead to serve another guest who walk in together with malay lady who was waiting there at the reception. Isnt prior appointment should be attended first in my mind I thought to myself, I walked around looking for someone to attend me to but no avail... I guess this time my limits are really up, I went straight down to the hotel reception & request to see the hotel manager who was on duty, I told him everything about my unhappiness & requested him to follow me to the spa where he can see that there is no one at the reception & the lady who was still patiently waiting there.

He shakes his head upon seeing such scenarios, calls the person in charge & the hassle starts, their therapists complaining that not enough manpower, very tired etc etc in front of us & still wanted to serve me after that with such unhappiness, I decide to cancel my session without further ado, I see no point at all by then

I seriously hope that the hotel management will really do something to improve the quality of the hotel.

In room:

NO haridryer
NO fridge
Cleaniness is the utmost important for your guests comfort stay.

Room service was promised in 30 minutes time but I waited for 1.5 hours they called up after waiting for 1 hour to confirm my food orders!

Staff friendlyness is really good... but the rest...is for you guys to judge...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I have never written a bad review ever but i have to admit, this is by far the worst hotel.
With the price i paid, i can actually get a better one.

-Superior room-
No wifi. Only at lobby
No fridge
No hair dryer.
Hair at bathtub
Check in is slow.

I queued for the check in but no one assist me. I have to flagged my litenary to catch their attention. And they will just ask u this?
"Check in? "
"Yes"
And will ask u to wait and wait while they attend and pass keys to the rest who obviously didnt queued. Man in white, the manager i suppose, is super not friendly!
No system. Dont care if u come first or last.

A let down for me. Will not recommend!
Just choose some other hotels There's a lot of other hotel near harbour bay ferry terminal.

And this! *Carrefour at harbourbay mall is closed so the nearest supermarket is at dc mall or Bcs mall.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

15/12/2012
Stay for a day.good service.the room we had was superior wif king size bed.the room is average.breakfast n room service is ok..worth the money.will come again cos its affordable n worth the money.3star hotel..so why must expect it so high as if its was 5star hotel???

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Harbour Bay Amir? Share your experiences!