“Good return for your money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Bay Amir

Save Saved
You added Harbour Bay Amir to your Saves list
Harbour Bay Amir
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Duyung - Sei Jodoh | Batu Ampar, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #42 of 69 hotels in Batam
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Good return for your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Myself & a friend of mine staied this Hotel on 28th & 29th June 2012. We came via Singapore from ferry to Batam. One good thing in this hotel is without waiting for normal checking time or extra charge as in singapore, they allow us to have our rooms. At that time the time was 10.30a.m.
Habour Bay Mall in opposite the Hotel. where you can buy things. All the shops are not occupide yet.
If anyone has limited money and want to stay comfotabley you can stay in this Hotel. The rooms are furnished well but carpets have some stains. Nothing to complain on Bathroom.(Sorry I couldn't get photos)The hotel some walls need a painting. But they
do regular cleaning. The staff is helpfull & friendly but their english understanding is very poor. But you can't expect 5 star facilities from 3 star hotel. Their breakfast (included in room charge)
is not bad. Buffet breakfast had resonable varietties. All in all it is not a bad Hotel. I am satisfied of the money I spent. Even my friend.

Room Tip: I was staying in 7th floor. The room is good. I could see Novatel Hotel & Pacific Hotel from my...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

It was the 2nd most terrible hotel I have ever stayed in. But it was cheap. I paid less then IDR 350,000.00 for one night. The location is good as it is next to a mall and the ferry terminal but this were the only plus points.
The room was run down with paint peeling off the walls. The shower curtain was once white but now black because of mold. The water runs dark yellow for first few minutes. The aircon was leaking like a little waterfall. Check in was very slow. No water or minibar in the rooms no room service available. Room was overall dirty.
Not recommended. There are better hotels in Batam.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to have a good room. I don't think this hotel has one single good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is located just opposite habour bay mall which was quite convenient for grocery shopping at Carrefour. However, the only downside was that the mall was pretty empty.

The room when I stepped in seemed okay. However once I stepped into the bathroom, I was disappointed and annoyed. The toilet reeked of urine smell & the bath towels were filthy with black spots. Also, hair dryer which was an essential to me was not provided. The tea cups and tray were filthy as well. Reception for tv channels was quite bad as well.

Breakfast. The only good thing was the eggs station where eggs were made on the spot and you can choose how you wanted your eggs made. Other that that, the buffet selection was good enough but could have been better if the food was warm. All the food was cold and the porridge in the pot wasn't left heated hence all sticky and coagulated. As usual, the tea/coffee cups were dirty and stained.

As per front desk, complimentary WIFI is provided only at the lobby lounge. However, the signal was so weak. Alternatively there's a business center at the lobby.

Would I come back to stay at this hotel? Probably not. However I feel that, if the hotel improves on the cleanliness of the hotel.... it may have made it a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel is situated in a short walking distance of the ferry service and that is a plus point,the area is developing so expect construction around you however no noise so you can sleep well. The floor i was on smelt mouldy nd yes looks like there is a damp problem however when in the room all damp smells are gone, so I think the carpets in passages needs replacing. Superior room is of a good size but shower over wasn't a winner for me. Room service was spot on and saw to what ever needs I required in that department. Breakfast is ok very basic.

On the hole the hotel is ok as it was a short stay and it was just a place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

Just try to stay after all my fave hotel in batam ended on no room available. Ask the hotel reception for price they gave me rate on IDR350.000 with no discount. Then I try my agoda mobile, agoda have a wonderful rate on IDR250.000 (for about) so I took the agoda

When I gave my booking code, the reception ask me to make a print on their business room, when the internet down. Huft. After I push them, then they let me stay in

Room given on the 8th floor with a very bad smelly room. Call the reception for change. They said can not change if the guess already came in. They gave a option to refresh with parfume.. ‎​(~˛~) haizzzzz... After complain they gave me another room which still on the same floor. Still the same smelly. So I'm not moving.

The pillow was very very uncomfortable.

The breakfast very standard. And the same menu daily.

Good thing of my room is singapore view. Very bright.

The hotel need a lot of maintenance. Since the wall paint already dirty.

Well u got wat u paid........ Enjoy the great room rate without any exception. Anyway with the same price, when at singapore u got nothing then a very small room or dorm without breakfast

Overall for the price still ok

• Stayed December 2011
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

this hotel has a very budgeted price. stayed for only IDR275.000,- a room a night (after a very hard negotiation with the marketing)

the room is so so. but for the price paid, the room is too much...
breakfast is so so, Again for the price paid, the breakfast is very good...
staff hospitality so so, again and again look for the price paid, they are too nice...

Overall Amir Hotel is above my expectation about a budgeted hotel. their service, room quality, and breakfast are leading compare with the hotel within the same rate. Please consider the price don't compare it with the 4 or 5 star hotel which the rate is far from amir hotel

around amir there's a very beautiful food court (harbor bay) which is one of my favorite place in batam for enjoying the sound of night batam wind.

one the very vital lack point i've experienced with amir is:
the business center... can not print and the staff can not repair the problem..

Room Tip: ask for the top room looking on singapore skyline. Must be a very good view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Got a chance to stay one night in this hotel with my sister. It's just within walking distance from the Habour Bay Ferry Terminal but the route seems a bit deserted, will not be that safe to walk at night.

We arrived early and hoping to try our luck for the early check in. Upon producing our voucher, a male receptionist said that it is not the voucher for this hotel. We go worried but later another female receptionist came over and helped us and managed to find our booking and even allow us to check in early.

As we approached our room at level 6, we see a lot of empty dishes being placed outside the corridor. The room is nice and bright, once thing not good is that you have to keep the tap running for 2 minutes before we can use the water, otherwise the water is yellow. Don't worry about it as there are instructions there to tell you to leave the tap running before use.

It was mentioned that the hotel rooms are all wifi, however, after confirming with the staff, all room has only Lan Cable. But you may access some wifi near the lounge at level one, which is just beside their business centre.

During the evening, we decided to have room service dinner. Ordered a Spicy Chicken Steak for my sister and I ordered their Amir Nasi Goreng. The dishes were served well presented but the taste of my nasi goreng can be better.

The breakfast choices are quite limited but decent. But you can see people smoking in the breakfast area which is indoor.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel and great for people who just want to spend a night and go off. As for me, I think I might not want to stay there again if given the choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harbour Bay Amir? Share your experiences!