“Ok with a touch of dampness” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Bay Amir

Save Saved
You added Harbour Bay Amir to your Saves list
Harbour Bay Amir
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Duyung - Sei Jodoh | Batu Ampar, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #43 of 72 Hotels in Batam
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Ok with a touch of dampness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel is situated in a short walking distance of the ferry service and that is a plus point,the area is developing so expect construction around you however no noise so you can sleep well. The floor i was on smelt mouldy nd yes looks like there is a damp problem however when in the room all damp smells are gone, so I think the carpets in passages needs replacing. Superior room is of a good size but shower over wasn't a winner for me. Room service was spot on and saw to what ever needs I required in that department. Breakfast is ok very basic.

On the hole the hotel is ok as it was a short stay and it was just a place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

Just try to stay after all my fave hotel in batam ended on no room available. Ask the hotel reception for price they gave me rate on IDR350.000 with no discount. Then I try my agoda mobile, agoda have a wonderful rate on IDR250.000 (for about) so I took the agoda

When I gave my booking code, the reception ask me to make a print on their business room, when the internet down. Huft. After I push them, then they let me stay in

Room given on the 8th floor with a very bad smelly room. Call the reception for change. They said can not change if the guess already came in. They gave a option to refresh with parfume.. ‎​(~˛~) haizzzzz... After complain they gave me another room which still on the same floor. Still the same smelly. So I'm not moving.

The pillow was very very uncomfortable.

The breakfast very standard. And the same menu daily.

Good thing of my room is singapore view. Very bright.

The hotel need a lot of maintenance. Since the wall paint already dirty.

Well u got wat u paid........ Enjoy the great room rate without any exception. Anyway with the same price, when at singapore u got nothing then a very small room or dorm without breakfast

Overall for the price still ok

• Stayed December 2011
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

this hotel has a very budgeted price. stayed for only IDR275.000,- a room a night (after a very hard negotiation with the marketing)

the room is so so. but for the price paid, the room is too much...
breakfast is so so, Again for the price paid, the breakfast is very good...
staff hospitality so so, again and again look for the price paid, they are too nice...

Overall Amir Hotel is above my expectation about a budgeted hotel. their service, room quality, and breakfast are leading compare with the hotel within the same rate. Please consider the price don't compare it with the 4 or 5 star hotel which the rate is far from amir hotel

around amir there's a very beautiful food court (harbor bay) which is one of my favorite place in batam for enjoying the sound of night batam wind.

one the very vital lack point i've experienced with amir is:
the business center... can not print and the staff can not repair the problem..

Room Tip: ask for the top room looking on singapore skyline. Must be a very good view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Got a chance to stay one night in this hotel with my sister. It's just within walking distance from the Habour Bay Ferry Terminal but the route seems a bit deserted, will not be that safe to walk at night.

We arrived early and hoping to try our luck for the early check in. Upon producing our voucher, a male receptionist said that it is not the voucher for this hotel. We go worried but later another female receptionist came over and helped us and managed to find our booking and even allow us to check in early.

As we approached our room at level 6, we see a lot of empty dishes being placed outside the corridor. The room is nice and bright, once thing not good is that you have to keep the tap running for 2 minutes before we can use the water, otherwise the water is yellow. Don't worry about it as there are instructions there to tell you to leave the tap running before use.

It was mentioned that the hotel rooms are all wifi, however, after confirming with the staff, all room has only Lan Cable. But you may access some wifi near the lounge at level one, which is just beside their business centre.

During the evening, we decided to have room service dinner. Ordered a Spicy Chicken Steak for my sister and I ordered their Amir Nasi Goreng. The dishes were served well presented but the taste of my nasi goreng can be better.

The breakfast choices are quite limited but decent. But you can see people smoking in the breakfast area which is indoor.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel and great for people who just want to spend a night and go off. As for me, I think I might not want to stay there again if given the choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I went for a trip to Batam for an overnight stay. This was our first trip to the Island and we are expecting to have a great time. When we arrived in front of the hotel the exterior was nice so we were expecting to see the same thing inside, but after checking in, they placed us on the 8th FLR which was the smoking floor, the smell as bad enough but the room was worse. It was dirty, the paint on the walls is chipping and the carpet has stains. There was no double lock on the room. It’s like no one has used it for some time. We asked to be transferred to another floor, the next room we stayed in is still terrible but better than the first one. The carpet still has stains, and we killed a few small cockroaches. The hall way is littered with dirty dishes from the other rooms which took some time for housekeeping to clean-up. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went on a Saturday. Checked in at around 1pm Batam time. Check-in was a breeze, guess if you want to check in, you should avoid the 12pm check-out time to save yourself the trouble of the human traffic.

First impresssion - The hotel looks clean. Lobby could sit around 8-10 people. I guess you see people smoking everywhere in Batam, if people can smoke in restaurants/cafes, smokers in hotel lobby is not really a big deal. We got our key, wasn't a card key, just the conventional. No fuss, we were here for a night and didn't bring much valuables anyway. The room does look tired, and was a little dimly lit. We did not spend much time in the room so we did not bother too much. The wall paint were starting to give way, some parts didn't look that good. There was no safe / fridge / hairdryer. The water from the tap was slightly yellow initially, but as advised by the hotel (they put up notices near the tap) to let the water run for at least 2 mins before it clears. Though i really didnt like that, the water did clear up and we survived!

There's a big Carrefour opposite. If you need some snacks, you may always walk across to get it from the shopping centre. Location of this hotel is actually very good. Its 5-7 minutes walking distance from the ferry terminal so remember, don't take a taxi to Amir! They say harbour ferry terminal has the best sunset view in the whole of Batam. So you might want to come for your dinner. They have plenty of cafes and seafood restaurants. We spent about S$30 for a soup, beef, chicken with alcohol. Would i come back here? Hm, maybe not. But am sure some people might be able to accept the place better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The pillows and bedsheets are yellowish with patches of dried liquid marks on the pillows. The carpet floor has patches of stain on it too. There is no wifi or LAN in the room. Breakfast was horrible with a few choices. There are people smoking at the breakfast area which is typical in Indonesia. Ordered chicken wing from the hotel and found a piece of newspaper sticking onto the fried chicken wing. Didn't make a complain though because it is still a 3-star hotel after all. The staff was friendly and well-dressed. The bathroom is clean and comes with a bathtub. The scenery was pretty good overlooking the sea at the side. It is cheap at SGD70 published rate. Definitely not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Harbour Bay Amir? Share your experiences!