“Small gym” 2 of 5 stars

Jalan Raja Haji | Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“Small gym”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Other than the gym, everything was okay
I love the lobby and the restaurant, the front desk were very helpful, I went to their sky lounge and it was so beautiful, me and my friend observed the view in batam from there and we got their bad air and bad view, next time I will come back and definitely I will recomment this hotel to my relatives and my friends

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

booked hotel through asiatravel.com as recommended by tripadvisor. very last min for a public holiday, but most other hotels were already fully booked & unable to provide instant confirmation. thus decided to give Planet Holiday a try. We paid bout S$205/night for 2 rooms (immed payment with asiatravel).

Tax & Service Charge IDR 340,476.19
Grand Total IDR 1,650,000.00

Payment Summary:
Payment By PromoCode IDR 23702.92
Payment By Credit Card IDR 1626297.08

Land transfer from Harbour Bay terminal to Planet Holiday comes at a cost of 75,000 IDR. Hotel recommended minivan for 6pax at 120,000 IDR.

First advice. PREPARE RUPIAH. was quoted 325,000 IDR/S$45 for additional bed. do your maths. I got 7,900-8,000 IDR at S$1, which should be around S$41.50 after conversion. The hotel's exchange rate is kinda bad (which is not a surprise), so just avoid paying in SGD over at Planet Holiday.

Have requested for linked rooms, but only given side-by-side. Judging from both our rooms, I don't think the rooms are linked at all. Good thing was that it is located at #12. We thankfully evaded the karaoke & disco lounges with disturbing noise levels as pre-empted by many (thanks).

Had to pay S$100 deposit for each room (Prob becaause it's trip-sharing). Can also put in rupiah but I forgot the exact amount already. They forgot to give me the receipts for the S$200 deposit. Was told that we only had to sign. Okay I was kinda dumb to have neglected that also.

Paid for triple sharing but no extra towels/slippers or whatnots. Only extra bed + pillow. + blanket. So we had to request for them. Only requested for slippers & towels though. Because the carpet is kinda ...yucks... and wherever that isn't carpeted is marble. or quartz. or whatever material that's freezing cold to the touch. that includes the whole toilet floor.

The toilet design wasn't consistent in both rooms. One had a bathtub and a standing shower, where the other only had a bathtub. Didn't really inspect the other room and this was the only inconsistency I noticed.

Something about the air-con was kinda off for my room. We set it to 25deg as one of us was running a temperature but the room remains freezing cold (even for us who are not sick). Maybe got wuuwuu visitors (okay, joking) since we visited during the first few days of Chinese 7th month.

The room comes with a nice balcony and pleasant view. Could see the pool from the balcony and we used that to gauge whether the pool has opened in the morning. After checking, it opens from 6am - 10pm (I THINK. can't remember because the +-1hr was confusing me). You have to "register" each person to enter the pool area. They will also hand you locker keys if you need. And lockers are found inside gents/ladies. We were handed towels upon request. 3 of us. But only 2 towels. Bleurgh. Probably because the lady at the counter saw that I brought my own from the hotel room? Well, whatever. Do note that you aren't allowed to leave your towel in the hotel room. You are supposed to return it to the pool counter. But you can return it after going back to your room to bathe. Just remember to return the towels! We speculated that the hotel and the facilities are probably operating under different organizations.

Made a mistake to let my sick friend sleep in while some of us went swimming early in the morning. Because that made us late for breakfast. And like many other reviews mentioned (in a nutshell), THE BREAKFAST ALMOST SUCKS. I mean, hello, you REALLY have to either work on 1) Improve your breakfast setting (larger "restaurant", maybe?) OR 2) Hire somebody who can at least SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND English. -_-

It was a horrendous experience at breakfast. Breakfast ends at 10am. We met at the restaurant at 9am. It was full and the staff told us to "wait inside" (it's like free-seating, u wait around at kopitiam for seats. except that it is not a kopitiam. and it is buffet breakfast.) And gave away a table for 6 near the entrance to some 4-ppl group who came later but was smart enough to hurry over and "choped" the table without even "registering". Okay, I was watching from the sidelines as I let my friends wander inside as I wanted to observe how the staff would respond to such a -duh- moment. And it was a disappointment. The staff relented to the later group, as though wanting to avoid any "unnecessary trouble" and taking the easy way out while turning around to check if my group noticed.

First time for all 6 of us to "find" our own table for breakfast in a hotel. I've been to hotels with even greater crowd but they have handled it well. and guess what? We ended up sitting at a table for 4 which was supposedly meant for 2. So 6 ppl squeezing at a square table.

And the food sucked. They refilled the rice (the rice was good, but wasn't close to being empty) instead of the side dishes which were long gone. The egg station (with a snaking queue, +-15min wait cos they are just so slow) serves eggs that looked good but tasted like char. They serve cornflakes and cococrunch. and milk as well. The toasts area are always empty and the chicken porridge is plain porridge. I ended up eating Plain Porridge + Corned Beef...for breakfast... Oh wait, they have some condiments to go along with the porridge like deep fried anchovies, fried onions, spring onions, some sauces as well. And not to forget, salted eggs with shell. :< (summary: what looks good, doesnt taste as good. what looks bad probably tastes bad as well except the rice. nope, i'm not a picky eater.)

Not sure if the breakfast was bad because it started off bad for my group, or if it was bad because it really was bad. But on another note, it was public holiday and it was really busy in the restaurant.

Checking out was almost a breeze except that the staff had to dig through their documents to find the deposit invoice (or whatever it's called) that's supposedly mine to produce at check-out to "redeem" my deposit. GOSH. S$200. Concierge was the best. Easy to check-in, easy to check-out. Except that when we returned to collect our bags, I spotted them from the hotel entrance. O_O. because there were not locked in a room, and the concierge counter was really small. Uhhhh. Okay. Maybe that's why it was a quick thing. Just grab, sign and leave.

That's all. On the overall, everything was okay. Just that it wouldn't be my first choice. And it isn't the worst. The breakfast was the worst tho. Give it a try, you may like it. Just avoid breakfast :( on a crowded day. Or you could try being early. It's complimentary after all.

Forgot to mention, it is near Nagoya. On 2nd day, we didn't hire driver. After dropping our stuff at Concierge, we crossed the small road to the stall opposite and attempted to walk to Nagoya (as shared by other reviewers), but a few buses honked at us shouting NAGOYA!!!. 3,000 TO NAGOYA! so we hopped on. :) You could try it :)

Didn't try the spa. It's closed on first 2 days of Hari Raya.

Room Tip: Higher level for less noise. Corner units for more privacy. Units near to central lift for better vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

the hotel is probably the tallest in Nagoya town in Batam and very close to the new port Harbourbay 5 min taxi and 5 min to BCS mall and Nagoya Hill Mall . Location = central. Facilities = adequate and sauna and steam room working too. That's better than most hotels in Malaysia. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is good but come down early. Staff = great efficient and helpful. Security is good. Overall good

Room Tip: ask high floor and non smoking rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A travel agent is located in the hotel area. They are really good and helpful when we made an arrangement to do a day trip to Singapore. We organised a conference in this hotel. They provided almost all the equipment we required.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Throughly enjoyed my stay at Planet Holiday Hotel. Good location, clean, nice room, good price - value for money and friendly and helpful staff. Local brand but carries itself well. Good food at the Korean and Chinese restaurants. Varied selection on breakfast buffet. Ideal for a business traveller.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

i dont wanna stay here anymore.because when i stayed with my friends their discoteque sounds so loud. I still cant sleep till 5am eventhough already complaint bout this to manager.
Better find others hotel with same price but able to sleep

• Stayed February 2013
medan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

i don't know if i ever made a review about this hotel, i stayed there a few times and i like it, it's a good choice hotel, clean, quite central, moderately priced for its staying quality, definitely a repeat next time around

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Planet Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!