“EXCELLENT-I WILL COME & STAY AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars

Golden View Hotel Batam
Jl. Bengkong Laut | Batam Island, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“EXCELLENT-I WILL COME & STAY AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The office staff-David was really very helpful,patience, polite,responsive,knowledgeable,efficient etc.
The staffs were very polite & efficient.
Last but not least, all the rooms should have Free Wi-Fi [currently is only the lobby has wi-fi]; & i believe the breakfast still have room for improvement.
Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Stayed for a night in a king's room and the room was AMAZINGGG. nothing much to complain about. Had complimentary dinner at "beer garden" at the hotel, it was outdoor and shelter make of leaves? and it was raining that night can basically had rain drop into my juice

Swimming pool water is not warm so just avoid it if you're afraid of cold especially swimming at night. There's pool for 25,000Rupiah an hour at the lobby.

Hotel itself have shuttle service to nearby shop outside till about 9pm (+7), it has seafood/satay (sate))/corn (jagung)... etc , Golden prawn 555/933 seafood restaurant is something you musn't missed as it's delicious! and you can have go-kart, flying fox, water sport, paintball during your stays.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Location. Quite far from town. Hotel provide free shuttle to main few malls in town. Seafood restaurants nearby.
Room. Big room with clean toilet.
Food. Pricey in hotel. Food taste so so. Coffee very expensive. The chilling crabs at the seafood restaurants nearby taste good.
Service. Excellence. All staff from doorbell, reception, to cleaners provide good service. Very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

The room is spacious and clean . The staff is courteous and efficient and friendly . Nearby there is a famous seafood restaurant called Golden Prawn 933. The food is delicious and its price is reasonable. The hotel also provides shuttle bus service to major shopping centre e.g Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre My wife and .I enjoyed the stay tremendously. We will stay in this hotel when we go to Batam again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I booked this hotel over email from Singapore. Front Office was quick to reply and even give a call to understand my need. They were proactive in asking what kind of tour I would prefer and suggested local package tour that would take me around the city at a very affordable cost.

A no-delay, very much on time pick up from Batam Ferry Terminal to the Hotel. Friendly service. Quick service at check-in. Excellent room, very professional service and a sumptuous break fast that is a part of the room rate.

Rooms were very spacious, neat & clean and prompt re-fill of toiletries & mini-bar.

It was an excellent stay overall.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed in a superior room on 30 - 31 Oct. The hotel, though it was stated four stars, appeared a little run down. That said, the staff were warm and friendly, and we did have a good time except for a major incident, which totally marred our experience.

We were due for a massage on 30 Oct at 8 pm but amended our appointment time to 8.30 pm on 30 Oct and left our room at 8.15 pm - I know this as I had set my alarm to go off as a reminder. We arrived at the 'spa' (It was such a dingy place - there weren't proper rooms; all they had were curtains, and the masseuse was terrible...) at about 8.20 pm. By the time we got into our massage areas and lay down proper, it was 8.35 pm. This was because we were asked if we wanted to have mint oil used instead of just the normal oil, and there was some time wastage because I had some clothing queries, which could not be properly answered because of the language barrier - my masseuse spoke little English. I was checking the time (the clock was on the wall right next to my 'cubicle'.)

But I digress.

The massage was a horrible experience, to say the least. While I am understanding somewhat about the noisy atmosphere (the 'spa' employees were yelling at the top of their voices spasmodically, as were the other equally chatty guests), I cannot let what happened later slide.

15 minutes into the massage I was turned from my back to my front. I have other spa packages and am a fan of massages. So I know when a massage is cut short. Surprised, I asked the masseuse: Isn't my massage supposed to be 90 minutes long? I even used my fingers to count in case she didn't understand. She said, Yes.

So I settled in as best as I could. But contrary to what was promised in black and white on the package slip and my masseuse's verbal confirmation, the massage ended at 9.35 pm.

That works out to a grand total of ... 60 minutes.

We then walked to the counter to ask why this was so. The 'manager' was more interested in watching her television programme than rectifying the damage or dealing with the issue. When asked about the time difference, she told us that 'normally we just massage slightly more than one hour', and that guests drinking tea was part of the deal.

We were shocked, to say the least.

There were three girls at the counter besides my masseuse. They then tried to rectify the situation by suggesting that we continue with the rest of the massage inside (which is silly, since we had already changed into our clothes, and seriously, would YOU have continued?)

As the exchanges went on, I turned around to see the 'manager' smirking at the situation. She didn't give a hoot about the proceedings. Appallingly, it was her other staff who were trying to salvage the situation.

The massage oils were supposed to cost S$5 more per pax. We then said we would forfeit the time in lieu of the payment, and left.

Would I return to the hotel? Probably so. But I will never step foot into that miserable place which tried to pass itself off as a spa. What a nightmare as isn't a massage supposed to be relaxing in the first place? But we ended up fuming mad!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010 via mobile

The hotel staffs were very flexible. We had asked for a double room but it was not available. The staff then upgraded our room FOC. We were given a big room with one double bed and super single bed. The furniture were very new and the room was clean. They have an open air restaurant in the hotel. you can eat and admired the pool view. The only thing which we have issue on is the breakfast has little variety. The hotel is located in a secluded area. It will suit people who wants to get away from the bustling city.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Golden View Hotel Batam? Share your experiences!