“CLUB EVENT” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Batam
simei
“CLUB EVENT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I had a 2D1N trip to Bagtam and stayed at this hotel. The service staff at the cafe was helpful but a little slow maybe due to overcrowding during that period. Breakfast was not bad. Shuttle service to shopping mall has a limited timing but would be good if they can improve further by having more services during peak season. Security staff was great and very helpful. They provided good info and advice. The room was spacious and comfortable and can even accomodate 4 persons.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I was here for a business planning trip with my colleagues for 3D2N. When we arrived, I wasn't excited about staying in this hotel.

The room I stayed in was not very clean and lighting in the room was too dim. Don't be tricked by the name of the hotel - Golden View. The view from my room was the swimming pool and houses beyond the pool (refer to the photos posted by other reviewers)...not exactly the golden view I expected. The bathtub was designed poorly, water always flows onto the floor even though the shower curtain is pulled, making the bathroom floor very wet after every shower.

The buffet breakfast served at the hotel's Cuppa Cafe wasn't great. It seems to me that they were trying very hard to serve western style breakfast but failed quite badly. I ended up eating corn flakes and eggs subsequently. We had our lunch at the same cafe and the food was average. We had dinner at a kelong restaurant located beside the hotel. The seafood was again average. We also BBQ dinner prepared by the hotel's kitchen staff which I didn't eat much...I guess you know why.

The next morning quite a handful of my colleagues complained of vomiting, stomachache, diarrhea and food poisoning. A colleague of mine had to be sent to a hospital for treatment. It should be caused by contaminated food from the BBQ dinner the night before. Some had to seek treatment after they arrived back in Singapore.

In short, I won't be coming back to this hotel in future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
bedok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had booked this hotel upon my travel agent's recommendation for a short getaway holiday -2 days 1 night stay. The service rendered was excellent. We booked connecting rooms and when we came in we realised that the rooms were so spacious and comfortable.

I also like to comment on a bellhop who was very helpful when my dad went to enquire on room rates if he need to book room on his own instead of via travel agents. Not only the bellhop explained the rates but even took an extra mile to bring my dad around to show the different types of rooms available. (Forgot to take down his name)

My family and I had a nice enjoyable short stay in the hotel and we would like to thank teh assistance front office manager MR MADE RAJU and all the staff who have been helpful in one way or other. All of us had a pleasant experience and sure will be back again to your hotel and will also recommend to my friends.

Once again a BIG THANK YOU from all of us.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I booked the hotel via an agent for my company trip of 30. The service provided by all the hotel personnel are the TOPS! Some can't really speak English but still will go out all the way to ensure you get served and get what you need. Everyone was very polite and obliging even the hotel was more packed on the weekend. The function room we used was beautifully decorated and setup. Breakfast choice was not super but enough and the services were excellent.

The place was really kept cleaned. In the morning, i see the pool being cleaned daily, the floors are mopped. The rooms are spacious. I wish for a bigger TV though.

It's next to Golden Prawn seafood ( The One & Only huge seafood restaurant that every visitor seems to go. And the Go Kart track which we had tremendous fun!

Value for money and the service is impeecable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

We have just organised a 3 day conference for about 70 people. The conference delegates were utterly amazed by the type of personal and attentive service offeref by the staff of the Hotel. The feel was like havng a team of family mambers serving you. From the Bell-captain to the GM, we were also amazed that even the Owner of the hotel himself was at hand to provide service to the guest.

The food spread at meals time had eveyone, practically going for the second and third helping, compliments to the chef. Even though, nothing musch has been written with regards to the hotel, even online, but it is definitely a case of "not judging the book by its cover."

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

I booked this hotel upon my travel agent recommendation for 3D2N. Service is good, the staff over there is quite patient, polite & friendly but the spa service is not available at the moment but they say will add it in future. shop are limited and food as well but u can't buy your own food so u have to smuggled in cos the room service also limited.
There is one game you really had to try (refer to picture), is a kind of vehicle but only can travel around the hotel furthest up to the beach only. any enquiries pls email to my hua_456@yahoo.com.sg

• Liked — Room is big enough, and still got coffee table
  • Disliked — room service cos the food is very limited and already prepared in advance so not fresh
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Golden View Hotel Batam? Share your experiences!