Just returned from a 2D1N at this hotel, which "designated" itself a 4 stars joint. But on the overall impression after the stay is that it's a hotel that's pass it's prime.
Sure, all hotels have good and bad points that influence one's enjoyment of the place. The following is my honest objective in easy point forms:
1) Reasonably spacious room
2) Basic and cozy with free WIFI...but somewhat slow upload. Do it at the ground floor level for better connection.
3) Polite and efficient staff - I asked on 3 occasion for extra towels, pillows, shampoo/bath foam..the housekeeping answered promptly and delivered within their promised 5min. 2 thumbs up !
4) Location: Golden Prawn Restaurants within steps (it's the same owner with the hotel, I believe, part of the ambitious Golden City project)
5) Amenities -fair swimming pool, kids play room, karaoke, massage, etc.
6) Sport facilities within minute transport with hotel bus : Flying fox, tag paintball, Go Kart, etc.
This was what got us to stay with the hotel. But there is no connection or special guest privilege,...you pay for what you do. Like an a la carte menu.
7) Reasonably good breakfast spread (in view of the hotel rates)
8) Felt safe and peaceful environment (but if you stay during business family day, convention,...it's another story. That's life)
9) Ready taxi service to town centre (Nagoya Hill Mall, about 20min, each way) with fixed taxi fares (no cheating)
10) Reasonable Hotel room rate
1) The SMELL ! there's a strange odour in the room that never seems to go away...sort of like a moldy, musky stench,...after aircon were switched on...it's dissipated slightly, but never go away. Perhaps we got used to it already...but those newly arrived will be "hit" by the smell.
Even the towels smelt weird...awful !
2) Moldy ceiling...it's ok for 1 night stay...just can't help feeling it's moldy...compounding the old feeling.
3) The bath tub material is the somewhat thin surface type, be gentle.
4) We switched from a deluxe to superior room, as our kids wanted the pool view (deluxe faces the sea in the distance, but not much of a view) ...and "lost" the use of a in-room safe. This is BAD !!!
So that you see, the hotel has more positives than negatives...it's a reasonably hotel...just tolerate that smell...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 215 Rooms (Superior, Deluxe, Family Room, Suite Room) have been ready to suits your needs and various facilities: Cuppa restaurant, Rajawali terrace cafe, Murai lobby bar, Pipit kids corner, traditional massage, massage centre, full fitness centre, gym, sauna & steam, swimming pool, jogging track, laundry and valet services, 24 hour room service, booking for golfing, business centre, shopping arcade, free shuttle bus to the downtown, karaoke room. Outdoor activities (Go kart, High Rope team building, Flying Fox, ATV - Motor, paintball, volleyball field). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Golden View Hotel Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.