“Honest helpful great staff!!!!and must come to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Golden View Hotel Batam to your Saves list
Golden View Hotel Batam
Jl. Bengkong Laut | Batam Island, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Batam
“Honest helpful great staff!!!!and must come to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I lost my room key and everyone help me find!!! They,are the solid group of staff..Mario and the supervisorat the breakfast place the security everyone!! A must must come back I m not sure of other hotel in batam but the cleaning staff in the car park found my key,and rejected my small appreciation!! Great place good people and you feel like home. The place might be a bit run down but you are so well cared for u simply must come back and say hi to them!! Great job! Anyone can tell the boss especially my heartfelt thanks to the cleaner at the car park!! I just left the place and really miss the staff!!

• Stayed September 2012
Evi z, Executive Assistant Manager at Golden View Hotel Batam, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Golden View Hotel Batam, A Perfect Place for Business and Relaxation.
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your excellent experience with us in details; honest helpful great staff, great place, and you feel like home. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We thank you for the praises concerning of our staff, they will be praised accordingly.
We look forward to welcoming you again and enjoy the touch of our hospitality in friendly and relax concept.

Golden View Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The pricing of the rooms are reasonable, in good condition and spacious. The staff service are commendable. During our short stay, I made a request to propose to my girlfriend and the staff exceeded to all my request from songs, sound system, decorated stage and fireworks. I am a very satisfied customer and I cannot find another reason not to stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: Excellent hotel in batam
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Evi z, Executive Assistant Manager at Golden View Hotel Batam, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Mr. Foo,

Thank you so much for your positive review. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are felt honored that you have chosen our Hotel to arrange the proposal too. Best wishes for you and your fiancé future.
Once again thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward welcoming you at our Hotel soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend, family and some of our mutual friends stayed at Golden View Hotel Batam from 18-20 August 2012. The rooms were very clean, spacious and cosy. Service was excellent and prompt too. The hotel staff ensured that we were well-looked after - there was a welcome drink, the beds were in tip top condition (very comfortable beds) and complimentary toothbrushes were provided.

Staying at Golden View Hotel is akin to staying a food paradise too! Not only is there a large variety of sumptuous food at the breakfast buffet; you can walk across the hotel to the famous seafood restaurants-Golden Prawn 555 and Golden Prawn 933 restaurants which serves very delicious live seafood at affordable prices.

What was most memorable about my stay was that my boyfriend gave me a surprise-- he proposed to me by the poolside after making special arrangements with the hotel staff. The hotel staff had arranged for his plan to succeed -- which was to propose to me with dazzling fireworks!

My stay at Golden View Hotel has been amazing; I will definitely stay here again when I come to Batam!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Evi z, Executive Assistant Manager at Golden View Hotel Batam, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Ms. Clara,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your excellent experience with us. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are felt honored that your boyfriend has chosen our Hotel to arrange the proposal too. Best wishes for you and your boyfriend future.
Once again thank you so much for your positive comments and we look forward welcoming you at our beautiful establishments soon.

singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were greeted by a tour leader, XU SHAN SHAN from local agency; BEST OF TOUR (local Travel & Entertainment Specialist). I had luggage with me and would not brought up with me to bus, so I left it in their luggage storage of bus.After visited a few places, I wanted to take my makeup kit that was left in the luggage but approaching my luggage, IT HAD RED ANTS inside. They didn't manage the bus's hygienic and it was f sucks. My luggage has infested and invaded by red ants, mind you!

And the tour leader was not professional and verbally smart. She claimed that she has our interest but she kept standing beside us and peeked into our wallet when we were settling the bill. That really made us uncomfortable, my privacy was invaded again, after by red ants, following by her. She kept reminding us to give her tips also at the end of the day. With such a lousy experience, tip would followed the standard of her service. Then she showed her true colors. As we extended 1 night, our ferry tickets timing have to adjust. She gave me her number but when i called her the following day, she claimed that the ferry company did not reply her. So guess what, we just need to settle ourselves again by asking hotel staff to check for us early in the morning 7am on third day.

After 1 day tour, we approached to hotel finally, and indeed it has the 4 stars standard as recommended by others. Room is big and spacious, counter staffs are generally all right. One bad thing is room has no WiFi, so if you are internet addicted like me, have to come down to lobby for it.

Room Tip: Avoid last room near corridor, creaky feeling..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Golden View Hotel Batam, a Perfect Place for Business and Relaxation.

Once again thank you for your positive comments and looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Golden View Teams.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

For my friends and I, who are heavily dependent on Wi-Fi, Golden View Hotel was a little inconvenient. There's only Wi-Fi on the first floor. However, the room we stayed in was above our expectation. The room was spacious and comfortable. The additional bed, which was a single bed, was big enough and comfortable. There's also an adjoining door to the next room, which I think, is suitable for big groups or families.

The lobby area is pretty stuffy and has a strong stench of cigarette (many indoor places in Batam, even in shopping malls, are like that, so we kinda got used to it).

I would say that Golden View is a you-get-what-you-pay-for deal. But the plus point is that it's only a 15 minutes drive to Nagoya Hill. You can also try out the Go-Kart, Paintball and Flying Fox at Golden City. As for Golden Praw 933, forget about it. There are better seafood restaurants around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your reviews and compliments on our room. Concerning about the Wi- Fi actually is in the pipe-line at this moments. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused of the cigarette stench in our public lobby area and we have well note regarding this issue.
Golden View Hotel is also only 15 minutes far away from few big Shopping Mall at Batam, such as Mega Mall, BCS Mall,Nagoya Hill and also near to two international Harbors. We are keeps upgrading our out door activities at Golden City with more variety of games and facilities for guest adventure & satisfaction.
Once again thank you for your comments and looking forward welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

pleasant experience, good service and good view. bonus that staff can speak good English.

• Stayed December 2011
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family and I decided to visit Batam for a weekend, and after much recommendation and review we decided to give Golden View Hotel a try. To my surprise, it offers a delightful ambience and has lots to offer for a family weekend getaway. The hotel surrounding is packed with many activities and sightsee such as flying fox, go kart and the miniatures of Indonesia traditional house. We stayed in a family room (4 of us, breakfast included), the room is very spacious and clean with no weird smell as I could recall. There are two bathrooms in the room so we don't have to squeeze for toilet. There's a swimming pool as well at the hotel, so if you are too tired to go anywhere you could just relax by the pool. The hotel also provide complimentary bicycle during your stay for you to get around which is also a great family bonding time! If you are adventurous enough you can try the flying fox, if not you can always opt for go kart :D The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful which makes the whole trip more pleasant. Information of the city could be easily gathered at the counter, a one day tour was arranged for us to go around the city at a reasonable price.

Most importantly is the seafood lunch and the kue lapis. Just outside the hotel, less than 5 minutes walk, a seafood restaurant called Golden Prawn which offers variety of life seafood at a reasonable price. After the first try at the restaurant with the city tour, we decided to have another seafood meal on the next day before we go back. Never in my life have I tasted so many seafood at such an affordable price (approx $80)! Another worth mentioning is the kue lapis, which is just directly in front of the restaurant. It's a cake shop where they freshly bake upon order and aghast, they have so many flavours as opposed to bengawan solo traditional kue lapis. We decided to try on the mocha, original and cheese and they have our cake delivered to our hotel, since it's within the area. It's really thoughtful of them since we could request to cut it into small box so we could give it as a gift. Overall i was very pleased with my stay as well as my family, it is truly a one stop destination. Given the opportunity I would definitely want to visit and stay at Golden View for a weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Golden View Hotel Batam? Share your experiences!