“Old refurbished Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Batam

You added Mercure Batam to your Saves list
Mercure Batam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raden Patah 12, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Been to the hotel with colleague on R & R. Had a fun day at the hotel. Get around in a taxi is convenient. The helping hand that is given for me also appreciated. Well done mercure. Never stay before and it impress me. Juz focus on the breakfast as it is late to top up the food and utensil. Other than that keep it up.

• Stayed September 2013
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Sincerely beloved guest.

We thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience during your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team here at Mercure Batam, we are very pleased to read that you are enjoy your stay and happy with our services. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday and this will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

Your positive comment will be passed on to the team which definitely will motivate them to provide and maintain a better services.

We appreciate your valuable feedback, as it is through guest’s constructive comments like yours that we are able to identify areas of improvement to consistently provide the best service experience for all of our guests.

Best Regards

Heru Wibowo - General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I refered to the past reviews given and thus was mentally prepared for the worst or exact but in my view, this hotel is consider acceptable, in terms of its room size, TV channels except on the part that no hair dryer is provided (I have long hair, try imagining sleeping with the wet hair in a aircon room?). On the breakfast range and portion, this hotel manage to get some points, it's so much better than the hotel I stayed in P2 (Thailand).

Just for your additional information : what the travel agent advertised about the places to visit are not really true, example Chinatown shopping? Didn't get to visit this area.

Room Tip: I heard room 415 has flooding problem with the bath tub, dont know how true it is but it is true tha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the Mercure Batam Hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your time and effort in bringing up the issues you encountered during your stay, as constructive comments like yours enable us to recognize areas where improvements are needed. Kindly accept our apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Please rest assured that the department managers concerned have been briefed to improve on bath tub or bathroom stuck (was room 415 is true but the problem not from our facilities but the guest did not how to open and closed the bath tub tap ,and regarding Hair dryer for while we available but move able , we try to provide fixed hair dryer each guest rooms possible but please take our apologies if you still experience any distractions if any disturbance it.

Thank you and we hope you could give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to visit Batam in the near future and I will personally arrange your stay with us.

Best regards,
Heru Wibowo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I had a free upgrade to a suite room which was almost twice the size of our original superior room. The room was generally clean. However, the old furniture made it look a bit dirty and the bath tub and carpet seemed to have suffered slight burns from cigarettes. The TV reception was not clear for quite a number of channels. The shower head was quite low even for someone not taller than 1.6m like me. Furthermore, it was not removable. Nevertheless, I had a good night sleep in the room as the bed was very comfortable. The room service was quite inefficient as I had to call them up twice after waiting for more than 15 min before the staff finally arrived.

Free wifi is only available the lobby area and cafeteria. The swimming pool was quite dirty but the size was reasonable for a nice short dip and swim. I did not use the gym, but the facilities and size seemed alright to me. Breakfast was sumptuous but not fantastic. Their rate of refilling the food/drinks was quite slow too. Nevertheless, I totally love their crackers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Please rest assured that the department managers concerned have been briefed to improve on Service quality ,and internet in the guest room (WiFi) , we have provide to all guest room starting on September 2013, a bout TV Chanel we had change the provider since September and Now our TV Chanel much better then previous regarding carpet we have plan change the carpet to Parquet (wooden Floor) the project starting this month but please take our apologies if you still experience any distractions if any disturbance it.

Best regards,
Heru Wibowo - General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visited the hotel via tour package.
Room service is slow. Average quality of food.
Breakfast Average. you should just eat out if you have expectation for a good breakfast.
SPA, Had a really bad experience of the SPA. Tried the 350,000 rps package for me and my fiancee, the massager went away, nowhere to be found after putting up the herbal bath for my fiancee, after a long while, my fiancee decided to step out of the bathtub to call out for her to continue on with the rest of the treatment. only to have a terrible fall without her therapist around to assist her out of the slippery tub. She was CRYING IN PAIN from her fall and my therapist had to rush to her. Her own therapist wasnt even anywhere near. My therapist had to look for her and when she's back and got to know of the accident, she didnt even apologize to my fiancee.
Accidents are accidents, nobody wanted it to happen, but i really feel the therapist taking care of my fiancee, should at least be more responsible, she did not even try to inform when she was to be away for awhile. I picked the most expensive treatment they have just so my fiancee can have a wonderful time but seems like i paid for injuries and her pain instead.
My Spa receipt number 0869, date 22-08-2013,
selaras female trt Rp 350,000
selaras male trt Rp 350,000
Room No. SPA 9
Lastly, when we are about to check out, the receptionist asked me if i've consume anything from the minibar. well, i would love to but there was NO MINIBAR. that question pretty much tells me theres a differences in service standard for a tour or one night stay? i just thought no minibar for this hotel when i opened the fridge, no big deal.

im sure its less likely anyone else have similar experience. just sharing.

room 318. 21 aug 2013- 22 aug 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sincerely beloved guest.

On behalf of the entire team here at Mercure Batam, kindly accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to provide the best hospitality and service during your stay.

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for unfortunate experience during your stay with us recently.

We are deeply concerned and share your disappointment with service you received from some of our team members regarding Therapist attitude , Rooms service to slow delivery your food and Minibar staff regarding Minibar lock , but we insist to be more responsive to make our valuable guest in satisfaction during their stay in our hotel. The issues you encountered clearly identify areas where improvements are needed hence we thank you for bringing these up to our attention so that appropriate steps may be taken to avoid recurrence. Likewise, we will take your feedback as a motivating tool to ensure our service levels are constantly according to Mercure standards.

At Mercure , we aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests thus you can be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and appropriate action and training will be taken to ensure that our entire team consistently maintains a warm, positive and professional demeanor when dealing with guests.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope you could give us the opportunity to show you the improvement and provide you with the real Mercure service on your next trip to Batam.

Heru Wibowo -General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Mercure Batam is a nice place to stay. During my last visit they offered me complimentary passion fruit drink while I waited to check in. The hotel is basic but its not bad for Batam. The bed was fairly comfortable. I slept quite well until the Muslim call to worship song began to play at 5:00am. The mosque is right across the street. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be. If I ever make it back to this part of Indonesia, I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Sincerely beloved guest.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had already stayed in Mercure Batam in January/February 2012 for 4 nights. Recently, I stayed 4 nights since July 16, 2013. There were some improvements, for instance, new LCD tvs in the rooms and the possibility of watching international channels in several languagues, as well as the Singaporean newspaper "The Strait Times" is now available to be read like the Indo newspapers. But still many things to be fixed: specially 2 in my view: the lack of crediting of points for the frequent guest program Le Club Accor Hotels (formerly ACLUB) as the hotel did not yet credit my points!
Secondly, the Business Center has some problems like the lack of maintenance for the browser MS Internet Explorer in the only desktop computer in the Business Center. By the way, I was surprised to see that the hotel left just 1 desktop computer in the Business Center.

Room Tip: So important like a good room are the crediting of points for ACLUB as well as an accceptable Busine...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Sincerely beloved guest.

At Mercure, we strive to continuously exceed our guests’ expectations through constant improvements and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations thus your feedback you encountered is a serious concern for us. We have immediately discussed your comments with the department managers concerned and you can be assured that appropriate measures will be taken to ensure an excellent services for all of our beloved guest.

It is our hope to be given another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and concerning to the Le Club and our Business Center issue please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned and please be informed that we are now under process of room touch up and refurbishment to ensure that we offer a fresh atmosphere of the hotel rooms to all of our guests.

We sincerely hope that your recent experience does not deter your from staying with us again. If you could allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future, we will ensure that you experience the real Mercure service.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Mercure Batam? Share your experiences!