“Basic & Simple” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Batam

Save Saved
You added Mercure Batam to your Saves list
Mercure Batam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raden Patah 12, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Batam
“Basic & Simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The last I been to Batam was about 2.5yrs back. This time round it's company team building even thus everything is being plan and taken care of by the travel agency. Overall room was pretty simple and basic. The hotel only provides bath towel so if you need face/hand towels, pleae BYO and also find that the drainage for the shower is partially blocked coz whenever we bathe, the water will flood onto the bathtub and then drain off very slowly....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
We thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience during your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team here at Mercure Batam, we are very pleased to read that you are enjoy your stay and happy with our services. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday and this will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

Your positive comment will be passed on to the team which definitely will motivate them to provide better services.

Concerning to the very slow drainage issue please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned and we would be more than happy to provide you a hand towel if you didn't find in its place but we insist to be more responsive to make our valuable guest in satisfaction during their stay in our hotel.

We appreciate your valuable feedback, as it is through guest’s constructive comments like yours that we are able to identify areas of improvement to consistently provide the best service experience for all of our guests.

We sincerely hope that your recent experience does not deter your from staying with us again. If you could allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future, we will ensure that you experience the real Mercure service.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We are a party of 15 travelled on 6Jul, stayed 6rooms on level 6. Overall nice stay, rooms were big bed were comfy, aircon were working well, staffs were friendly and helpful, breakfast spread were acceptable... 5mins taxi ride to Nagoya mall. The hotel cab charge us at 40k.
pros : no fridge in rooms, the toothbrush kit provided was only 1?? 2 people stayed but only 1 toothbrush, slipper was only 1?? 2 people stayed but only 1pair slipper.

Room Tip: room 609 has no window. If need fridge in room, have to choose deluxe.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

Concerning to the toothbrush and slipper which is provided only one set instead of two persons, please be advice that it will be provide based on request if you are stay in a couple in the room, but we insist to be more initiatively for the guest who will stay in our Hotel.

Thanks again to recommend us to other traveler and we all look forward to welcoming and serving you again soon on your next visit to Batam.

Heru Wibowo - General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed there for a night on our short vacation to Batam. Its a really good hotel.
Big and clean room with full facilities.
Gym and swimming pool are cool too.
Superb Buffet Breakfast in combination of western style and indonesian cuisine.
You will pay for the price of 2 star hotel and get for 4star standards. It could be the cheapest Mercure in their whole chain around the world.
I loved it and would like to recommend..:)

• Stayed August 2012
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

Heru wibowo - General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location was off Nagoya as I personally prefer Harmoni due to close proximity to McDonalds, KFC and pubs. Harmoni is 30 bucks more expensive.

Checking in was a breeze and front desk staffs were very polite and helpful with queries. Room service was slow as I waited approx 45 mins for a chicken burger set.

Room allocated was clean and neat. I was able to connect to internet via a cable instead of WIFI. The spa in the hotel was nice and above average. It was clean and well maintained by staffs.

Late check out at 1300 hrs was given when asked for. Checking out was quick as Ive already paid for the room when I booked it.

Overall, its neat and proper but a bit off from the scene I would say. With a dedicated driver throughout, then this hotel is value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Concerning Rooms Service to slow deliver your food , please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned.

Heru Wibowo- General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at mercure hotel for 2 nights. Have a pleasant experience with the counter staff and housekeeping. Counter staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeper was good as she was making the bed, she placed my daughter's soft toys and pillow nicely on her extra bed. I thought that was a thoughtful gesture. My daughter was thrilled to see her Minnie 'sleeping' on the bed. Room was nice but bed a bit old. The tv went off after a few times, no reception all of a sudden. No wifi in the room was a disappointment and the Internet wireless at the lobby was slow and low reception. :( The food at breakfast was bad and only the cereal and porridge was edible. Will not consider this hotel again if food standards and wifi connection does not improve. Also no hair dryer in the room which is a necessary item in a hotel. However consider that I got this from deal.com.sg and it was real cheap, we can't expect much also right. :p

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the Mercure Batam Hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your time and effort in bringing up the issues you encountered during your stay, as constructive comments like yours enable us to recognize areas where improvements are needed. Kindly accept our apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Please rest assured that the department managers concerned have been briefed to improve on the food quality ,and internet in the guest room (WiFi) , we have tried to make impairments as low as possible but please take our apologies if you still experience any distractions if any disturbance it.

It is a truly pleasure to hear that you found our front office staff and concierge are friendly and your kind words have been passed to them, this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Thank you and we hope you could give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to visit Batam in the near future and I will personally arrange your stay with us.

Best regards,
Heru Wibowo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Going against reviews I read on this hotel and greedy for good value deals on website, I booked 5 rooms for my family and relatives (from HK and their first visit to Batam). The check in was smooth but no porter came to offer us any luggage help. No welcome drinks and the lobby smelt rusty. Given a choice, I would have left immediately. There rooms were worst, the carpet condition is so bad I had to insist that all of us wear our shoes/slippers in the room. The bath tub condition is awful and the drainage is very slow, almost choking. Although it is 2 persons room, all the necessities was in one set only. The next morning, I woke up to a stench ... and found a dead cockroach on the carpet next to my bed.

The spa services is so bad. My in laws who had the couple room complained so much and I could not blame them. During the massage service, the masseuses were talking to each other louder than the music and I could hear their conversations so clearly from my single massage station!

I will never return to this hotel and was highly disappointed. I am in need of another holiday quickly to get rid of this bad taste.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 720, 722, 724, 727 and 706
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for unfortunate experience during your stay with us recently.
We are deeply concerned and share your disappointment with service you received from some of our team members. The issues you encountered clearly identify areas where improvements are needed hence we thank you for bringing these up to our attention so that appropriate steps may be taken to avoid recurrence. Likewise, we will take your feedback as a motivating tool to ensure our service levels are constantly according to Mercure standards. At Mercure, we aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests thus you can be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and appropriate action and training will be taken to ensure that our entire team consistently maintains a warm, positive and professional demeanor when dealing with guests.
We are delighted to note your satisfaction with the convenient location of our hotel, size and cleanliness of your room.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope you could give us the opportunity to show you the improvement and provide you with the real Mercure service on your next trip to Batam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked 7 rooms thru a package deal. As the package only included lunch & breakfast, decided to arrange for dinner in the hotel for my group, as well as to ensure that our rooms were really confirmed. The GM, Mr Wibowo responded quickly to my email & we had a few more exchanges regarding my requests to the hotel. All were quickly taken up by the GM. I was really impressed!

We had no problem checking into our rooms except that we were given keys to 2 rooms with the same number and I had to get it sorted out when we found out when going into our rooms. However I believe this is one of those things that do happen occasionally. The rooms were all spacious, clean & well maintained. It was more than what I would expect & definitely value for what I paid for. However some bath tubs in the rooms were choked & drainage of water were restricted.

I was also happy that my requests were all attended to including providing a vegetarian dinner for someone in my group. Breakfast was nothing fantastic but reasonaly good. The location of the hotel is quite near to the shopping mall in Nogaya Hill, 5 min away by taxi but perhaps too far to walk. However the taxi charges to the Nogaya Hill Shopping Mall at IDR35,000 per way is definite too high. I believe I was quoted IDR 20,000 to 25,000 when I took a walk earlier but when we wanted to take a taxi, we were quoted IDR 35,000. As we were short of time, we dedicde to just pay for the 4 taxis (total IDR280,000) for the 2 way trip. Perhaps the hotel can review the charges.

Overall, this is definitely a very good value hotel, clean & spacious rooms, responsive management & staff. We will definitely be back again & will strongly recommend it anyone intending to stay in Batam.

Room Tip: The normal superior room is big & good enough for a couple. You can request for a room that eith...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6178, Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Mr.Raymon ,

Concerning bathtub and drainage issue please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned.

Been to Mercure Batam? Share your experiences!