“Convenient & good valued studio apartment setting” 4 of 5 stars

The Centro Hotel and Residence
Jl. Central Raya No. 08, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #42 of 74 Hotels in Batam
Jakarta
“Convenient & good valued studio apartment setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

A new good value hotel in Batam. Located at the back of Kepri Mall, a large shopping center, so it's very convenient walking from the mall back to the hotel. The position is close to a large intersection which made it very accessible from/to the airport. Eventhough Centro hotel is using a shophouse building altered into hotel rooms, the room quality surprised me. The room was clean, all with kitchenette and with studio apartment setting. Furnishing quality was still good because the hotel was new. The bathroom was large and furnished in good quality. Overall, a very satisfaction stay.

Room Tip: Choosing rooms facing the front of the hotel helps you avoid the noises (music and people chatting...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my first trip to Batam. On this trip, I had left up to my friend to make what ever hotel booking he could. Yes, there was steps to climb but Daniel took my baggage to the room for me and he made my stay even better by saying good morning, every day. The room was well done and it was very quiet. The pool that some of you complained about is not owned by the Hotel, so they have no say how it is operated. All the hotel did was make a deal with them so it's guests can use it's facility's. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet, food not being kept hot enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked through Groupon for a 2D1N stay. This was our first trip trip Batam .and it was a pleasant one. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. All of them serve with a ready smile, On the 2nd day we wanted to go to the spa, which was one block away, and it was raining very heavily. Without we asking for anything, the Receptionist readily arranged for transport to send us there and after driving us there, the driver gave us an umbrella so that we can walk through without getting wet. This might be small deeds but it really touched us. Thank You so much.
The room was spacious, neat and tidy. Food was good. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel as it has a kids pool with playground and since its newly opened, I expect a much better service but to my disappointment, my hotel requests via email was not replied and not met. The land transfer did not arrive until I call the hotel to check and we waited almost 20mins at the ferry terminal. There are no lifts to the rooms as its only 3 floors high but very inconvenient for my family which consist of 4 young girls aged 2-6yrs, traveling with a stroller and many luggage. Also, the stairway is very narrow and the hotel staff is rarely there to assist us. Breakfast was very complacent with minimum choices and we have to cross 2 minor roads to get to the pool at the clubhouse which was also open to public (water was dirty) and the toilets/shower-rooms there was horrendous. The playground really needs alot of repair works and it should not be opened at all with its hazardous condition. It's only a 5mins walk to the Keptis Mall but there was no proper pathway and walking with my kids alongside the road which was uneven was pretty dangerous. The room is spacious, well-equipt and pretty clean except for a spiderweb under the side table spotted by one of my girls. Room service was fast and efficient. Overall, I won't come back even if it was my last option.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Bad experience. Booked through groupon and was entilted for free 2 way land transfer. But have 2 wait 40mins for the pickup, if i Don't call the hotel no one knows that we are here.
2Nd no towel was provided. Had 2 wait 4 hours, if i don't call again no towel was given.
3Rd was charge ridiculously!

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Got this through Groupon.

First, the positives - the staff were generally friendly, helpful and accomodating to our requests. It is a new hotel (4 months old?). Prices for food and drinks (even room service) were very reasonable. That's the end of any good comment for this place.

It has no lifts. Be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs.
You will have to cross the lobby and walk across their carpark if you want to get to their pool. A local boy was traumatised when his entire leg got stuck in one of its benches by the poolside. Dangerous! It's playground is old and has rusty corners that caused my daughter to complain and leave (normally I will have to drag her out of the playground). We faced 3 power trips in our 2D 1N there. TV reception went out for most of the 1st day and 2nd day (they said it affected the whole area - not only their hotel).

Unforgettable hours:
9:30pm - the TV reception finally came on! We were so happy and tried to watch TV. But no! The live band can be heard very clearly from right below us. Kids had trouble falling asleep with the noise. I called the reception - they said it will end at 10:45pm.
About 10:00pm - the live band changed from English to their local language and sang with more gusto.
10:45pm - I called the reception again and was told that they end at 11pm instead. Too tired to argue.
11:10pm - Live band ended. Chatter and laughter from groups of people began. (It was a 3 storey building and the drinking/eating area was right below us! What do you expect?). I rolled around in frustration for at least 45 minutes until... thankfully I managed to fall asleep.
4:08am - Woken up by the roaring sound of my air-con and a blinking 'M' sign that I suppose stands for 'Malfunction'. Swtiched on the lights and found my luggage drenched from driping water from the air con.Frustrated and angry, I restarted the air-con and managed to get it working in a semi-state mode where it ran with much less power but much lesser noise.
7:20am - Aircon roared again. Restarted it and went for breakfast. Breakfast was ok but the food was left in the tray. No fuel under the tray to keep the food warm. Breakfast was 7 to 10 am but by 9:20am, the fruit drinks have ran out and not refilled. Cups were not clean.
9:30am - Back to hotel room to find out that the TV reception was disrupted once again. Left to face a grey TV screen and dripping air-conditioner.
11:30am - So, so, happy to check out! What a waste of my precious time!

Staff were also very nice and accomodating to fetch us earlier to our ferry terminal though.

Service: Good
Facilities: Terrible!! Live band and hotel rooms together?? What were you thinking?? Stuck in a room with no TV and a malfunctioned air conditioner. Basic necessities of accomodation not met.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel through groupon and the reservation part was hell. I don't know why they took freaking long to settle a simple task and they are not proactive and efficient when it comes to reservation. I need to call and pester then over and over again prior to my trip which is just a day away because they did not reply my emails although it has been send a week ago.

Receptionist counter was not helpful. They were too busy till they forgot bout my tour, breakfast voucher and spa voucher. None of their stuff took the effort to pick us up from batam centre regardless of the fine print that stated "2 WAY LAND TRANSFER"

Apart from the customer service, the hotel room is superb. Spacious with a bathtub and a small kitchen near the entrance door. Tv channels was great. Location wise was good because the hotel is located at a 'less busy' environment which has a minimal of noise produce from vehicles, people and also from neighboring houses/shopping mall.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Centro Hotel and Residence? Share your experiences!