“Not really good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Nagoya One Hotel

You added Nagoya One Hotel to your Saves list
Nagoya One Hotel
Komplek Nagoya Square Blok E No 9 - 18, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Not really good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you are just looking for a place to tuck in for the night without any luxury or extra miles, this hotel fulfills the very basic needs. It's my first time staying in Batam, and this hotel set the line at quite a low level.

Firstly, it is not just this hotel, but other places in Batam, the service is really very slow. We waited for quite a while to get our particulars and card access in place. The other irritating thing is that smoking is allowed in the premises of the hotel, and the hotel is already cramped enough, and it is not a very good experience for non-smokers to endure with the smoke and long wait.

Secondly, they do not have any actual restaurant or cafe in the hotel. Please do not be deceived by the pictures on the internet. The only place they have for consumption is a small dining corner with limited tables and chairs and another isolated kitchen at the back. The "breakfast buffet" was also another nightmare. There was no fill-up of the dishes after it was all taken, and there were very limited food like kwayteow, fried rice, bread toast, and coffee.

Thirdly, the hotel room is not very clean. There were cob webs, and mosquito inside the enclosed room, which is really a bad experience. Not to mention that the room do smell quite a bit, and there were no kettle/water boiler, toothpaste/tooth brush, and several other necessary items. The only good thing is that there is free wifi, but the connection is also pretty bad.

Overall, it is still pretty decent for a 2-stars hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I have no idea where I can post this so i placed this under the hotel review. If you all are looking through this hotel before you decide to buy coupons or take up their offer in the promotion room price. Do not consider this hotel or else you will be in hot waters or strandled in batam. I saw a promotion tickets for this hotel and my agent help me book them 3 weeks ago to inform them that I want 2 rooms on 11/5/13. The hotel did not reply to tell us whether they are avaliable. 3 weeks later, my agent called them and they tell him that they are book solid from April to Dec. They sold their coupons in early April, if they are book solid, they should not sell coupons to people. Isn't that cheating? I have taken my leaves for this batam trip. Everyone who is coming along are excited about this trip and now we are told that we have no place to stay at Batam. I wrote to the hotel but they did not reply me. Please consider their reliablity before you buy any coupons that are tag with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Northwood, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came here for a short getaway me and my bf. 2D1N was the deal we had plus tours,seafood lunch at Golden Prawn Restaurant. I recon this place if ur into seafood. We did extension for another night n its under SGD30. Only think is, there's no pool to dunk in. Breakfast included too. No hot water to make coffee but could request n its free. Nearest mall is Nagoya Mall, a walk away round the corner bt hotel do offer shuttle too. Just ask!

Room Tip: Request for higher floor to sleep at ease.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came with my family to stay one night. ..
Check in was bad as the receptionists could not understand us.
only 1 extra bed was provided for our group of 7 adults n 2 kids.
rooms were nice n clean with a big comfy bed.
toilets were clean n the shower was nice n hot.
Quiet n peaceful at night.
I was horrified in the morning when I found out the breakfast buffet consisted of only fried noodles, eggs, black coffee, tea n orange juice so we ordered room service. Very satisfied with their prompt services each time we required smthg. The hotel also has wifi but it was quite weak. Nagoya mall us a five min walk away from the hotel...
Overall it was a hotel worth staying over for just one or two nights if you have activities planned outside....

• Stayed April 2013
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very limited facilities, sanitary products limited to the toothbrush and toothpaste only. Water heater works for most rooms. Clothes hanger, hair dryer, and 2 bottles of mineral water is available in every room. Most room comes with queen size bed, so it’s not recommended if you are going with friends who minds. Limited breakfast selection with bread with jams, and porridge. A pungent smell coming from the wardrobe hits me the moment I stepped into the hotel room, might be the wood because it’s not detected in other rooms. My room looks relatively clean and acceptable beside the overly washed blanket with small lumps of fabrics all over which makes it uncomfortable to sleep in. Majority of the service staff are friendly and nice when you approach them for help and it's 5min drive away from nagoya mall, Taxi available at IDR30,000. Ice upon request are chargeable at IDR 5,000.

Room Tip: Request for level 4 and above for a better view but Wifi signal might be low for those staying above...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nagoya One Hotel? Share your experiences!