“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HOTEL” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Golden Virgo
Jl Teuku Umar, Seraya No. 1, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Batam
Angeles City, Philippines
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HOTEL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and I stayed at Golden Virgo last May 28-29. Bought our voucher through a website. First impression, room was quite small. It's okay, we bought our voucher for only SGD38/pax for a Batam tour with massage. Thinking we have made a good deal with a small price,we were wrong. It's fine if the bathroom doesn't have any bathtub. What frustrates us was our bed was small for a family of three. We were only given 1 queen size bed and 2 pillows. And to think it was a pre-booked hotel accommodation! I was with my husband and my teenage son. We even noticed that our bed linen were not even changed with its previous occupant/s since it smells whoever occupied it last. We had to request to change the linens and another pillow. When we asked for an extra bed, we were told we will be charged extra SGD 20 for the request. We would gladly pay extra $10 (like the other 4-star hotels BUT NOT $20! That's too much!) We had to content what was provided to us for the night. Next day for breakfast, we were surprised what was served for breakfast. Sunny side up eggs, I don't know what kind of dish is the other (something with I think beans ) and hot and spicy fried rice. Hey, we know Indonesians just love hot foods, but can't you just simply serve plain rice? Not all foreigners can eat hot foods. Since we were so hungry, we had to content to eat some bread slices. One thing for sure, we've learned a lesson... your hotel may be cheap, but simply adding extra $10 or $20 we could have a better accommodation from other hotels in Batam. Even four or five star hotels. Unless you improve your services, I'm afraid you could not or we would not recommend your hotel. You could not join the bandwagon of good hotels that are being recommended in the voucher deals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Mairo44

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

Travelers also viewed these Batam hotels
Grand I Hotel
Triniti Hotel Batam
Triniti Hotel Batam
#9 of 21 in Nagoya
3.0 of 5 stars 67 reviews

Been to Hotel Golden Virgo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Golden Virgo

Address: Jl Teuku Umar, Seraya No. 1, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia
Location: Indonesia > Riau Islands Province > Riau Archipelago > Batam
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Batam
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Golden Virgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.