“Affordable , clean, comfortable hotel with great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay to your Saves list
Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung, Sei Jodoh, Batu Ampar | Harbour Bay Complex, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
Ramadhan Package
Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Affordable , clean, comfortable hotel with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is located very near to the ferry terminal and Nagoya Mall is a 5 mins taxi ride away. The hotel staffs are very polite and made our stay very pleasant. They were very nice to accomadate to my request for a special setup in the room since we are there to celebrate our wedding anniversary although we spend a considerable amount of time waiting for the room to be ready. One small hitch: The aircon was not working well and it took a while for the technician to rectify. Although the problem were unresolved in the end, the staff were quick to move us to a bigger room at no additional cost. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable since the hotel is rather new. I felt that the breakfast buffet spread could improve though. I would definitely return for another stay and hopefully the hotel maintain their service standard or even better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, October 17, 2013

Dear Ms. Elaine,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam.

It was our pleasure to be part of your special day, as it is our duty to make sure that every guest is satisfy while staying with us. We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff as we have been conducted several training to maintain our standard.

However, we do apologize for your long waiting to check-in and your inconvenience experience regarding the aircon in the room, we have deeply briefed to the departments concerned for immediate follow-up and improvement. As for your feedback about our buffet, we have as well informed to our Chef for review. We will make sure that you have the best experience on your next visit.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. Thank you.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Even though we have to wait for such a long period to check in but was very satisfied with the room decor that i have requested beforehand as to surprise my hubby...he was pleased also with the decor and he was surprised that the hotel staff team sang for him a birthday song. Overall stay was good, the staff standard was very good but if the breakfast buffet could improve it will be excellence as some of the foods is quite bland. But in anyway will definitely return again to stay for our next trip !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

It was our pleasure and honor to be part of your husband's birthday as it is our duty to make sure that our guests are satisfy while staying with us. Thank you for the positive comment regarding our hotel staffs, we have shared to the staffs and team. However, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience during check-in time, we have deeply briefed to the department concerned for immediate improvement. We will make sure you have the best experience on your next trip.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is situated beside a mall and ferry terminal but this terminal is not widely used (the main ones are at Batam Center and Sekupang, both are a distance away). The mall seems fairly new and only the supermarket at the basement seems populated (quite a big supermarket). Nagoya Mall is near, about 5-10mins away and IDR50k each way by taxi. The hotel itself seems fairly new and the rooms are decent enough for the price. Basically no complains, except the water pressure for the shower is mildly erratic. Walking distance from the hotel there is a broadwalk with seafood restaurants facing the sea though I did not try them. There is also a massage place and cafe opposite the hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a view facing outside.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown.

We do apologize for your inconvenience experience about the water pressure in the shower room, we have briefed to the department concerned for immediate improvement. We will make sure that you have the best experience on your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has provided room decor for us.it was a really pleasant surprise. Though the waiting for check in was a bit long.
Very clean and bright room, mattress super comfy.3 minutes walking distance from Harbour bay ferry terminal.
Really enjoy our stay there .

• Stayed September 2013

Dear Ms. Selene,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

It was our honor to be part on your special day as it is our aim to give pleasant experience to every guest staying with us. Thank you for your comment regarding our room, have been shared to the staffs and team. We do apologize for your inconvenience experience during check-in, we have briefed to the department concerned for immediate improvement. We will make sure that you have the best experience on your next stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay was great!! The hotel staff was great met my expectation! Room was really a nice! I celebrated my anniversary, the hotel surprised me with an awesome decoration of the room! The staff was really attentive. The bed was really comfy the bath room was really clean it's really like a five star hotel with a luxury feel at an affordable rate! The only downside is that, when I was having breakfast no waitress ask if I wanted coffee or tea. I had to pour myself at the place whereby the waitress put their pot of coffee and tea. Anyways one of the waitress saw me pouring, she told me that she serve the tea to my table. But when she served me, there was no spoon at the saucer she didn't bother to asked me if I wanted sugar she did saw my table wasn't with any sugar or creamer. Again I got up and took myself. My table was not set with condiments and the table cloth was dirty. They did not change the table cloth until I ask them to have it change. I guess they didn't have extra table cloth and my table was the odd one out as it was replaced with a table mat. I noticed that all the table around me was all dirty and all was not change. My table was overloaded with plates it took quite a while for the staff to clear. I suggest for a better ambience it should change so that guest feel comfortable when having breakfast and staff should be observant to the details of the table layout and the guest needs. The breakfast buffet was almost gone and I have to wait quite sometime for them to replenish. Overall stay was great and the breakfast service can be improve. I will definitely come again,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

We are glad in receiving your comments about our staffs and room. We have forwarded to our staffs and team to be shared. It was our pleasure and honor to be part of your anniversary, it is our duty to make every guest feels satisfy in staying with us. However, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience during breakfast time, we have deeply briefed to the department concerned for immediate improvement.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Booked the hotel for a short stay with my family over the weekend. The hotel is a short walking distance from the ferry terminal. It was raining heavily that day but thank god for the sheltered bridge linking to the hotel! The hotel is also part of a mall which is still in its early stage so not much shopping or entertainment there. That's not a problem for us because the hotel is also not so far out to the Nagoya Shopping Mall which took us about 10-15minutes by cab (roughly RP40,000).

Entering the hotel was a little confusing for us. There are no signage informing us of the check-in counter or lifts leading to the hotel. We went down an escalator but that led us to the supermarket downstairs instead and we had to come back to where we came from. We had to carry our luggage (we were with a toddler) and stroller down a staircase.

There is a huge spa right in front of the hotel but you have to make an appointment as it can get pretty busy and full over weekend. So we decided to use the hotel’s spa instead. The masseuse that tended to me was friendly and chatty. Only thing is that the spa is right above the swimming pool and you can’t really relax when you can hear people chatting loudly beside the room as well as at the swimming pool area. I figured the rooms are that not sound proof. So don't expect a noise free spa if you planned on one!

Our room was on level 3 and i figure it was the smoking floor because the room smelt of cigarette lingering. We smelt like walking ashtrays afterwards. Haha. The shower floor is a little bit slippery. I had to hold onto my daughter from slipping while showering her. The breakfast range is pretty wide and the staffs there are attentive to our needs. The beds and pillows though was awesome! I slept like a baby.

Overall experience though Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay looks like a luxury hotel at very affordable room rates!

Despite the little flaws and minor setback, I still give it a two thumbs up.

Room Tip: avoid booking rooms on level 3 if you don't want to smell like a walking ashtray.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay hotel during Sep. The hotel is just a 5 minutes walk from the Ferry Terminal. During booking I requested to have the room decorated to celebrate our wedding anniversary and birthday for my in law and they did a fantastic job in dressing up the room without any extra charges. We stay in the Grand Deluxe room and its was big and well maintain and clean. I think to mention is that one of the room the Aircon is not working properly. The hotel maintenance is also prompt to repair the WI-FI services when I did a feedback to them about not being able to connect to the free WI-FI. The Hotel is also close to the seafood centre where the seafood is cheap as compare to Singapore. We also took the hotel transport to 2 shopping mall in batam (Nagoya Hill and Kerpi Mall) and the transport counter ladies is also helpful in recommending which shopping mall to go to. Buffet Breakfast is average although it does provide the necessary food for you to enjoy the breakfast but more variety can be added. Overall a good hotel which I will recommend to others and will come back to the hotel to stay if I am going back to Batam as it is one of the better one as compare to the rest that I have stayed in.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Batam, 30 September 2013

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

Thank you for taking your precious time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. We appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our team to be shared among their team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff as we been conducted several training to maintain our standard.

It was our honor to be part of your wedding anniversary as well as in-law's birthday. It is our aim to make sure all of our guests are satisfy during their stay with us. As for your feedback about the AC and WiFi, we have informed the department concerned for the immediate improvement. We ensure you to have the best experience on your next visit.

With kind regards

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay? Share your experiences!