“Clean & New hotel..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay to your Saves list
Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung, Sei Jodoh, Batu Ampar | Harbour Bay Complex, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
21 Days Advance Purchase
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Clean & New hotel..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Firstly stayed here for 4 nights on May 13-17th for business trip.. Everything was pretty decent as its a brand new hotel but the food is really so so but its still decently priced.. The aircon isnt working very well and not really cooling but after afew calls the technician came up to fix the issue quickly so no major problem here.

Pro

1. Brand new hotel.. clean etc..
2. Hotel staff are ever smiling
3. Walking distance to the seafood restaurants for seafood lovers
4. THEIR SERVICES MAKE UP FOR THE FAULTS IN THE HOTEL.. one late night my gf was not feeling very well and i had to go and get her some med from the pharmacy and the i asked the counter staff for direction but they insisted that its not safe to travel alone at that hour of the night and drove me to the pharmacy and back F.O.C and never even ask for tips or anything.. cant remember the guy(driver) name but he is pretty friendly and the counter lady receptionist who offered the help.. tip the driver off well even though he rejected afew times.

Cons

1. They should tell the guest there are more room choices like their grand deluxe,suite and president suite are open for booking as well.. we found out after the 2nd night there are other rooms choices but the only choices they actually told us is only their superior room but its still a clean and decent room... some guest wont mind to pay more to enjoy the extra comfort away from home esp they are very frequent travellers.

2. Aircon are still not strong enough even after lowering it to their lowest temperature available.

3. The housekeeping can be more detail with the cleaning.

Although my favourite hotel is still BCC & tempat senang but i will still give this hotel another try since its nearer to the central area and to their extremely good services.

Room Tip: I am grading the swimming pool as 1* as the pool are not yet open when i stayed there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Batam, 25 June 2013

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff as we have been conducted several training to maintain our standard. Regarding on your feedback, we will do a review and we ensure you to have the best experience on your next trip.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. Thank you.

With kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

5 mins walk from Harbour Bay Terminal. Beautiful Hotel Lobby but customer service can be better. Staffs are not very friendly n don greet u when u check in. Hot water for tub runs out after a while. Having said that, the hotelis just next to a shopping mall n breakfast has a great selection.

• Stayed May 2013
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, May 31, 2013

Dear Ms. Mikayla,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we have been conducted several training and will do continuously training to improve and maintain our standard.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Book 2 grand deluxe roomwith agdoa 1 week before depart,request for adjoint room. When reach there on the 15th may they told me Grand D Rm dont have a adjoint room and dont have single bedroom. so have to demote 1 of my grand deluxe room to deluxe .
after demote 1 room to deluxe they say we only have a room juz oppsite your room . The recept lead us up to our room OMG the oppsite is 3 room away with my grand D Rm. The recept feel suprise also I can feel that she dont even know that 534 & 535 is 3 room away . Request for a smoking room give me Non smoking room. Grand D Room is not what I expected big, close proximity to the ferry terminal.Breakfast is varied enough for everyone to enjoy.
When check out they have a transport to send you to ferry terminal.Other then that everythin is ok the bed is very comfortetable. Hear that fully launch will at Nov 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam!

We do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding our room. We have forwarded the comments to our staff and team. We have been conducted training to improve product knowledge and maintain our standard.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enable us to continue our improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Booked a room for 2 nights last week, when the hotel occupancy seemed to be not crowded.

What I love? Definitely the interior picks, all around the lobby. From the lobby to the room. Everything put at its best, in terms of design and function. Love. Love.

What I hate? Everything other than what I mentioned before.
1. Front Office Lady on afternoon shift and male on concierge barely speak English. What a shame.
2. Cold porridge and poor omelette, I can't tell whether the thing on my plate is omelette, or scrambled. poor.
3. A very cheap alcohol drinks, without service standards. The bartender basically pour my martini like what a 5 years old will do in my home, my martini spilled all over my martini glass, and I don't get 3 olives for single martini?
4. Service! Service! Service! The waiter/waitress doesnt know anything about the products, most of the products I ordered at the cafe were sold out, cutlery was served without tissue (basically the finger print of their waiter is all over my fork)
5. A friend of mine ordered the welldone steak from their Hot Stone steak promo (free beers!) and it came as chewy as my son's Havaianas. Bravo!
6. Ordered cakes, the waiter in charge said it was daily fresh individual cakes, when it's NOT. Why lie??? The glaze is dry, the cheese frosting is superdry, finger print all over the icing dust. My layer cake served with thin wedges of strawberry placed like a starfish?????????
I don't get it when hoteliers gave such services (which is equal to RESPECT) to those whose ACTUALLY pay their monthly bill.

The music at the cafe was good, and I left some tips so your training division might allocate that for TRAINING to those poor staffs.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam!

We appreciate your comments about our interior design. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown, however, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding our service. We have forwarded the comments to our staff and team. We have been conducted several training and will do continuously training to improve and maintain our standard.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights on business. First thing to know this is a very new hotel that is still in its opening stages. The building itself was nicely done. The lobby and meeting room level is nicely done. The rooms are of course brand spanking new. So new in fact walking to my room I could still smell the varnish. I heard that only 1 or 2 floors are operational.

Room has everything a business person needs. WiFi is free throughout the hotel which is nice, but the speed is a little slow. Toilets are nicely done but the shower area is actually a big slab of tile or stone, while it looks great its actually easily slippery when wet. Hotel should look into it before it gets someone hurt.

Being a new hotel the biggest thing they have to or are still working out is the service. Checking in and out took too long (abt 15 mins). Staff was also unclear about room arrangement, they had to call and check twice if the room had 2 single beds or a king size bed. They also took a long time to confirm our ferry tickets back to Singapore because they had problems with their phone lines....its strange that this can cause a delay.

Breakfast is varied enough for everyone to enjoy.

All in all a nice place and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff. We have been conducted several training to maintain our standard.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay here because of the close proximity to the ferry terminal as in a land where language and infrastructure can be challenging, I need the convenience.
Hotel is very new and part of a gated community that houses a mall, shop houses and a direct link to the ferry terminal via a link bridge.
There is still construction going on, and being that it is in a soft launch phase, hotel amenities are not fully operational. But the essential ones are up and running, such as the lounge and the cafe.
Food at the cafe is superb! I had a hot stone steak for lunch! And it came with a small bread basket and free beer! The staff very hospitable and friendly and would go the extra mile to make me feel right at home. Always nice that staff recognizes guests!
Room is well sized. Mine came with a King bed. Fittings are good and most important, good internet connectivity and fast!
Overall I gave this place an average rating based on the current state of operation. But I am sure that when fully operational, will warrant an excellent rating!
Will definitely be back for another weekend soon!

• Stayed April 2013
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Batam, 25 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam. We do appreciate your positive comments regarding our new hotel. Yes, indeed our hotel is in good location connected to the mall, surrounded by shop, entertainment complex and just a few steps from Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal.

Currently, we are in our “Soft Opening” and we apologize if not all facilities are available for your enjoyment. These should be coming on line over the next few months and we are sure that Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay will be the preferred hotel in Batam.

Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived at 930am on Sat, as usual cannot check-in early.

1.LATE PICK UP
Settled and took the hotel taxi to Nagoya (only $50,000RP) arranged a return service 1945hr to pick us at Spa Secret, but were late. Hotel phone number couldnt get through. lucky i have the manager's mobile number in my email which i could retrieve.
(THEY ACTUALLY HAVE ANOTHER GUEST TO PICK AND "FORGOTTEN ABOUT US")

2. POOR ROOM
AIR-CON was not working well, fridge wasnt cold (even till next morning, well its cool but not chill)

3. POOR ROOM SERVICE
due to faulty fridge, we requested 2 jar of ICE. but it took 20mins to be sent to our room.... ||| we are 'hungry' for a drink

4. VERY BAD / UNHELPFUL COUNTER SERVCIE
1st we requested for a smoking room, i was that told its a weekend and none are left
(but she dont feel sorry at all, OR are they not "friendly" toward AGODA client.)
2nd called room service no answer, so we went down to borrow a “bottle opener” at the front desk.
SELF SERVICE, I was told to walk over to restaurant to borrow

5. DISAPPOINTING BREAKFAST
In Batam hotel breakfast, I usually go for the omelette, as the safest to have….Sorry it failed in Swiss Belhotel
-Porridge were cold
- too many food fly, I dare not consum
- tried so many I already give up the idea to try the waffle
- grill tomato, but the top were not grilled?
- good spread, but low quality

6. SLOW RESPOND
We are catching a ferry at 1415hr, we went back to hotel to pick our belonging at 1430, dragged till 1445 we still have yet to get our things…
That’s too slow

However the location is a good BUY, very near to ferry terminal, even if it rain u won’t be drench.
I will give it a try again and hope it get better…

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Batam, 19 April 2013

Dear Ms. Monique,

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay, Batam!

I do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding your recent stay.
We have noted your comment regarding late pick up at Spa Secret Nagoya, your room condition including air condition and mini bar fridge were not too cold, friendliness and lack of responsive toward guest request, and also your comment about our breakfast quality.

We assure you that this is not the usual standard of service we would like to give to our guest All these problem have been noted and passed on to the manager concerned to avoid similar problem in the future as well training to our staff to make sure that friendliness and responsive are implemented to all guest consistently. In the same time we do hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enable us to continue our improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel Harbor Bay, Batam.

With kind regards,

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay? Share your experiences!