“DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Bintan Island, Indonesia
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was stay on 06th July 2013, and it was a nightmare. I booked for non smooking room but they gave me very smelly smooking room at 2nd floor, i called reception to change the room but they said no non-smooking room available (usually hotel will telling you the same if you want change room) , I’m sure they still have the room and finally they give me non-smooking room at 5th floor. I expected the room was nice with IDR 700,000/nite but surprisingly the room was like standard room very small room, the towel dirty & smelly. Breakfast very poor, only fried rice&fried noodle. i think this hotel two star hotel with expensive rate.
This is this first and the last I came here, they said New Hotel, but once you go inside you can not find any NEW thing ,you will found so many stain at carpet and table!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Reach hotel at 930pm batam time and waited till 10pm before can check in as staff was on the phone and talking to other hotel staff. Once check in room size was nice n big as I had book deluxe room. Onil thing is it on the 2nd floor n faceing the main road as it quite noisy in the early morning traffic. Request for changing of room to higher floor, staff reply was, sorry cant change if you want high floor, you need to drowngrade your room. While waiting for check in had check with front desk does their restaurant still open and the reply I got was yes it open 24 hrs. Once we settle down in the room and wanted to order some food and call the restaurant it was around 1015 and guess wat. Restaurant staff say we are close nothing for you to eat as our cook had gone back home.

Wifi was worst in the room not able to connect most of the time , even if connect it only for shortly as the network will just gone missing.
Breakfast food is very very limited staff don't seem to bother to top up at all.

Swimming pool doesn't not look like it for people to use as it was so dirty. Same for the bathtub in the room. Once on the tap, the water is in dark brown colour.

Room cleaning is part of daily thing. Before I went out for shopping, had informed front desk that my room need to be clean. When return at night,room was not clean at all. Went down to check with front desk and they can told me that I had put do not disturb tag that why they did not clean it.

Overall, I'm quite sure that I will not go back and stay for the 2nd time.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

1st my room face to the main road n it 2nd noisy ask them to change but the only can help me to downgrade my room. 2nd ask them to clean room before i went to shopping but end up my room still the same wen i went back. 3rd wifi is lousy. 4th the food is awful. last, swimming pool look dirty. nothing fanstastic at this hotel. dont look like 4 star hotel. very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is possibly the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. Apart from the friendly staff and free wifi in the room, there is nothing else good to say about this hotel.
We stayed for 3 nights. The first day when we checked in to the room, we were quite disappointed to find bedding and towels which were stained. Called up reception and they replaced it promptly. For those who like to watch a bit of tv or movies at night after a day out, dont bother, the reception is horrible with most channels being 'fuzzy' and 'rainy'. We were also quite surprised to find that there was no room service menu or any other info about the hotel's facilities/amenities. On enquiry, we were told that there is no menu provided and that if we wanted to order room service we had to come down to the restaurant and order and they would send it up, defeats the whole purpose of room service. There are very limited dishes for bfast and you have to pour your own coffee or tea, no egg station.
For those with young kids, there is NO baby chair (first time I have ever encountered this). On this topic, there is no baby cot either.
Oh yes and there is also NO spa or gym at this hotel. The swimming pool water was stagnant and there was literally a layer of dirt floating on it, so basically as good as no swimming pool either.
Location wise, it is just across the road from harbour bay mall. Being beside a main road, traffic noise can be an issue with loud motorbikes going by every now and then even late at night. the mall is a ghost town. There are hardly any shops open and there is no supermarket contrary to one of the other reviews. There is a small convenience store closer to the ferry terminal where we bought our mineral water and stuff from. took a cab to nagoya hills mall which is ard 5-10mins away and costs idr30,000. Food is much cheaper in nagoya than harbour bay mall. I for one will never be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first trip to Batam, booked online a few weeks back. The staff still call me on tues to confirm my booking.
To my horror, upon my arrival on Fri, I was told there was no rooms available for me! System error they claimed! So, I was asked to move to another hotel. When I asked him back, "what if I refused to move?" He just replied "sorry!" & return my credit card..
Ok, reluctantly I moved to another hotel for 1 night, & the staff told me that I can go back the next day at any time & the room will be ready by then. We went back at 11am, & another counter staff told us that" oh, sorry, the room will be available only at 2pm"
Only after we made a fuss then the staff realized that there is a room available & allow us to check in....
As an apology, the counter staff offer to let us have a complimentary stay, which well was just said only with no actions at all...
Total disappointment.... Don't think I will ever go back again.
Harbour Bay Mall that was opposite has only a few shops open.. Not worthwhile a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went to hotel receiption counter . A staff willingly to help us but we are deaf . He suddenly saw us and foward us . He helped to registered two rooms by online but he said to special promotion on room rate to us. We have unbelieve about his good service also guide us around in Batam during his office hour by his boss let him.

Room Tip: Front room from main road with balcony. Good viewer opp shopping center.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was my first time visit Batam, my friend told me it's really easy find a hotel at Batam...and yes it was, I found a new hotel, just opposite the Harbour Bay Mall. Price is really cheap for 4 star hotel,,, nice staff, nice room, nice view...although the rest hotel's facilities are not complete yet. I really enjoy sitting at the balcony of my deluxe room enjoy the sunset. I will back to Batam and definetly will stay at this hotel again...enjoy my sunset :) Looking forward for other hotel's facilities open cause I think It will be awesome spend a whole night at the club. Just a short notice for the hotel's management,,,,I think you should do recruitment more wisely, don't put staff with no skill in charge...so sorry to say but I think your " auntie waitress " is not qualified for the job.
See you soon GGI,
Take care:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to GGi Hotel? Share your experiences!