“A very unpleasant experience” 1 of 5 stars

You added GGi Hotel to your Saves list
GGi Hotel
Jl.Duyung, Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29453, Indonesia   |
Ranked #66 of 78 Hotels in Batam
“A very unpleasant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is possibly the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. Apart from the friendly staff and free wifi in the room, there is nothing else good to say about this hotel.
We stayed for 3 nights. The first day when we checked in to the room, we were quite disappointed to find bedding and towels which were stained. Called up reception and they replaced it promptly. For those who like to watch a bit of tv or movies at night after a day out, dont bother, the reception is horrible with most channels being 'fuzzy' and 'rainy'. We were also quite surprised to find that there was no room service menu or any other info about the hotel's facilities/amenities. On enquiry, we were told that there is no menu provided and that if we wanted to order room service we had to come down to the restaurant and order and they would send it up, defeats the whole purpose of room service. There are very limited dishes for bfast and you have to pour your own coffee or tea, no egg station.
For those with young kids, there is NO baby chair (first time I have ever encountered this). On this topic, there is no baby cot either.
Oh yes and there is also NO spa or gym at this hotel. The swimming pool water was stagnant and there was literally a layer of dirt floating on it, so basically as good as no swimming pool either.
Location wise, it is just across the road from harbour bay mall. Being beside a main road, traffic noise can be an issue with loud motorbikes going by every now and then even late at night. the mall is a ghost town. There are hardly any shops open and there is no supermarket contrary to one of the other reviews. There is a small convenience store closer to the ferry terminal where we bought our mineral water and stuff from. took a cab to nagoya hills mall which is ard 5-10mins away and costs idr30,000. Food is much cheaper in nagoya than harbour bay mall. I for one will never be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first trip to Batam, booked online a few weeks back. The staff still call me on tues to confirm my booking.
To my horror, upon my arrival on Fri, I was told there was no rooms available for me! System error they claimed! So, I was asked to move to another hotel. When I asked him back, "what if I refused to move?" He just replied "sorry!" & return my credit card..
Ok, reluctantly I moved to another hotel for 1 night, & the staff told me that I can go back the next day at any time & the room will be ready by then. We went back at 11am, & another counter staff told us that" oh, sorry, the room will be available only at 2pm"
Only after we made a fuss then the staff realized that there is a room available & allow us to check in....
As an apology, the counter staff offer to let us have a complimentary stay, which well was just said only with no actions at all...
Total disappointment.... Don't think I will ever go back again.
Harbour Bay Mall that was opposite has only a few shops open.. Not worthwhile a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went to hotel receiption counter . A staff willingly to help us but we are deaf . He suddenly saw us and foward us . He helped to registered two rooms by online but he said to special promotion on room rate to us. We have unbelieve about his good service also guide us around in Batam during his office hour by his boss let him.

Room Tip: Front room from main road with balcony. Good viewer opp shopping center.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was my first time visit Batam, my friend told me it's really easy find a hotel at Batam...and yes it was, I found a new hotel, just opposite the Harbour Bay Mall. Price is really cheap for 4 star hotel,,, nice staff, nice room, nice view...although the rest hotel's facilities are not complete yet. I really enjoy sitting at the balcony of my deluxe room enjoy the sunset. I will back to Batam and definetly will stay at this hotel again...enjoy my sunset :) Looking forward for other hotel's facilities open cause I think It will be awesome spend a whole night at the club. Just a short notice for the hotel's management,,,,I think you should do recruitment more wisely, don't put staff with no skill in charge...so sorry to say but I think your " auntie waitress " is not qualified for the job.
See you soon GGI,
Take care:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Friendly staff and big room. I take superior room they facing pool side. the best things they have non smoking floor and lobby are not allow for smoking.
Very quite and nice for sleeping.
They have only swimming pool and free fast wi fi, but they said coming soon is spa,gym,lounge and KTV. Full entertainment.
when i see from outside the building look very small, and when i go in.. WOW... hotel very big..its like Shell keep the pearl in inside..
Love this hotel..

I LOVE GGi HOTEL ^^

Room Tip: Room very simple big enough, high floor for non smoking room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

A total of 15 in a bonding trip to batam..good n friendly staff.helps in our needs in transportation n places to go..good hotel service n breakfast was nice..worth for the money hotel stay..would come back again..

Room Tip: A higher floor wil hve more views..however wth balcony is better wth a fresh breeze from the sea..al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stay: 2-4 February 2013
Group: A family of 8 adults & 3 kids (aged 3-5 y.o)
Room: 4 deluxe with a balcony
Price: +/- IDR 552,000/room/nite

Location:
[Pros] Very good. Near to Harbourbay Ferry Terminal & stretch of Harbourbay's seafood restaurants e.g Wey Wey Live Seafood. Opposite to Harbourbay Mall. +/- 10mins to Nagoya.
[Cons] Occasional traffic noise at night due to near a main road. However, not an issue.

Hotel:
[Pros] New. Spacious lobby / cafe / swimming pool area. Welcome drink.
[Cons] Has 2 lifts but only 1 was working. Stagnant-dust-covered swimming pool. Mozzies especially in the cafe's restroom. A lot that you could hear them buzzing in your ears!
[Highlight] We informed the front desk about the mozzies in the restroom & they quickly get the cleaner to attend to it.

Room *Deluxe*:
[Pros] Neat, clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Mini fridge. Bathtub. Cable TV. Free wifi. An extra pillow in the closet. Toileteries provided.
[Cons] Wifi signal "unstable" in certain rooms (but stable in the corridor). No room service / menu. Mozzies..
[Highlight]: (1) managed to get all our rooms on the same floor & nearby to each other. (2) visible presence of mozzies along the floor corridor. As we are in a family with 3 young, hyper kids who like to hop around from one room to another & on the other hand, trying to avoid the mozzies to enter our rooms, we just have to keep closing our doors (using the doorstop) instead of letting them open for the kids. (3) managed to get late check-out for two of our rooms (out of four).

Service / Staff:
[Pros]: Friendly. Always smiling. Speak simple English. Attentive & responsive. Helpful bellhops.
[Cons]: - none -
[Highlight]: (1) We informed the reception counter that one of our rooms' aircon seems not working well. Immediately, she called for their technician. We witnessed & appreciated the effort put in by the latter to rectify the problem. From then on, the aircon worked perfectly. (2) In a hurry, we (carelessly) left some SGD on the desk. When we came back, we noticed that our room had been cleaned by the housekeeping & that's when we realised that we have left the monies behind. None was taken.

Breakfast: consists of (at least 8) local dishes, chicken porridge, soup or hot dessert, bread, some pastries, 2 mixed cereals, pudding or salad, 1 type of juice flavoured drink, coffee, tea, cold & plain water
[Pros]: taste nice / okay! we are happy with the spread. despite its mini size, the bergedil (potato patties) is really up to standard. (well, taste is a subjective matter). different menus on both mornings.
Cons: NO egg station?....
Highlight: (1) Despite not having an egg station, you can actually make a request from the waiter/waitress. Actually, one of the waiters made an effort to ask if we want omelettes or sunshine eggs to go along. Although filled sparsely with spring onion & diced sausage, the omelette was a failure. Nevertheless, we appreciate the attempt.

Others:
(1) Surprisingly, despite its visible presence, our family members got bitten by the mozzies only twice..
(2) While waiting for our family's check-out, we saw a food photographing session was going on at a corner of the lobby. We asked the chef who happened to passed by us about it & he replied that it was for the hotel's cafe menu & room service. We looked at the dishes being photographed.. Well, they looked quite appetizing & generous in portion. We hope that they'll taste nice too.
(3) The management has to really look into the mosquitoes problem before it got out of hand & also, keeping the swimming pool clean.
(4) Well, we do agreed that sometimes its all down to your luck of having a pleasant stay or otherwise. Overall, we were happy with our stay & definitely we'll come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to GGi Hotel? Share your experiences!