Stay: 2-4 February 2013
Group: A family of 8 adults & 3 kids (aged 3-5 y.o)
Room: 4 deluxe with a balcony
Price: +/- IDR 552,000/room/nite
[Pros] Very good. Near to Harbourbay Ferry Terminal & stretch of Harbourbay's seafood restaurants e.g Wey Wey Live Seafood. Opposite to Harbourbay Mall. +/- 10mins to Nagoya.
[Cons] Occasional traffic noise at night due to near a main road. However, not an issue.
[Pros] New. Spacious lobby / cafe / swimming pool area. Welcome drink.
[Cons] Has 2 lifts but only 1 was working. Stagnant-dust-covered swimming pool. Mozzies especially in the cafe's restroom. A lot that you could hear them buzzing in your ears!
[Highlight] We informed the front desk about the mozzies in the restroom & they quickly get the cleaner to attend to it.
[Pros] Neat, clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Mini fridge. Bathtub. Cable TV. Free wifi. An extra pillow in the closet. Toileteries provided.
[Cons] Wifi signal "unstable" in certain rooms (but stable in the corridor). No room service / menu. Mozzies..
[Highlight]: (1) managed to get all our rooms on the same floor & nearby to each other. (2) visible presence of mozzies along the floor corridor. As we are in a family with 3 young, hyper kids who like to hop around from one room to another & on the other hand, trying to avoid the mozzies to enter our rooms, we just have to keep closing our doors (using the doorstop) instead of letting them open for the kids. (3) managed to get late check-out for two of our rooms (out of four).
Service / Staff:
[Pros]: Friendly. Always smiling. Speak simple English. Attentive & responsive. Helpful bellhops.
[Cons]: - none -
[Highlight]: (1) We informed the reception counter that one of our rooms' aircon seems not working well. Immediately, she called for their technician. We witnessed & appreciated the effort put in by the latter to rectify the problem. From then on, the aircon worked perfectly. (2) In a hurry, we (carelessly) left some SGD on the desk. When we came back, we noticed that our room had been cleaned by the housekeeping & that's when we realised that we have left the monies behind. None was taken.
Breakfast: consists of (at least 8) local dishes, chicken porridge, soup or hot dessert, bread, some pastries, 2 mixed cereals, pudding or salad, 1 type of juice flavoured drink, coffee, tea, cold & plain water
[Pros]: taste nice / okay! we are happy with the spread. despite its mini size, the bergedil (potato patties) is really up to standard. (well, taste is a subjective matter). different menus on both mornings.
Cons: NO egg station?....
Highlight: (1) Despite not having an egg station, you can actually make a request from the waiter/waitress. Actually, one of the waiters made an effort to ask if we want omelettes or sunshine eggs to go along. Although filled sparsely with spring onion & diced sausage, the omelette was a failure. Nevertheless, we appreciate the attempt.
(1) Surprisingly, despite its visible presence, our family members got bitten by the mozzies only twice..
(2) While waiting for our family's check-out, we saw a food photographing session was going on at a corner of the lobby. We asked the chef who happened to passed by us about it & he replied that it was for the hotel's cafe menu & room service. We looked at the dishes being photographed.. Well, they looked quite appetizing & generous in portion. We hope that they'll taste nice too.
(3) The management has to really look into the mosquitoes problem before it got out of hand & also, keeping the swimming pool clean.
(4) Well, we do agreed that sometimes its all down to your luck of having a pleasant stay or otherwise. Overall, we were happy with our stay & definitely we'll come back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your GGi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.