“Nice, clean hotel with affordable price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Batam Center Hotel

Batam Center Hotel
You added Batam Center Hotel to your Saves list
Batam Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Komp. Raffles Blok E No 6-9, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Nice, clean hotel with affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went for a quick short trip to Batam onboard the ferry from Puteri Harbour International Ferry Terminal during CNY without proper planning like always. We then end up searching for over 2 hours looking for a room, an affordable one off course. BCH really saved our life then. For less than RM200 (converted from RP), we are more than satisfied with everything it has to offer - the room, the friendly staff, and the nice staff of the restaurant that let us order food to be sent to our room eventhough they already nearly close in 15 minutes time. We were so hungry and tired then having traveled for 2 hours at the sea and another 2 hours in the taxi (the driver's name is Pak Nono and he is so helpful!). However, BCH location is far from the town Nagoya Hill and to the ferry terminal. Need to get taxi or rent a car or motorcycle if you were to stay there. You can ask the same taxi driver that sent you to BCH to be your tourist guide and get you around Batam during your stay. And you have to book a hotel before you came especially during weekends and public holidays. Overall, I would say that a stay at BCH is much highly recommended compared to all the cheap hotels around Nagoya Hills if you cant find any other decent and affordable room(s) there. Breakfast was also nice and many varieties.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Reception was pretty good as the staff speak good english. There was nothing around the hotel except a small grocery shop n the surroundings are all so quiet. The Aircon was not facing the bed and it will be pretty warm as the bed is laid in a corner n block by a pillar that is the pantry table. Worst of all, the water is no hot water to shower at all and there is a timing to use hot water for shower.

Towels are stained although it had been washed but not comfortable on it.

Left a tissue on the shelf and requested for room cleaning and found the tissue paper not cleared at all.

Wifi is free but as good as nothing cos it is very very very slow n we din use it, if we need to use, we had to sit along the stairs for better connection, pretty awkward.

Breakfast standard was not consistent throughout e stay, some days were good but some not.

Bed are too soft and u will be disturbed if your partner moves and it is just like water bed.

Not advisable for single ladies to stay as there are many guys loitering outside the hotel and constructions going on.

You will be watched if you go swimming as there are workers working beside the pool.

Room Tip: Do not sleeping a room where they have the pantry table beside the bed as the Aircon flows are very...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked the room to this hotel through Expedia as the usual hotel that I book is on full occupancy. I thought that the hotel looked ok. Truth is, it doesn't look the least bit dodgy. Not even the interior. It is a condusive place to stay however the surrounding environment of the hotel could use some major uplifting. Some work is being done next to the pool. Even though the area is cordoned off and you can use the poo, I sincerely did not want anyone watching me as I swim.
The food was decent. The young bellhop was very friendly however apart from him, the decent food and the place being condusive; other aspects can be worked on.
They only have one hardworking driver who was ferrying guests around. And apparently on the day we checked out, there wasnt a car for them to send us to the ferry terminal. Well at least the bellhop asked us kindly if we needed a cab.

We received a voucher for complimentary drinks and we were hoping that it could be delivered to our room. When my friend made the call, the person who answered was curt and rude to her and we assume that he wasnt able to understand what my friend was saying. He even had the audacity to ask us to order from the front desk and head downstairs to do so. We never asked for the complimentary drinks after that.

I had requested for a prayer mat upon checking in and it wasnt being sent to me.

What i found ridiculous was the inefficiency of the front desk staff. I had made my reservation through Expedia.com and payment had already been made. So when I checked out, i was shocked that the staff asked me for room payment. When i asked why i need to pay it, he said it is because i havent paid for it. As it turns out, he did not read the reservation printout properly. Even after that mistake he did not even apologise.

I asked him also about the transport fees that i needed to pay since i used their transport service. He asked me, " You used the hotel's transport?" At this point I was ready to breath fire. If i wasnt honest and had wanted to save money and cheated them, i wouldve left but i believe in paying for any services i used. The best part was they did not keep any receipt slips nor charge the transport to my room to keep tab.

I left the hotel feeling frustrated and annoyed. This was considered a business hotel but it looks like the service provided is one of a dodgy hotel. Avoid it at all cost.

*the website states that it is 5mins to reach Batam Centre Ferry Terminal and megamall. Unless you can walk at 100km/h, it isnt a feat you can achieve considering the distance.*

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked 2rooms for us and my fren. We were given rooms next to each other. It was about USD 50 but was not worth the money as itz just a 3star kind. Tis hotel is not near the ferry terminal unless u take a cab. N itz kindof on itz own sumwer inside so you need a cab to go anywere from here. Breakfast was ok. And there is a pool at breakfast area. However there are still renovations going around so no mood to swim there!
There are definitely better choices around. But the rooms were clean and had a small table and chair as well. They had elevators too. I would try sum other hotel n future :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Batam Center, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed twice at Batam Center Hotel, room was nice, clean and comfortable. But unfortunately, I still cant feel a warmth service through the staffs, even the receptionists less of customer care and communication skill. They may need some training to improve it and the hotel manager should be very aware of this. I believe on of the manager is standing by at the front office and hanging around the lobby but he has no reaction when the staff is having argue with guest...

However, one of the senior receptionist Mr. Deddy, he is good and very friendly..

Second disappointment, swimming pool seems never cleaned!!!

Room Tip: Try Deluxe Room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

From the pool that was shut, to the mosquitos biting your ankles, to the dodgy hotel appointed taxi drivers that attempt to hijack you in order to sell you a prostitute.....a definite NEVER AGAIN!

Ended up cutting the stay from 3 nights to 1 and escaped the next morning. Awful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Batam Center Hotel? Share your experiences!