“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Batam
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

5mins to Harbour Bay, 10mins to Nagoya. Fast and efficient taxi service by hotel. If you are adventurous enough, the local day and night market (selling all sorts of stuff from DVD to shoes) is just round the corner where you can also get some authentic local food by the roadside...only for the brave!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My family and I booked a total of 4 rooms, including 2 suites, with a stay of 2 nights. It was not what we expected from Novotel (a well known hotel internationally). Firstly when we checked in, the staff that served us was not very friendly and had served another customer instead of us, despite my family that had arrived earlier. The suites are spacious and divided into 2 rooms and had a powder room at the living room, another master bathroom in the bedroom itself. However, the water that came out from the tap from the start was sandy(?) , which was not very hygienic and clean.

As for the normal rooms and the room i personally stayed in, the bedsheets have stains and the blankets, as well as the pillow had a sort of pungent smell on it. The pillows are flat and not comfy, which felt like its old and there isn't enough wool in it. The room also felt dusty and not very clean. Rooms that are facing the back of the hotel are also noisy and we can hear cars and motorcycle in the middle of the night, which can be quite disturbing as the hotel is short and only carries 5 floors.
There was smell of cigarette on the level and rooms despite being on the a non-smoking floor. The extra bed that we requested turned out to be an old bed, as well as the blanket.

Facilities of the hotel are also very limited. The bar on the ground floor is closed down and was quite disappointing, but there is 24 hours of room service, prices on the menu are affordable. There is also a shuttle service to nearby malls like, BCS and diamond mall, but only with 3 to 4 time slots and only 1 way transport.

Overall, it was not a good stay for me and my family as it is not very pleasant. I will not make another visit here.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are closer to the lifts and facing the front of the hotel, which will come with a...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with my family and the experience was horrible. There was water leakage in bathroom and it was so bad that the water spilled to the main room. I brought this to the notice of reception and housekeeping and asked them to change the room. They offered me smaller room which was not acceptable. It was a nightmare for us..i will recommend not to stay in this place. They are not even apologetic. The hotel was 5 mins from harbour bay, they should offer free pickup and not charge. The room stinks when you enter

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Rooms were very nice and the value was good. Please note the hotel is on the main street although on most maps it looks like it is more interior. The front staff were not very helpful, when we asked for a map they said they didn't have one and left it at that. We later found they have a computer against the far wall you can use for 20 mins for free with lots of maps and applications on it. We ate at the regular restaurant for dinner and it was okay, but just be careful as have an additional 21% tax added. The hotel has a free shuttle service to the mall which is good but you have to tell them which mall as it is not a circuit they only go where they are told and there is no pick up ONE WAY ONLY, it is up to you to get yourself back. It is very close to the ferry and Harbour Bay centre which is nice as there are lots of choices there. Overall good for a short stay - please note no real beaches or beach access but if you see the water around that area probably won't want to swim anyways.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Front office manager, Mr Harun was dissapointing when requested for breakfast to be included in our room package (3 rooms for 6 persons). No doubt it was our booking mistake through Agoda.com but Agoda did email to the hotel to to assist us to obtain breakfast. Novotel seems to ignore our request and there was no reply from them to Agoda for confirmation.

We as guest of the hotel , known through out the world were denied breakfast which any paying guest expected from a host. such as Novotel We were saddened by the turn of event whereby any less known hotel or budget lodgings or rest house will provide to any guest (bed & breakfast).

In conclusion this hotel will only consider their profit margins first and the comfort of guest and other request from guest as pesky. Talking about pest , we observed a dead cockroach on the floor directly below the front office counter which on goodwill basis we pointed out to the Manager Mr Harun to clean up. It was indeed ironic that in return we were treated as pesky instead...grrrrrr...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

When I was arrival 3 agent was at the desk 1 was occupied by another guest . Another 2 seems busying with the paper work . Which I could totally understand as I am a hotelier as well . When I approach only 1 of the 2 agent acknowledge me . She seems in a hurry to check me in . She told me room not ready at noon as check in time is 2pm which acceptable . The whole process of check in was quick but not friendly and welcome . And she asked me to wrote my email address but without notifying me she will enroll to as a member . Till today I received an email . The bell team also not helpful . I approach bell counter to store my luggage . Non of them was offer me any luggage assistance until I asked . Overall the room is nice . But the service is not good as a brand of Accor hotel .

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!