Stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. The check-in was fast and front desk was efficient. The room, bed linens, towels were clean. Room was spacious enough for a family of 2 adults and 1 child. Aircon, cable TV, hot and cold shower were working well. Our view from the room was residential area so most of the time our curtains were closed. Breakfast buffet was okay. Free Shuttle going Nagoya mall at designated times. The hotel is complete with gym, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, spa, coffee shop, Japanese restaurant and a main restaurant called The Square.
Needs to improve on service and renovate parts of the hotel:
1. There were no bathrobes in the room so we requested first night and none arrived until we call again the housekeeping in the morning. We were advised that they limit use of bathrobes and we were only given 1 and it was immediately taken away during make-up room, although they were generous in replenishing coffee/sugar/water and other stuff in toilet.
2. Our room was located at the back side of the hotel in 4th floor and it was quite a long walk from the elevator to our room. The hallways were dimly lit, so quiet and it was eerie to walk alone. At least corners of the hallways should have ample lighting and background music continues to play in tolerable hotel standards otherwise the hotel could get creepy and you will scare away clients. By the way, our TV suddenly turned on in the middle of our sleep and there was no sleep/timer mode in the remote control.
3. Seafood Dinner Buffet at The Square was nice. But we noticed that the fish plate we asked for grilling never returned to our table. Another couple complained of the same thing. Also, entrees were not replenished. Once they are out of crayfish, no more.
4. The sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool showed signs of old age and no longer appealing to use. If only these facilities are renovated then it would have been a better stay. Also, towels provided for pool use were torn out and bit yellowish already.
5. Hotel is a short distance to the ferry terminal and they should have offered free pick-up and return for guests esp during low season instead of hired taxis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Batam is a 4 star hotel in the centre of Batam, ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Only 45 minutes from Singapore by ferry, the hotel is located in a commercial area facing the sea. For our corporate guests, we offer a businesscentre, meeting rooms and WiFi internet access. Also perfect for holidays, guests can take advantage of our pool, health centre, sauna and Kids Club. Enjoy a meal in our restaurant or a relaxing drink in one of our two bars. Parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Novotel Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Batam
- Hotel Accor Batam
- Batam Novotel