“shabby and old” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Pontianak, Indonesia
“shabby and old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2nites in this pass september and its my first time staying here.
Towel were part torn. Its not white which its suppose to be.
Even the bed sheet were yellowish brown instead of white.
But its a huge hotel next to nagoya area. Near to ferry crossing to singapore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel is basically fine and quiet. Service is good. Staff is vey pleasant. Price is reasonable. And they have excellent breakfast and a good Japanese restaurant. But there is not much around in walking distance

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked 8 rooms through Agoda, specifying that we prefer Non-smoking rooms since We will be traveling with 4 toddlers.

Most of my friends got there by 2pm & they have released 7 rooms to them. I & some of my other friends got there an hour late.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk (lady) told me that one of the rooms will be released late (around 4pm) as some of the guest check out late. I told her that the common practice for check- in in all hotels is 2pm & we actually arrived 3pm already. After few minutes of discussion she gave me the key card & told me there is now a free room available.

Upon opening the door in my room (I didn't even step inside), I already smelled the scent of the cigarette. I was furious that i have to go back to the lobby & spoke to the front desk again. I told Him (its a guy this time) that I asked for a non-smoking room. Then he told me there is no room available. I told him we specifically request for it. He told me it upon availability even if we request of it. Then, he offered if he can just put some aroma in the room. I was very pissed with what he said, as if it will make a huge difference. I told him it will not help since the cigarette scent has been absorb by the curtains & carpets. After much discussion he agreed to give us 2 non smoking rooms.

Since my friends with kids got there ahead of us, They didn't know that we (me & another friend) were able to changed our rooms. When one of our friend heard that I was able to change room, he also asked for it as he had a 1 yr old kid with him. It was around (8:30pm) when he spoke to the front desk & Again, same excuses was given to him (no rooms available). My friend asked my help to talk to them & again. I looked for the manager & told her its not our problem if the are full for we have made a specific request. Then again, after few minutes of pissing us off she told us.... there is now a free room. So my friend asked her...."I thought theres no room? how come after much discussion you now have a room available." she told us someone just checked out. (imagine someone just check out 8;30pm? who are you fooling?!!)

They are very inconsistent. Imagine if they can lie with this minor issues how much more on much bigger stuff. I would rather be in a not so well known hotel with honest people, than with this.

Btw. We also have a buffet dinner at the hotel for Rp165,000.00/person. Since some of us arrived half an hour late with the rest..... there is literally no food left on the tray. I even talk to the manager if they will refill the food.

Service is extremely bad, I will never EVER come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

this is my first visit to Novotel Batam. I would like to thank Novotel Batam team for the great hospitality especially duty manager Mr Andre who have made my 3rd anniversary a memorable ones. the room setup was beyond my expectation which made my wife doesn't want to leave the room on our first night. this is something special to share.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is handy for me during business stays in Batam. It is an average hotel though the staff are friendly and helpful. It does not meet standard of Novotels elsewhere, would probably be an Ibis if in UK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!