“Value for Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 68 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A short vacation with my family and relatives. Room (Superior) is big and clean with good strength room WIFI. The room offers basic amenities, such as hair dryer, 3 pin plug, complimentary bottled drinks and bathroom care amenities.

Went to the Mosaic lounge, ordered a plate of chicken wings (average) and chicken nuggets (average) and I ordered a glass of white wine.. Is cheap.. cost roughly SGD 8.50 and my cousin ordered a whisky coke.

Breakfast was good enough and wide variety of foods. Overall, everything is. Probably the service staffs has to be more friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed over the weekend in mid-April. Managed to get a late booking and no regret staying in this hotel.

Bedsheet Cleanliness: good

Staff: Courteous, able to converse in English

Aircon: COOLing (Good got those that likes cold room. The aircon was superb)

Shower: Hot water running.

Toilet: There was a bath tube.

Lights: Bright enough

Wifi: Able to connect, to surf news in the room

TV Channels: All the local Indo channels and some standard international channels (i.e. CNN, HBO)

Safebox: N.A.

Breakfast Buffet: Decent basic breakfast. Cannot expect a superb buffet, but its good value. Drinks like not so promptly refilled.

Room Service: Responsive room service. Its food charge were reasonable (about $10 - $15 for a chicken chop).

Massage: Did not try

Swimming Pool: Small pool. Uninviting. Looks poorly maintained, “dirty”. I believe it had to do with the color tiles.

Hotel Room Chairs: There was a sofa instead of the standard 2 hotel room chairs. I liked it a lot as the sofa gave a roomy feel and distinguished the place from other hotel. There’s a standard chair issued too. I did wish there was another chair, so that our seating arrangements can be more mobile. But no complaints, as other guests might not like having another chair taking up space.

Location: I stayed mostly in the hotel, so cannot comment a lot. But seemed like it’s a location slightly away from the buzz of the town. Didn’t looked too near to shopping area. On my trip home, I noticed quite a number of roadside stores near the hotel. Looked interesting to explore.

On the whole, the hotel might not look nice from the outside. But once you were inside, everything was fine. I checked in around 9pm and there was still someone playing a piano in the lobby for the guests. Even though it’s a small daily routine gesture, I liked that a lot, as it improved the ambience of the place.

The receptionists somehow did not look too helpful or friendly. But when you started to communicate with them, they were helpful and friendly. There’s no problem in using English to communicate. The staff at the main door was also very friendly and helpful. During my check out, I noticed there were some domestic air crew staying in the hotel too.

Overall from lobby with the piano, to the sofa in the room, bathtub in the toilet and the presence of a pool (even though its uninviting), I felt that this management had made the effort for this hotel to be a 4 STARS hotel and DESERVING SO. I considered this hotel very value for money. It lived up to a Novotel brand expectation. I would like to give it a good 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Location ideal for access to port industrial areas and only a15 minute walk to the Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall although the hotel provides a taxi service that works very well and at a very reasonable cost. Not certain I see it quite as a 4 star establishment however, staff were very pleasant, gym adequate and spa facilities good. Food is adequate. Only real disappointment during my stay was ordering a lasagne which was served warm on the outside and cold in the middle......

Room Tip: Some rooms especially fifth floor have poor Wi-Fi reception and AC performance appears to be variabl...
Macduff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for just less than one week in May 2013.

The hotel is ok, it's starting to show it's age & could be done with a freshen up, even just a good paint.

The rooms are ok size wise but are not very clean.

MAJOR Issue: I got bed bug bites all over me after the 1st night in the Novotel Batam (4th floor). I stayed another night just incase it was some other type of insect but when I woke up I had even more bites all over me. 100% bed bugs.

I complained to reception & they did not seem to be surprised AT ALL!!!!

They moved me into another 4th floor room at the opposite side of the hall - Same again more bed bug bites. In the 2nd room the bed sheets were also dirty, had multiple stains on them & I had to call laundry to come & change all the sheets.

The mattress folds etc are dirty & un-clean. I am not surprised there are bed bugs.... Personally I find this horrendous that not once, but twice was I subjected to bed bugs in the space of a week.

I will NOT be back untill the whole hotel is treated throughly.

My co-worker also got biten by the bugs. Horrible!

Room Tip: I stayed on 2x 4th floor rooms = Both had bed bugs everywhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I had a 2D1N stay at Novotel Batam recently. And I feel it's really awesome! The room is big and you just don't feel like leaving the bed cos it's too comfy! I will definitely book this hotel again whenever I visit Batam. Keep it up Novotel! =)

• Stayed May 2013
Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at Novotel Batam in May 2013. I chose this hotel because my colleagues stayed there and it was convenient to use one car in order to reach 2 ports of Batam.
The advantages of hotel: good personnel at reception and restaurant, they are happy to assist you; price for stay is quite low; the hotel is located close to one of ferry terminals.
The disadvantages: it's not a 4 stars hotel for sure, I could give maximum 3 stars. Rooms are very noisy, you could here everything from the other rooms like people are in your room! Сurtains, towels, bed linen are with stains (because they are too old and probably it's impossible to wash them properly). The sofa and chair were marked with ink. One day I kindly asked to make up my room while I were having breakfast (because I was ill and had to stay in bed), the room was not made up, moreover I had to call again 4 hours later because nobody came in order to clean up my room.
In conclusion, I would like to say that this hotel is good enough just for 1-2 nights (for transit passengers) or for people who need hotel just to spend a night and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

i have rated the property as very good despite the fact that i am completely disappointed with the reception at check in. i was recovering from a surgery and requested an early check in ( having forfeited my inclusive batam tour) to rest but for reasons best known to the reception they insisted that the room will only be ready at 2.00pm. i can understand if it were a weekend when the hotels are generally stretched but on a weekday, i find it difficult to understand the attitude of the RECEPTION STAFF. i have stayed at about 25% of the rated batam hotels and this is my first bad experience and with novotel and me the last as i do not wish to consider this property again.

property deserves very good rating as the rooms are spacious, the staff generally very good, the room amenities very neatly bundled and the overall location is fairly good. albeit a little away from the nagoya area.

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!