“BED BUGS, TWICE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Batam
Macduff, United Kingdom
“BED BUGS, TWICE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for just less than one week in May 2013.

The hotel is ok, it's starting to show it's age & could be done with a freshen up, even just a good paint.

The rooms are ok size wise but are not very clean.

MAJOR Issue: I got bed bug bites all over me after the 1st night in the Novotel Batam (4th floor). I stayed another night just incase it was some other type of insect but when I woke up I had even more bites all over me. 100% bed bugs.

I complained to reception & they did not seem to be surprised AT ALL!!!!

They moved me into another 4th floor room at the opposite side of the hall - Same again more bed bug bites. In the 2nd room the bed sheets were also dirty, had multiple stains on them & I had to call laundry to come & change all the sheets.

The mattress folds etc are dirty & un-clean. I am not surprised there are bed bugs.... Personally I find this horrendous that not once, but twice was I subjected to bed bugs in the space of a week.

I will NOT be back untill the whole hotel is treated throughly.

My co-worker also got biten by the bugs. Horrible!

Room Tip: I stayed on 2x 4th floor rooms = Both had bed bugs everywhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I had a 2D1N stay at Novotel Batam recently. And I feel it's really awesome! The room is big and you just don't feel like leaving the bed cos it's too comfy! I will definitely book this hotel again whenever I visit Batam. Keep it up Novotel! =)

• Stayed May 2013
Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at Novotel Batam in May 2013. I chose this hotel because my colleagues stayed there and it was convenient to use one car in order to reach 2 ports of Batam.
The advantages of hotel: good personnel at reception and restaurant, they are happy to assist you; price for stay is quite low; the hotel is located close to one of ferry terminals.
The disadvantages: it's not a 4 stars hotel for sure, I could give maximum 3 stars. Rooms are very noisy, you could here everything from the other rooms like people are in your room! Сurtains, towels, bed linen are with stains (because they are too old and probably it's impossible to wash them properly). The sofa and chair were marked with ink. One day I kindly asked to make up my room while I were having breakfast (because I was ill and had to stay in bed), the room was not made up, moreover I had to call again 4 hours later because nobody came in order to clean up my room.
In conclusion, I would like to say that this hotel is good enough just for 1-2 nights (for transit passengers) or for people who need hotel just to spend a night and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

i have rated the property as very good despite the fact that i am completely disappointed with the reception at check in. i was recovering from a surgery and requested an early check in ( having forfeited my inclusive batam tour) to rest but for reasons best known to the reception they insisted that the room will only be ready at 2.00pm. i can understand if it were a weekend when the hotels are generally stretched but on a weekday, i find it difficult to understand the attitude of the RECEPTION STAFF. i have stayed at about 25% of the rated batam hotels and this is my first bad experience and with novotel and me the last as i do not wish to consider this property again.

property deserves very good rating as the rooms are spacious, the staff generally very good, the room amenities very neatly bundled and the overall location is fairly good. albeit a little away from the nagoya area.

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was a good stay but more can be done to let us know the room service price. dont think they have one up on the hotel room and was shocked to know that a Tiger can costs almost S$10!
Unlikely to return unless they have a promo package...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Batam in 2004 with my wife. It has small room, the bed is fairly soft and it is cozy to stay. The service is fair, the breakfast is not very good. It has a swimming pool in the most upper floor. Well i give 3 star.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is located at the fringe of Jodoh section of the town with easy access to the centre of the town. For the rate charged, it is value for money. Only complaint is the temperature setting in the whole hotel (including room) which is rather high and can be uncomfortable at times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!