“Thanks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 67 hotels in Batam
“Thanks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was a good stay but more can be done to let us know the room service price. dont think they have one up on the hotel room and was shocked to know that a Tiger can costs almost S$10!
Unlikely to return unless they have a promo package...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Batam in 2004 with my wife. It has small room, the bed is fairly soft and it is cozy to stay. The service is fair, the breakfast is not very good. It has a swimming pool in the most upper floor. Well i give 3 star.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is located at the fringe of Jodoh section of the town with easy access to the centre of the town. For the rate charged, it is value for money. Only complaint is the temperature setting in the whole hotel (including room) which is rather high and can be uncomfortable at times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have paid for the breakfast online (Accor website) but on actual day, the cafe's staff was not aware of it and I was stopped from taking breakfast. As such, I have to walk to and fro the cafe and reception counter. In the end, the reception had to make a call to the cafe to allow me to have breakfast.

The towels in the room are also quite old as the color of the towels is kind of black.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good Place
Breakfast, Hotel and location was good
Describe the service you experienced
Tell us how you liked the room (Clean)
Talk about the location & amenities (Try Local Food - Nasi Padang)
Say what you liked best & least

Don't Buy Alcohol in Batam (get all what you need from Singapore)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this property back in September 2-3 2012. The place was quite nice but felt abit empty and dull. (maybe is low peak season). There wasn't much happening.Considering I was alone, the room was quite spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially the food and beverage supervisor and his staff for making me feel welcome. The buffet breakfast served in the morning was nice.The security guard and the hotel taxi drivers at the hotel was friendly but a bit shady.
A dip in the pool was worthwhile as it cooled me down especially from the hot weather.
Overall I did enjoy this pleasant hotel and will definitely return here. Hopefully I get the room with the ocean view as the only view i got was a squatters area.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the lift as rooms facing the back could be abit of a walk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a golf holiday which served its purpose well. The rooms were clean as you would expect, the bed was big and comfortable. Good size flat screen tv, nice ambinet lighting, good water pressure, hot water a plenty, ok minibar with reasonable prices. I thought the laundry could have been cheaper (about S$4 for a t shirt) so I only washed when needed and sometimes just washed in the bath myself (more out of principle than being tight). The view I had was of a 1/4 completed building from floor no 5 (top floor). My room was a bit of a walk from the elevator. I found the service top notch. Everyone I looked at greeted me politely, the receptionist knew my name when I arrived (about 10pm), even one of the bar staff took me shopping the day after I told him I wanted to go to the mall. That saved me a lot of time and $$ having a local take you around. Breakfast was ok, some good nasi goreng among other local dishes, as well as western. Not huge selection of hot food but ok. Taxi counter new all the golf courses as well as the drivers. If you just want to head to Nagoya its cheaper just to walk out on the street and get a taxi or ojek (moto). There is a bag service where I could leave my clubs at the ground floor to save the carry which gives you a receipt which you need to retrieve your bag/s. I tried out the bar a couple of times, not much going on there, one night there was a 2 piece band (wed night?) where I was the only one there. Never the less I provided some good cheering :-). Didn't try the massage, there really was no massage listed that I wanted to try (not into the spa treatments or rock massage) but the prices were ok. Location wise its about 2 minute walk to some decent shopping stalls, 2 min taxi to Nagoya entertainment, 4 min to Nagoya Hill shopping, and withing 5-10 minutes of a range of golf courses. Tering bay was about 45 minutes away. Overall I enjoyed the stay, it served its purpose and there weren't any hassles at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!