“Bad Experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Bad Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have paid for the breakfast online (Accor website) but on actual day, the cafe's staff was not aware of it and I was stopped from taking breakfast. As such, I have to walk to and fro the cafe and reception counter. In the end, the reception had to make a call to the cafe to allow me to have breakfast.

The towels in the room are also quite old as the color of the towels is kind of black.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good Place
Breakfast, Hotel and location was good
Describe the service you experienced
Tell us how you liked the room (Clean)
Talk about the location & amenities (Try Local Food - Nasi Padang)
Say what you liked best & least

Don't Buy Alcohol in Batam (get all what you need from Singapore)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this property back in September 2-3 2012. The place was quite nice but felt abit empty and dull. (maybe is low peak season). There wasn't much happening.Considering I was alone, the room was quite spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially the food and beverage supervisor and his staff for making me feel welcome. The buffet breakfast served in the morning was nice.The security guard and the hotel taxi drivers at the hotel was friendly but a bit shady.
A dip in the pool was worthwhile as it cooled me down especially from the hot weather.
Overall I did enjoy this pleasant hotel and will definitely return here. Hopefully I get the room with the ocean view as the only view i got was a squatters area.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the lift as rooms facing the back could be abit of a walk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a golf holiday which served its purpose well. The rooms were clean as you would expect, the bed was big and comfortable. Good size flat screen tv, nice ambinet lighting, good water pressure, hot water a plenty, ok minibar with reasonable prices. I thought the laundry could have been cheaper (about S$4 for a t shirt) so I only washed when needed and sometimes just washed in the bath myself (more out of principle than being tight). The view I had was of a 1/4 completed building from floor no 5 (top floor). My room was a bit of a walk from the elevator. I found the service top notch. Everyone I looked at greeted me politely, the receptionist knew my name when I arrived (about 10pm), even one of the bar staff took me shopping the day after I told him I wanted to go to the mall. That saved me a lot of time and $$ having a local take you around. Breakfast was ok, some good nasi goreng among other local dishes, as well as western. Not huge selection of hot food but ok. Taxi counter new all the golf courses as well as the drivers. If you just want to head to Nagoya its cheaper just to walk out on the street and get a taxi or ojek (moto). There is a bag service where I could leave my clubs at the ground floor to save the carry which gives you a receipt which you need to retrieve your bag/s. I tried out the bar a couple of times, not much going on there, one night there was a 2 piece band (wed night?) where I was the only one there. Never the less I provided some good cheering :-). Didn't try the massage, there really was no massage listed that I wanted to try (not into the spa treatments or rock massage) but the prices were ok. Location wise its about 2 minute walk to some decent shopping stalls, 2 min taxi to Nagoya entertainment, 4 min to Nagoya Hill shopping, and withing 5-10 minutes of a range of golf courses. Tering bay was about 45 minutes away. Overall I enjoyed the stay, it served its purpose and there weren't any hassles at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was stayed single night at Novotel Batam and it was very good with standard Accor. And i like to stay again if i have chance travel in Batam Island. The Location Also Not Bad, And It Has shuttle Bus to Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall Which Is The Busiest Mall In Town.

The first Impression when I went In to The Lobby, The Security Didn't Assist Me To Open The door, And The Outside Has Scanning Door Also Nobody Stand By. So I Have To carry my own Luggage to Enter till Front office say i Wanna Check In. And Also a Bit Disappointed is the room didn't ready yet. And i need To Wait Till Ready Also The Other guest Almost A Hour At the lobby. I Was Asked Do You have Any shuttle Bus To go In The Town? So I Only Drop Off my luggage At The lobby And Their Would Be Assist when The room Get Ready. They Said Yes We Have Shuttle Bus But With Certain Schedule. Front Office Was Asked me to take Taxi And use My own pocket Money And I Couldn't Check In The Hotel Causes They Haven't Ready yet the room. But i Like They Way They Work, after 2 Minutes, I Get A room Very Nicely room And I Happy.

This is React Fast To the guest And do Priority guest. I Lovely to stay at Novotel BATAM. I Will See you Again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff, out of 10 only 2 really treat us as a guest.
Remaining 8 really really needs to learn how to smile and greet their guest. Customer service here really needs to improve.
Restaurant girls Indirectly chasing us out after our finished meals and laugh at us while we hardly count the currency on our hand.
Novotel Batam really needs to improve their CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed March 2013
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room
- nothing special, just normal, clean rooms.

Location
- not near the malls, so have to take a cab. Get the staff to get for you, else may get ripped off.

- breakfast was international buffet style. Not bad.
- they also provide bbq seafood buffet by the pool at around 30+SGD. Quite a good deal, just that we feel it is better to explore the local foods at the mall 10min drive away!

Pool
- the indoor pool sounded like a great idea for those who wants to swim regardless of rain or shine
- however, one side of the pool faces the cafeteria (where throngs of people have breakfast), another faces the main road, and yet another faces the stairs to the lobby. It feels weird being watched while you swim, especially if you are a lady and it is a Muslim state, where ladies should not be indecently dressed (but how not to when you are in a pool?).

Taxi
- in most countries where the denomination of the money is humongous, usually you just close an eye when they don't have change for some cents. But we grab a taxi for a 10min ride to the nearby mall, and the taxi driver didn't have change and decided not to give us the change of around 2sgd. We had to go to a shop in the mall on our own to get change. Next time, make sure you have smaller notes with you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!