“Good Hotel To Spend Your Nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Good Hotel To Spend Your Nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I spent one night in Novotel Batam on our short-trip two days ago with my girlfriend.
The price was a little bit higher than the rest, but you got what you paid. The room was nice, clean, and not stuffy. There were few restaurants available, and the food was great. The lobby has smoking-free policy. So, for us smokers, we gotta go outside of the lobby for a cigarette. Overall, the hotel was great. The only thing was only the location. Little bit far from the crowded place like malls, cinemas, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The exterior of the hotel may look old but the rooms are really nice,clean and equipped with all necessities. We had breakfast by the pool athough there's nothing fantastic about their indoor swimming pool. Breakfast was so-so, could have more varieties.

I liked the hotel, will go back there again the next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was average. But average can actually be good considering the city it is in.

It is decent for room in layout and look. One thing that boggled my mind was the bedding and towels. Just seem old and used and not replaced. The towels especially...

The breakfast and restaurant are okay. I didn't venture outside (only there 1 1/2 days) so I don't know how good the location is.

If I was going back I may try a different hotel, but I am not positive I would get a better hotel. The price of this hotel was pretty good so there is value in staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my second time staying in this Accord property. The last was in Aug 2012.

This time, the arrangement was much better as I have booked total 5 rooms and I managed to get 3 out of five close to one another and out of the three, 2 are connecting rooms. I find it strange though why the hotel cannot arrange to put all the five rooms close to each other especially I have already give my credit card for room confirmation?

This stay, 13Oct12, everything was ok except that the WIFI signal in the room were weak. Hope this can be improved.

The breakfast was ok, but, this time, I was annoyed as I found a cockroach crawling on the coffee cup on the table. The cockroach was about the size of half inch in length. Not sure if bigger can be found. Hope the hotel can step up its hygiene aspect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!