“Pleasant Experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The exterior of the hotel may look old but the rooms are really nice,clean and equipped with all necessities. We had breakfast by the pool athough there's nothing fantastic about their indoor swimming pool. Breakfast was so-so, could have more varieties.

I liked the hotel, will go back there again the next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was average. But average can actually be good considering the city it is in.

It is decent for room in layout and look. One thing that boggled my mind was the bedding and towels. Just seem old and used and not replaced. The towels especially...

The breakfast and restaurant are okay. I didn't venture outside (only there 1 1/2 days) so I don't know how good the location is.

If I was going back I may try a different hotel, but I am not positive I would get a better hotel. The price of this hotel was pretty good so there is value in staying here.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my second time staying in this Accord property. The last was in Aug 2012.

This time, the arrangement was much better as I have booked total 5 rooms and I managed to get 3 out of five close to one another and out of the three, 2 are connecting rooms. I find it strange though why the hotel cannot arrange to put all the five rooms close to each other especially I have already give my credit card for room confirmation?

This stay, 13Oct12, everything was ok except that the WIFI signal in the room were weak. Hope this can be improved.

The breakfast was ok, but, this time, I was annoyed as I found a cockroach crawling on the coffee cup on the table. The cockroach was about the size of half inch in length. Not sure if bigger can be found. Hope the hotel can step up its hygiene aspect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in many hotels in Indonesia as well as abroad, and I stayed often in Accor Group hotels (Novotel is one if them), but I've never encountered with such terrible experienced I have in Novotel Batam. I was planned to go a 3 days business trip to Batam, and this was my first trip to Batam. I picked Novotel over other 2 hotels that also well known because of Accor and Novotel's big name. But that impression only last first 3 minutes!

When I arrived, the FO staff was quite good, and she asked me a deposit for mini bar, I said how if I use debit card instead of CC, she reply, if you used debit, we can not refund it sir, with some annoying attitude. and i choose not to open my deposit, I said you can closed my mini bar, she replied again, now with more fierce tone, OK sir, you will be escort by Bell boy and he will CLOSED your mini bar. after that she left me stand in front of FO waiting for no one to come. so I sat in couch trying to get some wifi connection.

This is other problem, when I use my gadget to access wifi, it always request user name and password, so I asked again to FO staff (other woman), and she said, no need sir, we are using no need password wifi access, so I sat again and try to resolve my gadget access problem, but still it said password, so I asked again, and she said (again with uneasy tone), NO NEED Sir.. so I snapped, I said..LOOKED AT THIS GADGET..IT SAID PASSWORD, WHY WOULD I LIED TO YOU.. i said...and still she said...why this is happening sir??? what the [--]? I SHOULD BE THE ONE THAT ASKED YOU..not you asking me some STUPID question...so after minutes she gave me the OLD passw...and it worked....what i want to emphasize here is not the small problems i ENCOUNTERED but the ATTITUDE of your staff...I dont see much smile in their faces, always gloomy and qrouchy kind a look...

Overall, room was OK... bathroom quite dull.. good and nice toiletries.... so-so breakfast with poor placement of food stall.....stAndart tv cable channel with bad connection.. very poor wifi signal in rooms...

In the end... maybe I will chose other hotels than Novotel in my next visit... still i can get more smile with cheaper price in other hotels.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Overall a decent hotel with good facilities and friendly staff. Very close to Harbor Bay where good restaurants and sea port could be found.

Check-in was a breeze and room was clean. Sleep quality was good due to quite room and comfy bed.

Meeting room was good with good facilities. Food and drink served at the coffee break had good variety.

Quality and variety of complimentary breakfast was amazingly good.

Now to things to improve: bath tub in the room drained very slowly. Called for repair and staff promised to send somebody to fix it. Left the room before the staff came to fix it only to return to the room finding that it had not been fixed. Pretty disappointing. Used the area around the swimming pool to meet some people, apparently this area was the smoking area of the hotel; unfortunately the floor was full with cigarette butts and ash. If it had not been due to these two things, I'd have rated the hotel as very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!