“Great place for short getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Batam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novotel Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Batam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Batam
“Great place for short getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I brought my girlfriend to Batam to celebrate her birthday. We stayed at Novotel. Paid $75/pax for 2D1N stay with breakfast, city tour and ferry from deal.com. Read some bad reviews abt the hotel after booking. However, they don't seem very true. The hotel is near habor bay terminal and seafood. Breakfast was good. Rooms were very clean with bath tub. Hotel staff were friendly, and always eager to ask for feedback. Downside is, pool is small, and it's 5mins cab ride from hotel to Nagoya Hill Mall (40,000rp). However, hotel provides free scheduled shuttle service to the mall. Anyway, the mall's nothing to be proud of. We skipped the city tour and went round on our own. Had more time to ourselves relaxing in the hotel. I must say that the hotel was rather cosy to make us enjoy ourselves staying in. Thumbs up!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Novotel1946, Manager at Hotel Novotel Batam, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Valued Traveler:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Batam. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed overnight with my husband and child. The room is big, enough space to fit a king-sized bed, a desk, mini bar, sitting area (couch) with enough space for the stroller, luggage and a toddler to run around without bumping into things. The bed was very very comfortable, my son loved it!
We had dinner at the Japanese restaurant at the lobby. Food was good and prices were reasonable, about as much as one would pay when eating out in Singapore. We had breakfast at the Square Restaurant. Loved the fresh fruit juices and the pastries. The breakfast buffet catered to Asians (rice, porridge) and Westerners (pastries, hash browns, salad) alike.
Would probably go back for a weekend getaway with the family.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a non-smoking room if you prefer one. we were given a smoking room so it had a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Traveller:

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My bf and I went for a weekend getaway 2D1N in Novotel Batam booked through agoda.

Here are my reviews:

1) Room - Clean, spacious. TV has many channels. Bathroom was clean and good. Only thing that i think need improvement is the pillows. They are too high and stiff which makes sleeping uncomfortable. The mattress's spring was also soft which makes the sleep quality less comfortable too.

2) Staff service - good

3) The Square One restaurant - We had our BBQ Buffet Dinner and buffet breakfast there. Price is cheaper than Singapore. I find them reasonably good.

4) Location - Far from batam ferry terminal which required us to take taxi to and fro the ferry terminal from the hotel. And hiring hotel taxi is more ex than on the road. I would choose a nearer hotel from the ferry terminal in the future so that can go back to Singapore more easily

Overall, it's still a recommeded place for hotel stay if you do not mind staying a little further away from the Ferry terminal. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Traveller:

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed in Novotel Batam, near the Nagoya Shopping Center. The service in the hotel was good. I also highly recommend the Novotel Nasi Goreng. But please don't order it ala carte because you can have heaps of the rice during breakfast - it's served in the breakfast buffet. Rooms are clean and bright, good for couples who want to go for spa treatments because it is very near the Nagoya Shopping Mall. Please try The Spa Secret and avoid The Eska spa.

Room Tip: Try to take the free shuttle at 10am, 1pm and 3pm (if they haven't changed the timing) it will s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MissMah:

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Myself and two friends were in this hotel on 28th April. We came from singapore in ferry.
The staff in the hotel are very friendly and helpfull. Rooms are specious, well equiped and clean.
We were really stisfied on the money we paid. Bathrooms are also very clean and equiped. If I go there again I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rohan:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Batam.

Antigua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on my first visit to Batam.
The positives-:
Good rooms ,friendly staff,good breakfast.
The negatives-:
Very expensive drinks in the pub
Food expensive compared to outside restaurants
Nothing within walking distance and hotel taxi is very expensive due to the concierge taking money from the taxi drivers.I took taxi on the road and it was a quarter of the price.Always negotiate the price in advance as taxis are not metered unlike everywhere else in Indonesia.
Nest time I would opt for hotel in better location nearer malls or entertainment such as Harmony or Hills hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Neil C:

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Pros: Room was spacious and bed was big enough for us (2 adult and 1 toddler), breakfast variation was good but slightly expensive, service is prompt and friendly. We ordered late night dinner from room service and the food was tasty. Cons: towels from the pool were old and torn, no playground for kids, no nearby attraction (need to drive about 5-10 mins). However we'll recommend the hotel if you want to stay away from the hustle and the bustle of the city center, since Batam isn't that big anyway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Novotel1946, Manager at Hotel Novotel Batam, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Gianti,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Been to Hotel Novotel Batam? Share your experiences!